Dijon Restaurants

grilled gambettas
    Kir Royal _ olives and puff pastry
  • Boeuf à la Bourguignonne Tagliatelles au Beurre
    Boeuf à la Bourguignonne Tagliatelles au...

Most Recent Restaurants in Dijon

• pedroswift's Profile Photo

Le Germinal: Don't Miss the Frogs' Legs

by pedroswift Updated Feb 27, 2013

The Smoked Salmon is to die for!

We have had the pleasure of dining at Le Germinal on five occasions during the last eight years and have made a point of returning for a second night's wonderful dining experience on each visit to Dijon except on a one-night stand. The restaurant is among many in the Place Emile Zola area on Rue Monge. Zola had a liking for frogs. His most admired work is "Le Germinal" hence the restaurant's name. The decor is very 'Froggy'. Also has an under-floor aquarium covered with glass.
    Sea food as well as frogs' legs is the speciality. Smoked Salmon to die for. Wonderful Marmite of seafood. Paella with seafood and frogslegs. Yummmmeee!
    Not too expensive 75 euro for two.( 2 courses each, 2x flutes of champagne and half a litre of pinot noir). We don't eat dessert but from the reactions of other patrons desserts are top notch as well.

Favorite Dish: A favourite is Marmite.
    This describes the cooking pot of cast iron or earthenware in which the food is both cooked and presented. Euros 14 for the seafood marmite (in mid-2006).
    In 2012, the Marmite Royale flambee au whisky (delux seafood mix) was €23.

• emcosta's Profile Photo

L'imprimerie: Great food, excellent decoration

by emcosta Updated Sep 12, 2010

The ambience is very nice; food is superb.

Favorite Dish: On the 6 days that I spent in Dijon, I went 3 times to this restaurant, which I found to be numer one in the area.
    On my first visit, my friend had a wok, which was very good and I had a salmon pasta, which was not the best in the world, but was OK.
    On the second visit, he had a pasta bolognese which was not good and I had a great Filet Mignon Rosini. Really good! The thing is that on Tuesdays they have Karaoke, so, unless you are a fan of Karaoke, don't go there on Tuesdays or stay as far away as possible from the singers.
    Third visit on a Saturday night - great salad and very good steak. The restaurant was fully booked and they had set some tables on the square across the street under the arch.
    Important - when you go there, ask for the menu both in English and in French. It may sound weird, but there are more options on the French menu than on the English version.

• carmye's Profile Photo

L'Auberge Bourguignonne: Highly recommended restaurant in Beaune

by carmye Updated Jun 28, 2009

Kir Royal _ olives and puff pastry

A guy at the bike rental store recommended this restaurant for traditional Burgundian dishes in Beaune. We were very pleased with its food, its service, and its atmosphere.
    The food: for a prix fixe "Menu du Terrroir", 29 Euros/person, we had a four courses menu. For appetizers, my husband had a Terrine de Canard Maison et sa Gelée au Porto, and I had a Feuilleté d'Escargots à la Beaunoise. For entree, we both had Boeuf à la Bourguignonne Tagliatelles au Beurre. After that, the waiter brought out a huge tray of local cheese for us to choose from, any thing, as much as we wanted. Then we had profiterols for desert. Added 2 aperitifs (1 Kir royal, a cassis with champagne, 10 Euros by itself) and 1 bottle of AOC wine, and the total was about less than 100 Euros (US $ 140). It was not cheap, but compared to many fine-dining restaurants of the Bay Area, it was a good deal, given the dishes and the AOC wine we had. The service was extremely professional and tourists friendly. The German couple next to our table didn't speak any french, but the waiter spoke enough english to get their orders, so they had no problems. I would go back to this restaurant any time.

Favorite Dish: EVERY THING WE HAD!
    1. Feuilleté d'Escargots à la Beaunoise: it's a puff pastry with escargots (snails) in a creamy whine sauce. The sauce was to die for.
    2. Terrine de Canard Maison et sa Gelée au Porto; it's a duck terrine with port.
    3. Boeuf à la Bourguignonne Tagliatelles au Beurre: the best boeuf bourguignon we ever had. Of course, it was made with red wine, but it didn't taste like drinking wine.

I would go back to try other dishes on their menu:

Cuisse de Canard rôtie aux Pleurotes 17,00

• carmye's Profile Photo

L'Emile Brochettes: The best brochettes

by carmye Updated Jun 28, 2009

grilled gambettas

Specialized in grilled meat/seafood on skewers ("brochettes"). I used to only like the Pekin style roast duck, but the duck skewer here surpassed any duck dishes I had. The restaurant has a outdoor seating and an indoor with original decor. Place Emile Zola itself is a wonderful hangout places with restaurants all around. The service is slow and you need to be pro-active to get it. We waited in line to get a table for 15 minutes before we found out people were just hanging out around the outdoor sitting place. We walked up and asked the waitress for a table and voila, she sat us right the way! I had to ask for salt several times. A couple of french tourists next to us were so upset because they were waiting half an hour at the table without having anyone coming for service. But the food was great, the atmosphere was wonderful, and hey, we were on vacation and had all the time to enjoy watching people, so it was no big deal. I would come back to Dijon just for their "brochettes de canard"!

Favorite Dish: "brochettes de canard": grilled duck on skewers. The meat was marinated in spices (not sure what spices), grilled to perfection, not too cooked, not too raw.
    Brochettes de gambettas: grilled big prawns marinated with spices.

