Cambremer Travel Guide

• Cambremer
    by balhannah
    Look up here, another one!
    Our room

Cambremer Things to Do

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Written Aug 27, 2011

ha ha! That got you!
    Well, the men I am talking about are wooden, and they are in all sorts of situations in the town of Cambremer. I saw one that looked like he was advertising the Tithe Barn. Then, later on my walk, I found another and another, so if you are going for a walk, have a look out for these "funny little men!"
    They keep on reminding me of "Bill & Ben the flowerpot men!"

Wooden little men Another one! Look up here, another one!
    • Hiking and Walking

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Updated Aug 27, 2011

Located in the main street is the 12th century St. Laurent Church. The door was open, so inside for a look I went. It was fairly plain but for the beautiful, stained glass windows, I really liked these. Worth having a look at.

Windows in Cambremer Church Windows in Cambremer Church Windows in Cambremer Church Windows in Cambremer Church Windows in Cambremer Church
    • Religious Travel

by ranger49 Updated Oct 6, 2010

It is not unusual to find that locations as picturesque as Cambremer attract many painters, potters,glassmakers, wood workers and other craftsmen and women.

There are a number of galleries and shops in the high street where their works are on sale and frequent exhibitions in the Tithe Barn - Grange aux Dîmes.

But look out for a very busy little fella - he may have a paint brush in hand, giving directions or winding the church clock. He is up to everything - a man of many talents.
    With the good sense to wear a hat on a very hot day too!

What's the rush little man? The Paris-Daeuville Vintage car run is here! Nearly finished Got it just in time! Now they are off on the next leg!

Cambremer Hotels

Cambremer Restaurants

by ranger49 Updated Oct 8, 2010

This could be the place where we might have had the best meal of our holiday.
    It was highly recommended by previous guests of our holiday home and on several websites.

We tried more than once to make a reservation for dinner by telephone but received no answer.
    The website invited contact by email for reservations - but no reply to our request was received.
    So we did not discover if it lived up to the glowing reports we had read.

Although unimpressed by the lack of response I would try to eat there - if ever in the area again.

by ranger49 Written Oct 6, 2010

This was not our first choice of restaurant but after seeing how busy the most highly rated restaurant in the village was, and what a heavy sounding lunch time menu it offered, we looked for something more modest.

It was a very hot day and the cool interior was perfect.
    I noticed a single resident being shown to a specially prepared table in a shaded part of the small garden at the rear.
    Once again we were the only "foreigners" and were served promptly and pleasantly by Pauline whose husband Julien takes care of the kitchen.

The 12 euro 2-course menu was very good value and my fish was good. A fairly simple meal but for " light lunchers" like us just right.

An old establishment - new owners Simple, bright decor Good coffee to finsh with The business card John takes a pictutre for VT!

• Cambremer Hotels

2 Hotels in Cambremer

Instant Answers: Cambremer

Comments

Cambremer Travel Guide
Map of Cambremer