Quemper-Guézennec Travel Guide

by alza

Quemper-Guézennec Restaurants

• alza's Profile Photo

by alza Updated Mar 6, 2011

I stopped here years ago on the way from the Côtes d'Armor Department (Perros-Guirec, les Sept Iles, etc.) across Brittany south to Quiberon in the Morbihan Department for a stay.

This Crêperie (also a bed & breakfast) is not a major or Must See destination. I simply enjoyed my halt there and remembered it when I started writing tips on VT. I'm updating the tip after checking most recent information about the Crêperie de Kerpuns. Actually, it's a pleasant surprise to find that the place is still running.

The place is called Ferme Auberge Crêperie de Kerpuns (Farm, Inn, Crêperie), chez Jeanne et Joseph. It's managed by the Le Marlec Family.

I've been to Brittany a few times during the '80s and '90s and noticed each time that farm-inns were becoming quite popular. I think it was a local, heartfelt response to the increasing number of fast-foods serving food called La Malbouffe (Bad Food.) These farms remind me of Agriturismo places in Italy (to give you an idea.)

The photo is just a typical Breton street, taken in the Finistère region and placed here for colour. It's from the village of Locronan, built on the site of an old pagan cult and now one of the most beautiful villages of France (worth the visit.)

Favorite Dish: Excellent fresh cider -- une bolée de cidre! and a delicious galette.

Bolée in French is the contents of a bowl AND the way they call a serving of cider in Brittany. It doesn't mean you'll be drinking from a bowl... I'm not an expert on cider but I think a bolée de cidre means that the cider is fresh.

They made Galettes (savoury crêpes) and crêpes sucrées (sweet crêpes), all really delicious. I hardly ever found such good crêpes elsewhere, except for a crêperie in La Rochelle (walnut and Roquefort crêpe, my all-time favourite.)

Somewhere in Brittany

Instant Answers: Quemper-Guézennec

Comments

Quemper-Guézennec Travel Guide
Map of Quemper-Guézennec