Saint-Malo Restaurants

side Sanchez glacier
    Créperie des Bés

Most Recent Restaurants in Saint-Malo

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

A la duchesse anne: Good food too!

by ilovespain Written May 2, 2007

I had half a dozen of oysters to start, fish soup to follow. And for the main course, I had a grilled sole with white butter. The owner seems to be this sweet 80-year-old who speaks no word of English. Overall it was a pleasant dining experience.

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Glacier le Sanchez: Great coffee

by Kate-Me Updated Aug 8, 2006

After trying out several cafes in the Intra Muros of St Malo, my husband (the connoisseur) voted this one as having the best coffee he'd come across. They also sold small local pastries at very reasonable prices for the Old Town.
    We didn't get to try out their ice cream as there was a queue of about 20 outside when we passed by the second time. So many flavours to choose from!

Favorite Dish: the coffee, because it was nice and strong and very much to my husband's liking.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Glacier Sanchez: ice cream

by sue_stone Written Jul 25, 2006

Glacier Sanchez

During our visit to sunny St-Malo I decided that it would be fitting to indulge in a sweet treat, and when I came across Glacier Sanchez it seemed like fate ; )

Located in the heart of St-Malo's old town, Glacier Sanchez has way too many ice cream flavours to choose from! All the usual suspects and then some.

Favorite Dish: I had a cup with two scoops - coffee and hazelnut flavours. The ice cream was nice and creamy and the portion size was generous. Ok, it wasn't as delicious as Italian gelato, but it certainly hit the spot.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Hotel Restaurant Pointe du Grouin: Fresh seafood with a view to die for.

by Beausoleil Written Sep 6, 2005

Shore at Pointe du Grouin

The seafood is incredibly fresh and delicious. However, the view is so spectacular and the area so peaceful that I would eat there even if the food wasn't good. Fortunately, it is good.

On a clear day you can see across the Bay of Mont St. Michel and see the abbey perched on its mountain in the hazy distance. There are also walking trails and flower guides . . . or you can just enjoy the peaceful ocean.

Favorite Dish: Seafood . . . any seafood.

• Beaches

• KingOfTalossa's Profile Photo

Timothy -- the best creperie in Saint Malo: Galettes to die for!

by KingOfTalossa Written May 24, 2005

Ben & Amy eat galettes at the Timothy

Before visiting Brittany my wife and I read up on galettes, the local crispy, buckwheat pancakes. Our first meal in Saint Malo was at the Timothy. My galettes were fixed with scallops and a delicious (but not otherwise identifiable) grey sauce. My wife's were made with bacon and spinach. They were WONDERFUL. So much so that we went back the next day to the same restaurant for more.

Favorite Dish: The Timothy has at least 40 different varieties of galettes. It's hard to know where to start. All the better if consumed with the local hard cider -- if you can, buy Val de Rance, it is far and away the best.

Le Lion d'or: Great Sandwiches

by rexvaughan Written Oct 28, 2004

This is one of many restaurants in the Intra-muros and does a lot of business. It is not overly large, but has a large terrace which was covered against the cool rain and was quite pleasant. While there were a number of tourists there, the food was quite good.

Favorite Dish: We started out to have a light meal started with a kir for my wife and a pastis for me. Then on to Croques which were accompanied by a small but delicious salad topped with nuts, sunflower seeds and a nice and light balsamic vinegarette. The "light" went out the window with dessert. My wife had rhum raisin ice cream and I had a Normandie apple pie topped with whipped cream. Since we were so near Normandy and Calvados, I had apple tart, pie, etc. four days in a row. This one did not disappoint. All the food was delicious and beautifully presented.

Les Embruns Restaurant: Seafood and more

by rexvaughan Written Oct 28, 2004

This restaurant was just across from our hotel and recommended by them. It did not disappoint us. It is larger than it looks from the street as there is a back room. It is well decorated and seems to specialize in sea food (it is about 100 yards from the bay). Not being great sea food lovers, we made other choices. It is pleasantly decorated and the staff was courteous and spoke English.

Favorite Dish: I did try the fish soup which was quite delicious. We both had "filet mignon de porc au miel et a d'ail" - pork tenderloin with honey and garlic and found it tender and tasty. It was accompanied by sauted potatoes, tomato and mussels. The desserts were equally good - a rich apple fondant with carmel and butter sauce and a "glace" of ice cream on sponge cake with Grand Marnier. We left stuffed and satisfied. The only thing we did not like was the wine (in France, no less). Not wanting a whole bottle, I ordered the only split on the menu - a Cotes du Rhone. The waitress went next door to get it so I think it was a cheap one they seldom sell.

Restaurant le Ty-Coz: Tiny but wonderful

by rexvaughan Written Oct 26, 2004

This is a charming little restaurant we happened into because it was just down the street from our hotel. I thought it was a lovely place, but the next day it was closed apparently for remodeling as the flooring had been partially removed. I don't think it was going out of business. I hope not because it was a great dinner.

Favorite Dish: Both of us had meals we thought were outstanding: a Kir aperitif with a small plate of olives and quiche with fish; my wife had a lovely salad and I had pate for starters and both were delicious. Entrees were grilled tuna and duck leg, both well prepared and appetizing. Finished with coffee and creme brulee and an apple tart with ice cream. All for about $30 each including 2 glasses of wine with dinner.

• Goner's Profile Photo

Crêperies: Not Your Regular Crepes

by Goner Updated May 16, 2004

St. Malo Street

I had read in a guidebook that Crepes and Hard Cider were the local staples in Brittany, so of course I must always try the local cusine. We ordered the regular cider, not all that exciting, but there were other types that might be tastier.

Since I wasn't an avid VTR at the time, I didn't make note of the addresses of the local eateries, but just look for a crepiere sign, they are everywhere.

Favorite Dish: The salt crepes are filled with meat and vegetable and pinched together at the top to make a package. The combination was very good, the rather bland salty crepe complements the filling.

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

Le Bistro de Jean: Good dinner here.

by ilovespain Written May 2, 2007

As usual I was their first customer when they opened the door for the evening. Hmm, the foie gras was good. So was the grilled sole. Let me show you the pics..........

Instant Answers: Saint-Malo

Comments

Saint-Malo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint-Malo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint-Malo sightseeing.