L'Auberge du Marronnier in Chateauneuf near Beaune, Beaune

Place du Marche, 21320 Chateauneuf-en-Auxois (0)3 8049 2191

Chateauneuf Street Scene
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

L'Auberge du Marronnier in Chateauneuf near Beaune: Great duck at a great price! (in Chateauneuf)

by Beausoleil Updated Dec 15, 2009

Au Marronnier Restaurant

Au Marrionnier Restaurant is a budget restaurant that is utterly charming. You can eat inside or out and I highly recommend outside where you can watch people interacting in the beautiful streets of the village. The buildings are all stone and many kitties wander the streets . . . along with the tourists. There are flowers everywhere.

Closed Mondays
    Closed December 1 to January 31

Favorite Dish: We weren't expecting much so my husband ordered a Croque Monsieur and it was very good. I, however, had a yearning for roast duck and it was on the menu so I ordered it. It came with frites so I didn't have high hopes. To my surprise and delight, the duck was fabulous. It was cooked to perfection, crispy skin and literally falling off the bone. My husband was very sorry he hadn't ordered it too.

We had a very young waiter and he was also very friendly. It was just an excellent and very friendly restaurant and the prices were ridiculously low. We would have paid lots more for what we got.

Update: We returned to Au Marrionnier Restaurant this past May with high hopes and we were not disappointed. It was absolutely as good as we remembered and this time my husband did get the duck! Highly recommended.

Instant Answers: Beaune