Moulins Local Customs

  • Musée du Bâtiment à Moulins
    Musée du Bâtiment à Moulins
    by Klod5
  • Musée Anne de Beaujeu - La vérité sortant du puit
    Musée Anne de Beaujeu - La vérité...
    by Klod5

Most Recent Local Customs in Moulins

  • Klod5's Profile Photo

    Musée Anne de Beaujeu

    by Klod5 Written Apr 29, 2003
    Mus��e Anne de Beaujeu - La v��rit�� sortant du puit

    Le château qui abrite aujourd'hui le Musée est le premier bâtiment attribuable à la Renaissance française.

    En édifiant ce batiment à la fin du XVème siècle, Pierre et Anne de Beaujeu transforment la forteresse médiévale en un château de plaisance.

    La conception de ce pavillon bordé d'arcades ainsi que son décor, sont de parfaits exemples de l'architecture du début de la Renaissance

    P pour Pierre II de Bourbon (1488 - 1503) et A pour Anne de France son épouse, fille du Roi Louis XI qui édifièrent le nouveau château.

    Le Duc Louis II de Bourbon (1356 - 1410) surnommé de "Bon Duc", créa l'ordre de Notre-Dame doté d'un costume orné d'une ceinture bleu ciel sur laquelle était incrite la devise "Espérance".

    L'image du Cerf volant est arrivée à une date inconnue dans les emblèmes des Ducs de Bourbon, mais elle figure toujours sur le blason de la ville de Moulins.

    Musée Anne de Beaujeu
    Place du Colonel Laussedat
    03000 MOULINS
    FRANCE
    Téléphone : (33) 04 70 20 48 47
    Fax : (33) 04 70 20 89 31
    Email : a.beaujeu@musee-moulins.fr

    The castle that shelters today the Museum is the first building attributable at the French Renaissance.

    As building this building at the end of the XVth century, Pierre and Anne of Beaujeu transforms the medieval fortress in a castle of pleasure.

    The conception of this pavilion edged of arcades as well as its decor, are of perfect examples of the architecture of the beginning of the Renaissance

    P for Pierre II of Bourbon (1488 - 1503) and HAS for Anne of France his/her/its wife, girl of King Louis XI who built the new castle.

    The Duke Louis II of Bourbon (1356 - 1410) nicknamed of " Good Duke ", created the order of Notre - Dame endowed with a costume decorated of a sky-blue belt on which was incrite the motto " Hope ".

    The picture of the flying Deer arrived at one unknown date in the emblems of the Bourbon Dukes, but it always represents on the blazon of the city of Moulins.

    Related to:
    • Museum Visits
    • Arts and Culture
    • Architecture

    Was this review helpful?

  • Klod5's Profile Photo

    Musée du Bâtiment à Moulins

    by Klod5 Written Apr 29, 2003
    Mus��e du B��timent �� Moulins

    Un petit groupe d'architectes et d'entrepreneurs, spécialisés dans la rénovation d'immeubles et de belles propriétés, regrettaient de jeter de vieux objets, témoins d'une époque. A chaque démolition, lorsqu'un lavabo ou un parquet partait à la décharge, on se disait "c'est pour le musée". Puis avec l'appui de la Fédération Départementale du Bâtiment et des Travaux Publics, quelques objets ont été entassés à la Maison du Bâtiment.

    Quelque temps plus tard, la ville de Moulins, en la personne de son maire de l'époque, Paul Chauvat, mit à notre disposition un magnifique immeuble du XVIIIème siècle, situé dans le quartier des Mariniers entre la Place d'Allier et la rivière Allier.

    Cet immeuble comprend cinq grandes salles au rez-de-chaussée dont trois réservées aux expositions temporaires et six grandes salles au premier étage consacrées aux collections permanentes du musée.

    A small group of architects and entrepreneurs, specialized in the renovation of buildings and beautiful properties, regretted to throw old objects, witnesses of one time. To every demolition, when a sink or a public prosecutor's office left to the discharge, one told " itself that is for the museum ". with the support of the Departmental Federation of the Building and Works Public, some objects have been heaped Then home of the Building.

    Some time later, the city of Moulins, in the person of its mayor of the time, Paul Chauvat, put to our disposition a magnificent building of the XVIIIth century, situated in the district of the Mariniers between the Place to Allier and the river to Allier.

    This building consists of five big rooms at the ground floor of which three reserved to the temporary exhibitions and six big rooms to the first floor dedicated to the permanent collections of the museum.

    Related to:
    • Museum Visits
    • Architecture

    Was this review helpful?

Instant Answers: Moulins

Get an instant answer from local experts and frequent travelers

119 travelers online now

Comments

Moulins Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Moulins local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Moulins sightseeing.

View all Moulins hotels