Le Havre Favorites

Mt. St. Michel
    by sabsi

Most Recent Favorites in Le Havre

• DAO's Profile Photo

Beaujolais Nouveau Night !

by DAO Written Jan 31, 2013

Favorite thing:
    I was asked a few years ago to work for a few days here in Le Havre. Although my English and American colleagues had to work through to Saturday, I explained that I was returning to England on Friday morning. We all were due to meet up at my hotel lobby after work and a quick shower to have a group meal at a well rated restaurant. The others were in a hotel down one of the long canals. When I arrived in my hotel lobby – things had changed during the day! The hotel was obviously setting up food and wince. Lots of food and wine! Colossal amount heaped on table after table in the lobby. Cheeses, meats, wine, hot food, more wine.

I asked if they were having some sort of buffet and how much was it to eat and drink?

FREE !!!!

IT’S BEAUJOLAIS NOUVEAU NIGHT !!!!

Eh?

Yes, it’s a (FANTASTIC) French Tradition that that you can’t drink Beaujolais before the 3rd Thursday in November – supposedly until after Midnight. Nope – Le Havre does it right!

Then I found out virtually all the hotels were laying on free food and free wine! So before we even stepped foot in the fantastic restaurant – I was already full of food. And Beaujolais!

Result!

How those guys faced work the next day is beyond me. I slept in my room till noon. I have never had that much to eat and that much wine in my life – before or since. And it all tasted great!

Read more here:Beaujolais Nouveau Night

• Wine Tasting

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo

Watch the waves crash on the...

by SURFIN7TH Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: Watch the waves crash on the sea wall at the port.

Fondest memory: I spent many hours watching waves crash on this wall protecting the boats. There always seemed to be a storm coming in when I was there. Sometimes the waves would crash completely over this wall so protect your camera.

• pattyx's Profile Photo

Go to the rocky beach and have...

by pattyx Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to the rocky beach and have a great time riding bumping cars ;-) You can even catch a ferry to England there.

Fondest memory: It's a dull city (completely rebuilt after the wwII so it's missing the usual, European historical part) yet I had a great time there... Sometimes the ugly places can leave a great memories.

• Mt St. Michel

by sabsi Updated Feb 10, 2003

Mt. St. Michel

Favorite thing: Go to Mt. St. Michel! It's not far from Le Havre and absolutely worth every metre!

Fondest memory: The beach at Le Havre. Really nice stoney beach there. It must be gorgeous when it's not raining....

Instant Answers: Le Havre

Comments

Le Havre Favorites

Reviews and photos of Le Havre favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Le Havre sightseeing.