Honfleur Restaurants

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Le Bistro du Port: Fabulous seafood

by sue_stone Written Jul 19, 2006

Roast tuna steak

We only had the time for one meal during our stay in Honfleur, so wanted to make it a good one. Arriving on a Saturday night without a reservation anywhere did cause a bit of a problem, and we were turned away from the first few places that we liked the look of.

Then Le Bistro du Port caught our eye….well, the HUGE seafood platters on people's tables caught our eye! They did have a spare table, though unfortunately it was inside the restaurant, rather than on the lovely terrace at the front, oh well, we were hungry and the food looked great so we stayed.

The restaurant is located across the road from the port, a block or two from the Vieux Bassin. It specialises in seafood, and boy did it look good!

Favorite Dish: We started with some oysters, sharing a dozen between the 3 of us. I think I can honestly say these were the best oysters I have ever eaten! And they were big too. Yum.

Main meals - Chris & I both had the Roast Tuna steak with a pistachio & almond crust and a red wine sauce - the flavours were quite unusual, but the fish was fantastic. Alex had the Salmon, Swordfish & Cod kebab, served on lemon Risotto, which he said was delicious.

Chris & Alex managed to squeeze in some dessert - they both had the Apple Tart, which was beautifully presented (see photo).

We enjoyed a very refreshing bottle of Sancerre with our meal, and Chris & Alex sampled a small glass of Calvados (apple brandy) with their dessert

A lovely meal was had by all, and perhaps next time we will order one of those HUGE seafood platters!

• Wine Tasting

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo

Lovely restos

by Oana_bic Written Apr 22, 2004

Nice cosy restaurants equally classy pitoresque ones - its up to u...All around the harbour, u cant miss them..
    So much enjoyed sea food plates, fish soup with chees & mayonese, mussels & fries...
    Though, looking for a restaurant/ table could be quite a hassle, specially as they close pretty early, they're not too many & specially on public holidays they are overbooked. That night we ended up in bar restaurant after half an hour negotiations and queues...

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo

L'Arome Marin: Gourmand Normand

by ExGuyParis Updated Aug 23, 2003

Love and Food in Honfleur

We had a wonderful meal here. The seafood is outstanding (according to my companions. I am a no-fish no-seafood person, and there were multiple choices for me).

We got a table without a reservation, because we arrived at 7 pm. Later, they were turning people away like mad, so a reservation is worthwhile.

Favorite Dish: My friend raved about the fish soup. I had a turkey stew with a calvados sauce... heavenly!

Main courses range from 10 to 15 euros.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

La Ciderie: Gallettes & Crepes

by vichatherly Updated Jul 11, 2013
    La Ciderie

We dived into this spot to get away from the lunchtime crowds. We had a 20 month en-tow and so needed some space for him to run riot, without disturbing too many people.

• Joeplaboem's Profile Photo

L'Absinthe: The better French Cuisine

by Joeplaboem Written Oct 22, 2003
    Interior

Very stylish restaurant.
    Antique interior in old house near the port, perfect service, Maitre Sommelier present for fine Wines.

Favorite Dish: Artichoke soup with Almonds and Blue Cheese

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

RESTRAUNTS EVERYWHERE

by BerniShand Written Oct 12, 2003

restraunts all around the quay

There are many restraunts here, the ones around the quay are very popular as its such a picturesque setting

Favorite Dish: Seafood is widely available, fresh and delicious
    Moules Normandie et frites was my favourite

Instant Answers: Honfleur

Comments

Honfleur Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Honfleur restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Honfleur sightseeing.