Carnac Restaurants

la tour de pise early morning
    by gwened
    allées des menhirs arriving tour de pise
    front facade of Le Cozy restaurant

Most Recent Restaurants in Carnac

Kreiz An Avel: great seafood and pizzas combi

by gwened Updated Jun 8, 2013
    front of Kreiz An Avel resto

very nice popping place with great fresh seafood ,lobster on demand, large menu of the day with seafood goodies, from brandade de morue to homard, lobsters. The ambiance is very well handle by young team,and the looks over the port du po is magnificent.

You have the resto kreiz an avel and the pizza baia on same building by same staff.

I just found the service very slow, and even had to go get my water myself, the place was busy and did met other visitors from England who had been there the day before and found the place very good. So maybe one hiccups on the slow but it was very slow even by French standards ::)

Favorite Dish: italian hams, chorizos, and magret de canards combi n pizzas, salads of goats with greens, and moules à la créme or cream mussels, with pelforths blonde beers and lovely desserts of creme brulée coconut,banana splits, and ice cream

Restaurant Le Cozy: galettes crepes in bourg of Carnac

by gwened Updated Jun 8, 2013
    front facade of Le Cozy restaurant

First time came,and the service was very friendly, great inner court indeed cozy ambiance, away from city noises, and the food was good, a find. Need to try it by the bourg city center Carnac just past the church St Cornely turn right on next street (rue saint cornély) and go in first corridor to your right.
    Great always and good prices.

Favorite Dish: I have galettes st jacques with local beer bonnets rouge or red breton beer, and coffee. all for about 20€ but had more than one beer lol! all done very well and at good prices.

La Tour de Pise: pizzas by the beach

La Tour de Pise pizzeria

well this is great pizza, the name is the Pisa tower in French. just 50 meters from the grande plage and great made pizzas makes it my stop for pizzas in Carnac. the ambiance is very lively and friendly.
    You have in house eating and take out. Very popular in town.Here since 1970.

Favorite Dish: chorizo base pizzas or st jacques or salmon are good and big pizzas

L'Igloo: ice cream igloo

early morning at the Igloo

These folks have one in my town and so here is no difference very good ice creams with a multiude of flavors all reasonable price. The service is friendly and fast, and the choice inmense. Very family oriented nice and good
    its our family stop as we all love ice creams lol!!! We many times dont eat dessert in the restaurants just to come here for the ice creams afterward ::)
    We just were early to get good parking at the beach so we walk when it was till closed but believe this is our stop and is very good.

Favorite Dish: four scoops of passion fruit, coconuts, strawberry, and pineapple, simply big portions and delicious for four euros.

La Peche Mignon: light nice and friendly sandwicherie

la peche mignon

a nice bakery at ave des druides about 200 meters from the grande plage beach. Here you have family service very friendly,and fast service. I came in after a morning in the beach, and really wanted more a light meal than a full lunch; so decided for this spot and it was a nice find.

if you are looking for a quick economical family meal come here,you get tochoose many types of sandwiches, desserts and soft drinks in a formula of 9 euros per person ok for a touristic beach area. Of course you can buy bread and sweet at will to picnic or take home.

it has no webpage

Favorite Dish: americaine thon or tuna american.peach muffin, and orangina orange flavor soft drink

• gwened's Profile Photo

Memes Tra: fresh seafood and great looks

by gwened Written Jul 8, 2012
    from beach memes tra and city center road

Our homes in this town just about 15 kms from home. The beach of Ty Bihan is just across the street,and the side street leads to city center of Carnac plage/beach .

The friendly is fast and friendly with good stuff ,and the views of people watching is legendary lol!!! great ambiance until the night hours

Favorite Dish: moules curry and garlic ,with grimbergen beers just to watch the world go by...

• alza's Profile Photo

Restaurant La Côte: A great experience in the Morbihan, Brittany

by alza Updated Mar 4, 2011

By the road (Route de Crach)

The Restaurant La Côte in Carnac is celebrating 17 years of passion for good food in 2011 so I thought I'd update my tip. I haven't been back to Brittany since 1999 but when I do return to this favourite place of mine, I will go back to Carnac and to Pierre Michaud's excellent restaurant.

Pierre Michaud is the chef at La Côte. He's from Auray, a nice town nearby but he considers himself a true man from Carnac, where his grandfather had an old farm-house. Pierre Michaud took over the old house to save the walls from crumbling down and the Restaurant La Côte was a labour of love. The place is beautiful inside and out, they have zen-like gardens, inviting dining rooms, etc.

Everything came together at La Cote and made my time there pleasant in every way. There were various menus at different prices, I chose the menu plaisir (Fun Menu) and loved it. 35 Euros I think, or close.

1999 is the year I joined VT (under another name.) I wasn't taking pics of food in restaurants then. So here are a few photos of the area where the Restaurant La Côte is located.

If you check out the restaurant's website, it first opens on an Intro... give it time to load, you'll hear Celtic music and song and you'll see some good photos of the place.

Favorite Dish: Pierre Michaud works magic with all types of products, fish of course but also excellent meat. Accompaniments of vegetables are done with inventiveness, sometimes associations are surprising -- this makes the meal very interesting and fun, not just delicious :)

I had a pavé de colin in a crust of... herbs or spices, I forget. I like the way the fish is presented on its own, besides the vegetable dish. A pleasure for the eyes which really wet my appetite! Colin is lean and must be cooked carefully so as not to be dry. Michaud knows how to do it.

In English, colin would probably be whiting, hake. It's delicate in flavour and has lean, soft flesh. I don't often go for fish but when I see the word pavé, it means the piece won't have bones so I get a little daring. And to be frank, I think we should honour Pachamama at every occasion, by tasting a bit of all she offers us. I prefer discovering over going for old favourites.

Apparently in the UK, they've renamed the fish called pollack with the new name COLIN since it wasn't selling very well under its British identity... the wonders of marketing. :)

In French, colin is also called merlu I think... all these names are confusing! Le merlu me donne la berlue!

• hquittner's Profile Photo

All the Better Restaurants of Morbihan Bay Area: Oyster Farms in Morbihan Bay

by hquittner Written Aug 7, 2007
    French style oyster beds

As we went to the Island of Gavrinis in Morbihan Bay (See Things to Do Tips), we passed workers busy in their oyster beds. These delicacies were expensively featured in our gourmet dinners at the Hotel at which we stayed (See our Hotel Tip). We had not yet moved to our retirement in New Orleans where we became oyster addicts and our memories of these are cloudy but we would go there and do it again.

Favorite Dish: Oysters and more oysters.

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Carnac

Comments

Carnac Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Carnac restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Carnac sightseeing.