• mpileggi's Profile Photo

Le Bistrot des Halles: Lively restaurant in Dijon

by mpileggi Written Sep 19, 2007

After a fun morning of shopping at Dijon's fabulous indoor market, head to this restaurant for lunch serving the freshest of ingredients. We didn't have lunch reservations, but had no problem getting in. Within 20 minutes the place was completed filled with locals enjoying their mid-day meal. This place had outdoor dining but the day we were there the tables/chairs were not set up. Not sure why, as it was a beautiful day.

Favorite Dish: I had the cream of white asparagus soup; Salmon in a light cream sauce. My friend Louisa ( don't remember what she ordered) and I ordered two different desserts to share: Crème Freshe and a Pot a la Parlaine. House white wine (11€). 21.50€.

• Women's Travel

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Italian

by barryg23 Updated Mar 17, 2007

Susan on rue Musette

Immediately forgetting our spending limit of 100 Francs per day, we ate at an Italian restaurant close to rue Musette, where this photo was taken. Dijon has a nice collection of quiet streets around here with some great restaurants and cafes.

Favorite Dish: We had Pizza and Garlic Bread a bottle of red wine

• kathymof's Profile Photo

Les Gourmandises de Tatine: Don't miss this when in Dijon

by kathymof Updated Aug 26, 2006

Inside of Les Gourmandises de Tatine

Oh my mouth is watering as I write this tip. This is a small cafe in the pedestrianized area almost behind Eglise Notre Dame. The food was delightful. I had the four part salad both days I was in Dijon. It is served on a beautiful glass plate with a mound of baby greens in the center. Around this is placed four items that you select from the menu. I tried 8 different things in two days and loved every one. The most unusual was a cold radish soup that I have tried to imitate here at home. The staff were very friendly. My reccommendation on Les Gourmandises de Tatine is to eat there. It closes early evening and is primarily a lunch spot.

Favorite Dish: See above

• Museum Visits

• cup0joe's Profile Photo

La Scala: The biggest bucket of Moules Frites!

by cup0joe Written Dec 5, 2005

Okay I don't care itf it's a chain. The food was wonderful and cheap. We went back there a few times while in Dijon.

Favorite Dish: The pizzas were all great. And the giant bucket of moules was more than I could have asked for. Plus they had a special: mussels, fries and a large beer or wine for 8 euros! It fed two of us. We ordered a side salad which was actually green lovely lettuce. Sorry I'm suffering from British food syndrome. Anything with flavor and color that doesn't cost more than a tank of petrol I get terribly excited.

• piccolina's Profile Photo

Bancomat: They miss to have Cappuccino!

by piccolina Written Mar 8, 2005

yummm

Very warm , especially if out there is a bloody cold wind....You can consume your croissant or pain au chocolat standing in front a small table.....
    Could be that there is a camera filming the inside of the Bancomat space, in this case says.........CHEESEEEE!!

Favorite Dish: Croissant!

• Le Chabrot: More Escargot, Anyone?

by Annapet Written Feb 7, 2005

This is France! There is a feast in every region.

Le Chabrot also makes a dark and lovely coq au vin, which is served with a creamy potato gratin and a sweet and spicy carrot mousse. But the real reason to come here is, not surprisingly, the wine.

Favorite Dish: Snail and Pleurotte Mushroom Casserole

• Architecture

• custardpomme's Profile Photo

Les Moules a Dijon?

by custardpomme Written Mar 17, 2004

I don’t believe in eating seafood if you’re not near the coast – in fact, the idea fills me with dread.
    But while looking for somewhere to eat in Dijon, we walked past this nice-looking restaurant specialising in moules (mussels) and oysters. Next door was another moules-frites restaurant, but this one looked nicer, so I figured if there’s two that look like they’re doing well, they must know what they’re doing. Plus, I’m a sucker for moules-frites 

And it was fantastic! Moules-frites in a variety of different sauces, gorgeous oysters, all presented beautifully. Not sure of the name, it could be Restaurant Moules Zola, but I’m sure if you ask at your hotel or on street, someone will point you in the right direction.

• Lalique's Profile Photo

Specialities

by Lalique Updated Jun 26, 2003

Favorite Dish: Dijon is famous not only by its Mustard but by aperitif called 'Kir': it was prepared for the 1st time by one of the city Mayors, who mixed sec white wine with black berry liqueur (Cassis). Don't forget to taste pan cakes, which are the speciality of the region, they come with different fillings, v. tasty!!!

• mignonne's Profile Photo

La Taverne-Situated beside the...

by mignonne Written Aug 25, 2002

La Taverne-Situated beside the covered market:)- Thanks to Romnearparis for advice!:) Merci Romain!
    Not expensive and good quality and variety:) A set costs about 120FRF---How much in Euros? :-p

Oh yes, and it has a great atmosphere,it's very comfortable!

Favorite Dish: You can find great seafood in this restaurant and also some speciality set lunch or dinner of Dijon. The mustard is a specialty of the region of Dijon, and it exsists in many flavours, Blackcurrent,Cognac,Nuts,berries,extra strong etc...In general you can get the mustard in the 'Epiceries' Provision shops:)

• Angelions's Profile Photo

Un restaurant trés bien, d'une...

by Angelions Written Aug 24, 2002

Un restaurant trés bien, d'une bonne prestance !

Le Saint Georges
    Le menu premier prix est à 120F, le menu du terroir est à 154F, et ca continue...
    Le cadre est trés confortable malgrès ca proximité de la route

Favorite Dish: Le menu Terroir est restreint par son choix, mais d'une qualité trés noble !

Instant Answers: Dijon

Comments

Dijon Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dijon restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dijon sightseeing.