Léhon Things to Do
4 more images
The oldest part of the village of Lehon leads down to the old bridge via the "rue du Bourg". Of course the chateau dates from the 12th c. and the church around the 18th but this was the part first inhabitated by first the Celtes then the Romans and Gaulois until around the 6th c. when the Bretons arrived. But Lehon became firmly established here in 850 AD when 6 Welsh monks followed the Rance down and created the first Abbey.
The first wooden bridge was established by the Romans and further by the same monks in the 7th c., then rebuilt in stone 15 centuries later. The present bridge is the same ancient one although the central span has been demolished, first during the Revolution, rebuilt and redemolished in the 1800's, rebuilt in 1925, only for the Germans to redemolish it in 1944 to slow down the advancing Allied armies.