Le Relais du Chateau (de la Rochepot), Beaune

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Le Relais du Chateau (de la Rochepot): Really nice hidden restaurant

by Beausoleil Written Aug 11, 2006

The Relais du Chateau restaurant

We were in la Rochpot to visit the chateau and afterwards decided to drive down into the town to see what was there. It was small but quaint and charming. Here is my journal entry for lunch.

"We drove into town and photographed the church and started our daily search for lunch. Immediately passed the Relais de Château de Rochepot, noted the Logis de France sign so we returned and parked. All the shady outdoor tables were taken so we sat inside where it was quiet and cool."

Favorite Dish: Continuing the journal:

"We ordered the pork cassis with crudité starters. The crudité had a very spicy mustard vinaigrette dressing . . . wonderful. The pork and cassis (black currants) was accompanied by carrots, noodles and a fried “thing” we couldn’t identify but we both liked. The pork was cooked to absolute perfection. Ed got a rum cake for dessert and I got the cheese plate with three local cheeses . . . including Amour de Nuit St. George and accompanied by a large walnut . . . scrumptious."

I might add, I quickly became addicted to Amour de Nuit St. George cheese and bought it at every opportunity.

E-mail address is: infos@relais-du-chateau.com (web site listed below)

• Castles and Palaces