Domfront Travel Guide

Bagnoles- de- l - orne
    Casino at Bagnoles-de-l-Orne

Domfront Things to Do

by balhannah Updated Aug 28, 2011

This Church has been placed on the National Heritage since 1993 and stands in the place where a 14th century Chapel stood.
    Even though this a newer Church, and a rather unusual looking one, it has suffered during the wars with the Dome collapsing and other deterioration. It is believed they put a too heavy Dome on the Roof, this is why it collapsed.
    In 1984 the Church was closed because of being unsafe, but they put a safety net up, and services were able to be held once again. It still is being repaired, and I should think will be quite a while before finished. Good on them for saving the Church.

As you can see by my photo's, it still is worth going into, to see the nice mosaics and the paintings.

Mosaic Mosiac painting Church of st. Julien Front of the St. Julien
    • Religious Travel

by balhannah Written Aug 28, 2011

The Old town was a fortified city, and I was able to still see some of the surviving towers and ramparts.
    Walking is the only way to enjoy the old city as the roads are very narrow. I walked the cobbble-stone streets admiring lots of medieval homes of all different styles. I found the shops and where a market is held, and many shop keepers and Inn-keepers putting their out door settings on the pavement, for what I think would be another busy day.

Some interesting medieval buildings Medieval Domfront Narrow Streets in Domfront A part of a Tower in Domfront Domfront
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Castles and Palaces

• Domfront Hotels

0 Hotels in Domfront

Domfront Restaurants

by balhannah Written Aug 28, 2011

Now I am going to make you hungry.
    For morning tea, we found the Boulangerie Patisserie. What a find. Look at the photo's of the selection, how to choose! We we did, mmmm, yummy. If lived closer, would be back for more!

Our morning tea Pies in the Patisserie More in the Patisserie The shop we bought our morning tea from

Domfront Off The Beaten Path

by balhannah Updated Aug 28, 2011

We went to the spa resort of Bagnoles de l’Orne on our way to Domfront.
    What a Town, and as is the case with most health resort/spa towns, everything you see is upmarket and beautiful, you need a bagful of money to stay here, and for the treatments.

The old style buildings were lovely, as were the gardens, all well kept. I especially like the large lake where the Rhododendron's were in flower. I walked around it, happily snapping away. The Casino backs onto the Lake, and on a nice day, the reflections would be nice.

An easy way to see the main sights is to take the little Tourist Train,
    costs 5.60 euros for an adult. Runs everyday from June to September.

Of course you come here for the mud baths, hot stones, the spa waters, to revitalize, and leave here feeling like a million dollars.

Plenty of luxurious accommodation if you wish to stay.

Well, unfortunately for me, I had to make do with enjoying the Town, which I though was very nice, although spread out, so if walking, be prepared!
    I had to leave the treatments for another day, but that doesn't mean you have to!

Bagnoles- de- l - orne Casino at Bagnoles-de-l-Orne By the Lake Nice architecture @ Bagnoles-de-l-orne Another nice building in Bagnoles
    • Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Domfront

Comments

Domfront Travel Guide
Map of Domfront