Carnac Restaurants

Memes Tra resto
    by gwened
    side towards grande plage ahead
    by gwened
    looking at grande plage from my table

Most Recent Restaurants in Carnac

• gwened's Profile Photo

Le Baba salon de thé: nice salon de thé

by gwened Written Jun 6, 2015

This is a nice salon de thé right in front of tourist office and nice shops around it. not far from the beach grande plage.

Wonderful mix of goodies here and teas are good. Also the breads like the menhirs and macarons.
    just a nice place and easy to get, you should enjoy it away from the central crowded areas

For a walk and a delicious quick fix this is it in Carnac.

Favorite Dish: there is a nice Breton cake kouign aman,gateaux breton,florentins covered thin chocolates and teas of course

Le Baba Salon de Th�� arriving at Le Baba

• gwened's Profile Photo

Memes Tra: fresh seafood and great looks

by gwened Updated Jun 6, 2015

Our homes in this town just about 15 kms from home. The beach of Ty Bihan is just across the street,and the side street leads to city center of Carnac plage/beach .

The friendly is fast and friendly with good stuff ,and the views of people watching is legendary lol!!! great ambiance until the night hours

Many times here by now it is our hangout in Carnac. Great cold ones and wonderful view at the beach

Favorite Dish: moules curry and garlic ,with grimbergen beers just to watch the world go by...

Memes Tra resto shot from beach ty bihan to Memes Tra grande plage look at ave miln and memes tra side towards grande plage ahead looking at grande plage from my table

La Plage: traditional French seafood at Plage

by gwened Written May 25, 2014

This is a very friendly restaurant with the owner bringing you in seating you and then he gets pay hehehe.

The staff is very friendly and attentive, careful Watch over by the boss. It is,also a breton creperie so the galettes or crepes looks very good.

We ate outside in the terrace area and the people watching is always part of eating here, very nice. We will be back

Favorite Dish: we had our first of the season mussels here, with curry, with cider,with carbonata cheeses, onion soups, coffees and a bottle of Sancerre white wine all for 19.76€ per person!

La Plage inside dining room of La Plage the menu of La Plage well no food shot but the wine was excellent
    • Wine Tasting

La Potiniére: refine pizzas and cafe style Carnac

by gwened Updated May 25, 2014

nice modern wonderful and about 100 meters from the grande plage or big beach of Carnac

this is a relax place for a light meal, pizza, coffees,and ice cream with the whole family. YOu have a nice terrace which becomes even better in the evenings, and great ambiance. severak cocktails and Irish beers included. continuous service from midday to 23h

Favorite Dish: YOu hava a plat du jour or meal entry of the day for about 10.50€ coming with a fish or beef, a glass of red Bordeaux goes from 3€, pizzas around the 12€ mark ,and the cuisine cooking is all done there homemade,
    When there we go for the pizzas, very well done different types.

La Potini��re

Le West: for a chic night in Carnac

by gwened Written May 25, 2014

This is a western style place,vibrant and chic for the night owls in all of us, this is it. Close tothe Beach in fact walk into it from the resto; very nice and romantic.

Whether it is in the garden , terrace or the mezzanine,or even at the bar the products are fresh and inventive and cook on the plancha style in front of you!

you will be back, great find. Exclusive here on VT ::) as I live only about 30 mins from Carnac!

Favorite Dish: Need to try the bull's meat, AOC bull of Camargue. a tender delicious beef from mix of fighting bulls and the raco di biou or a crossing of the two; wonderful. great with a jalet of crozes hermitage red

Le West at Carnac
    • Wine Tasting

L'Igloo: ice cream igloo

by gwened Updated May 25, 2014

These folks have one in my town and so here is no difference very good ice creams with a multiude of flavors all reasonable price. The service is friendly and fast, and the choice inmense. Very family oriented nice and good
    its our family stop as we all love ice creams lol!!! We many times dont eat dessert in the restaurants just to come here for the ice creams afterward ::)
    We just were early to get good parking at the beach so we walk and voilà 171 flavors and Guinness recognise record for flavors.

the place for ice creams, chichis/churros, caramels/candies simply too good.

Favorite Dish: four scoops of passion fruit, coconuts, strawberry, and pineapple, simply big portions and delicious for four euros.
    had cassis, mango, and dark chocolate too, yummy! 171 flavors can't go wrong.

L'Igloo ice creams of Carnac long counter,171 flavors of ice creams the plaque Guinness record of flavors the four scoops ice cream cone

Kreiz An Avel: great seafood and pizzas combi

by gwened Updated Jun 8, 2013

very nice popping place with great fresh seafood ,lobster on demand, large menu of the day with seafood goodies, from brandade de morue to homard, lobsters. The ambiance is very well handle by young team,and the looks over the port du po is magnificent.

You have the resto kreiz an avel and the pizza baia on same building by same staff.

