Dinan Restaurants

by Toshioohsako
    Cafe Terrace
    by froggy06
  • Chez La Mere Pourcel - timber framed building
    Chez La Mere Pourcel - timber framed...
    by froggy06

Most Recent Restaurants in Dinan

• Cafe Terrace- Dinan Port: Cafe Terrace- Good Times

by Nick_&_Alicia Written Aug 28, 2010

After reading another positive review on VT we went to the Cafe Terrace in the pretty Dinan port and found the food good and the service excellent.
    We were spoiled with the menu being in French and English and all the staff spoke good English too which make things a little easier sometimes. Attentitive service too.

Mains were fine with the pork being a standout and desserts very good indeed.

Combining the pretty location with good service and food makes this place a winner.

Favorite Dish: The Pork main meal in the Meal du Jour was very tasty, lovely subtle mustard sauce.

• Creperie du Port: Rip-off, don't go

by victoriapat Written Jan 27, 2010

We ordered 'special' Warm wine and crepe with sugar at 4.20 per person. Going off this special menu and asking for lemon bumped the price up from 8.40 Euros for 2 to a whopping great 13 .80 - so 5.40 euros charged for lemon.
    We will not be returning.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Cycling

• chrissyms's Profile Photo

Cosy Grill: Know what you are ordering

by chrissyms Written Jan 6, 2010

The name cosy gives a clue. This is a small clean and friendly restaurant. Beer choice was poor but the choice of wine was very good. The tartines and salads I am told by the other seven members of our party were excellent. Be sure what you are ordering and don't presume like me. I ordered andouillette, which I thought was a pork sausage. The first portion I ate, caused me to comment it was an aquired taste and made me worry about the size of the beast on my plate. There was a distinct aroma that ought not to be on a dinner plate. As I continued with my task further into the sausage I grew concerned as to the texture of the morsals inside. I have no doubt that these were from a pig but what parts gave me concern. Alas three quarters of the way through I had to give up and failed for the first time in a very long time to finish a meal. I offered the remaining piece to the rest of my party but no fool came forward. It was pointed out to me later in the evening after surfing the net that the said sausage was made from intestines and other offal. Be warned. I take all the blame myself the restaurant was fine and would go back, but would take a dictionary with me next time.

Favorite Dish: Not andouillette

• La Lycorne: A place to walk past - Tested July 11,2009

by toukenn22 Updated Jul 18, 2009

No longer glorious nor delicious.
    Grilled steak (entrecôte grillée) with fries and bearnaise sauce served... cold because presented on a cold plate (13€) - Fricassee St Jacques or scallops - about 6 small ones (frozen because out of season) with rice (15,90€) - A pound of ordinary mussels, NOT the AOC bouchot mussels from the Mont-St-Michel nearby, served with fries in a bowl, cold again (12,50€). Desserts, sweets and puddings all over 5€ per person and 1/2L PICHET of rosé wine (grenache) charged 8,60€.
    No wonder customers are scarce and most tables unoccupied.

• Architecture

• froggy06's Profile Photo

Chez La Mere Pourcel: Don't miss the casseroles!

by froggy06 Written Oct 17, 2008

Chez La Mere Pourcel - timber framed building

This restaurant was founded in 1927 and is still doing very well. I tried this restaurant a week day and it was hard to get a table without booking it.Their speciality are the casseroles so you have to try one of them!
    Lovely atmosphere with the deco and excellent service.

• ryuhome's Profile Photo

La Lycorne (The Unicorn): Moules & Noir St. Jacques

by ryuhome Updated Nov 29, 2006

La Lycorne

They are supposedly known for their mussels (thus the name Moulerie), unfortunately the season was over (Thanksgiving) when we visited. However the scallop season is just started. Most of there dishes have scallops and they were all yummm.

Favorite Dish: Noir St. Jacques, aka scallops.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

La Lycorne: fabulous mussels!

by sue_stone Written Jul 24, 2006

Chris cooking her scampi

Our second night in Dinan found us back in the same location as our first night's meal, but across the road at La Lycorne (the Unicorn). Having spied it the previous night I thought it looked like the perfect place for a meal.

La Lycorne specialises in mussels cooked 22 ways, and also Pierrades, which is a serve of meat/seafood/vegetables/ that you cook on a hot stone at your table.

The restaurant was warm and inviting and service was with a smile. We relaxed with a pre-dinner drink while we tried to decide what to order from the varied menu.

Favorite Dish: In the end I couldn't go past the mussels, and although there were many interesting ways you could have them, I opted for the mainstream 'moules a la crème'. Served with fries this one delicious meal.

Chris was feeling brave and ordered the Pierrades with Scampi, which she cooked at the table on a hot stone. Alex has some amazing scallops with risotto, which he really enjoyed. A cold, crisp bottle of white wine completed the meal.

Dessert for Chris was the Chocolate Mousse and Alex and I shared a Crème Brulee.

We had a great meal at La Lycorne and I would highly recommend those mussels!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Creperie Ahna: Galettes!

by sue_stone Written Jul 24, 2006

our galettes

On our first night in Dinan we didn't want to eat too big a meal, as we had already had a huge lunch that day. We decided that a crepe or galette (savoury buckwheat pancake) would be ideal, so headed for Creperie Ahna, which I had read good things about.

Creperie Ahna is a very bright and welcoming restaurant located close to place des Merciers. It was very busy when we arrived, but after a 3 minute wait a table became available for us by the window. Our waiter was very charming, chatting with Alex about the football and flirting with me a little ; )

Alex and Chris had an aperitif (which we were never charged for!) while we looked at the menu and drooled over the meals being delivered around us.

Favorite Dish: The food was really tasty. I had the Galette Complete, which was with ham, egg & cheese, and added some tomato. Alex & Chris has the Galette Ahna (the house speciality) which was with slices of duck in a garlic butter sauce. All very nice with lovely quality ingredients.

Although we weren't hungry, the desserts looked too good to miss, so we didn't. Chris had a couple of scoops of ice cream, I had the Toffee Crepe with vanilla ice cream and Alex had the Chocolate Flambé crepe with Grand Marnier, which they lit at the table.

A bottle of red Bordeaux and some coffees, and we were fully to the brim and wishing that our hotel was a little further away so we could try and walk some food off before bed!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Creperie du Port - Dinan: Not fancy but really good

by rexvaughan Written Oct 27, 2004

Great crepes

This little creperie is on the main street through the port area. The day we were there was a beautiful sunny but cool day so we had our crepes on the sidewalk. We were about the only ones there, but it was October and we didn't see many other tourists anywhere in Dinan.

Favorite Dish: My crepe had goat cheese, honey, lettuce, tomatoe, apple and bacon and it was truly delicious.

Instant Answers: Dinan

Comments

Dinan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dinan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dinan sightseeing.