L'Incontournable, Beaune

29 Rue Carnot 0380261495

L'Incontournable, 29 Rue Carnot
    by breughel
  • breughel's Profile Photo

L'Incontournable: Cuisine de Bourgogne.

by breughel Updated Nov 13, 2008

L'Incontournable, 29 Rue Carnot

This restaurant opened one year ago and has already acquired a good reputation among the people from the neighbourhood.
    It occupies two old cellars and is reached by a corridor and staircase at nr. 29 of the rue Carnot in the centre.
    We arrived at the beginning of the evening so that we still got a table. Later the restaurant was complete on that Friday evening.
    There are two menus at 26€ and 32€ with entry, main dish, cheese plus dessert. There is also a menu at 22€ without cheese. Prices are tax and service included. The portions were generous.
    We began with a regional speciality “"œuf mollet en meurette" (soft-boiled egg in wine sauce) which was new for us and really delicious in the way it was prepared by the owner Robert Lavier.
    My wife continued à la carte with very good "rognons et ris de veau" (kidneys and calf sweetbread) at 18 € and me with a Charolais rumpsteak from the menu at 26€ accompanied by small vegetables with fresh coriander. My meat was tasteful but somewhat firm.
    I continued with a plate of three well refined cheeses of Burgundy.
    For dessert my wife had red fruit soup and me the apple tart.

All wines are from Burgundy what means that the prices are rather high since this type of wine belongs to the expensive (and best) wines of France. Average cost for a bottle was 30 to 40 €. There are half-bottles, wine by glass and the carafe of plain water is free like obligatory in France.

The service was kind and effective, the owner came to greet us and ask for our appreciation. We will readily go back at L'Incountournable.

Closed on Sunday and Monday.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Beaune

Comments

Hotels Near L'Incontournable
3.5 out of 5 stars