I just found the service very slow, and even had to go get my water myself, the place was busy and did met other visitors from England who had been there the day before and found the place very good. So maybe one hiccups on the slow but it was very slow even by French standards ::)

Favorite Dish: italian hams, chorizos, and magret de canards combi n pizzas, salads of goats with greens, and moules à la créme or cream mussels, with pelforths blonde beers and lovely desserts of creme brulée coconut,banana splits, and ice cream

front of Kreiz An Avel resto from inside resto Kreiz an Avel arriving kreiz an avel and pizza baia

Restaurant Le Cozy: galettes crepes in bourg of Carnac

by gwened Updated Jun 8, 2013

First time came,and the service was very friendly, great inner court indeed cozy ambiance, away from city noises, and the food was good, a find. Need to try it by the bourg city center Carnac just past the church St Cornely turn right on next street (rue saint cornély) and go in first corridor to your right.
    Great always and good prices.

Favorite Dish: I have galettes st jacques with local beer bonnets rouge or red breton beer, and coffee. all for about 20€ but had more than one beer lol! all done very well and at good prices.

front facade of Le Cozy restaurant inner courtyard entrance to Le Cozy

La Tour de Pise: pizzas by the beach

by gwened Written Aug 23, 2012

well this is great pizza, the name is the Pisa tower in French. just 50 meters from the grande plage and great made pizzas makes it my stop for pizzas in Carnac. the ambiance is very lively and friendly.
    You have in house eating and take out. Very popular in town.Here since 1970.

Favorite Dish: chorizo base pizzas or st jacques or salmon are good and big pizzas

pizzeria resto La Tour de Pise La Tour de Pise pizzeria la tour de pise early morning all��es des menhirs arriving tour de pise

La Peche Mignon: light nice and friendly sandwicherie

by gwened Written Aug 23, 2012

a nice bakery at ave des druides about 200 meters from the grande plage beach. Here you have family service very friendly,and fast service. I came in after a morning in the beach, and really wanted more a light meal than a full lunch; so decided for this spot and it was a nice find.

if you are looking for a quick economical family meal come here,you get tochoose many types of sandwiches, desserts and soft drinks in a formula of 9 euros per person ok for a touristic beach area. Of course you can buy bread and sweet at will to picnic or take home.

it has no webpage

Favorite Dish: americaine thon or tuna american.peach muffin, and orangina orange flavor soft drink

la peche mignon the sandwicherie section

• alza's Profile Photo

Restaurant La Côte: A great experience in the Morbihan, Brittany

by alza Updated Mar 4, 2011

The Restaurant La Côte in Carnac is celebrating 17 years of passion for good food in 2011 so I thought I'd update my tip. I haven't been back to Brittany since 1999 but when I do return to this favourite place of mine, I will go back to Carnac and to Pierre Michaud's excellent restaurant.

Pierre Michaud is the chef at La Côte. He's from Auray, a nice town nearby but he considers himself a true man from Carnac, where his grandfather had an old farm-house. Pierre Michaud took over the old house to save the walls from crumbling down and the Restaurant La Côte was a labour of love. The place is beautiful inside and out, they have zen-like gardens, inviting dining rooms, etc.

Everything came together at La Cote and made my time there pleasant in every way. There were various menus at different prices, I chose the menu plaisir (Fun Menu) and loved it. 35 Euros I think, or close.

1999 is the year I joined VT (under another name.) I wasn't taking pics of food in restaurants then. So here are a few photos of the area where the Restaurant La Côte is located.

If you check out the restaurant's website, it first opens on an Intro... give it time to load, you'll hear Celtic music and song and you'll see some good photos of the place.

Favorite Dish: Pierre Michaud works magic with all types of products, fish of course but also excellent meat. Accompaniments of vegetables are done with inventiveness, sometimes associations are surprising -- this makes the meal very interesting and fun, not just delicious :)

I had a pavé de colin in a crust of... herbs or spices, I forget. I like the way the fish is presented on its own, besides the vegetable dish. A pleasure for the eyes which really wet my appetite! Colin is lean and must be cooked carefully so as not to be dry. Michaud knows how to do it.

In English, colin would probably be whiting, hake. It's delicate in flavour and has lean, soft flesh. I don't often go for fish but when I see the word pavé, it means the piece won't have bones so I get a little daring. And to be frank, I think we should honour Pachamama at every occasion, by tasting a bit of all she offers us. I prefer discovering over going for old favourites.

Apparently in the UK, they've renamed the fish called pollack with the new name COLIN since it wasn't selling very well under its British identity... the wonders of marketing. :)

In French, colin is also called merlu I think... all these names are confusing! Le merlu me donne la berlue!

By the road (Route de Crach) Menhir alignments Auray, birthplace of Pierre Michaud Flowers on menhirs

• hquittner's Profile Photo

All the Better Restaurants of Morbihan Bay Area: Oyster Farms in Morbihan Bay

by hquittner Written Aug 7, 2007

As we went to the Island of Gavrinis in Morbihan Bay (See Things to Do Tips), we passed workers busy in their oyster beds. These delicacies were expensively featured in our gourmet dinners at the Hotel at which we stayed (See our Hotel Tip). We had not yet moved to our retirement in New Orleans where we became oyster addicts and our memories of these are cloudy but we would go there and do it again.

Favorite Dish: Oysters and more oysters.

French style oyster beds Oystermen at Work
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Carnac

Comments

Carnac Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Carnac restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Carnac sightseeing.