Le Conquet Travel Guide

Le Conquet Things to Do

• Light house and Fort

From "Les Blancs Sablons" looking west towards the open Atlantic (actually the English Channel), you can see the Lighthouse. This picture taken close to night fall. In 1999 I could have visited the fort and lighthouse but it was too late in the evening. The next day, my cousin showed me other locations in Bretagne.

• Site naturel protege

This is a protected site and is directly across the street from where my cousin lives. There is a grassy expanse to a 20-30 foot drop off to a beach. Even though I was with my cousin two days, I really felt like part of the family and look forward when I can visit them again.

• Photogenic peninsula

On the other side of the harbour is the peninsula of Kermorvan. This extremely photogenic peninsula is a favourite of local people for a week-end walk.See the travelogue for a virtual tour.

Le Conquet Restaurants

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Written Aug 13, 2007

The restaurant still seems to exist but more than confirmation of the address via the internet, I could not find.

Favorite Dish: 2 menu dinners, 3 drinks, 2 coffees and one digestif amounted to 217 FF would currently be 33 EUR. Not bad, even in 1991 !

Le Conquet Transportation

• bzh's Profile Photo

by bzh Written Mar 15, 2003

Le Conquet is where you can board a boat to go and visit the isands of Molène and Ouessant (Ushant). The two islands lie a few miles off the coast and are known for their beauty and treacherous waters. Molène is the smaller and more populated of the two. Ouessant is the larger and wilder one. They are both worth a day trip.

• Eco-Tourism

Le Conquet Local Customs

• Traditional Bretonne Kindness and...

When we arrived at the lodgings, there was this board welcoming us and telling us that the rooms are upstairs and the middle one. and wishing us a nice stay and that breakfast would be available after 8 am. I dont think I ever saw the owners of the place and everyone trusts every one else, no one asks for receipt or cash or credit cards. Nice to...

• Traditional Bretonne Kindness and...

• Le Conquet Hotels

0 Hotels in Le Conquet

Le Conquet Warnings and Dangers

• bzh's Profile Photo
    Contrary tidal currents meeting

by bzh Written Mar 15, 2003

Be extremely careful with the tide and waves around Le Conquet. They can generate very strong currents that would endanger even good swimmers. This is particularly true of the area around the Kermorvan peninsula, especially around the islet where the fortress is.

• Beaches

Le Conquet Sports & Outdoors

• Fishing in Bretagne and Normandie

All along the coasts of Bretagne (Brittany) and Normandie there are many inlets and natural harbors. Most residents own their own boat and rent them for fishing excursions.

• Windsurfing spot

The Blanc Sablons (litterally white sands) beach, just North of Le Conquet is a good windsurfing spot, when the wind is right. When the wind is not fit for windsurfers, it is a superb beach of the whitest sand.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Le Conquet? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Le Conquet Favorites

• Fishing boats

Fishing boats come in all shapes and sizes and are a majority in the harbour, reminding you that this is a real fishing harbour, not a marina.

• High tide

The harbour at high tide looks completely different than it does at low tide. Suddenly water is everywhere and boats look like boats again.

• Unusual architecture

Some of the architecture in the harbour is rather unusual and worth a second look. For instance, this corner tower on a house just above the water.

Instant Answers: Le Conquet

Comments

Explore Deeper into Le Conquet
Map of Le Conquet