Trévignon Travel Guide

• Lifeboat station and the
    Lifeboat station and the "Scottish"...
  • Things to Do
  • Things to Do

Trévignon Things to Do

by ranger49 Updated Jan 3, 2010

There are miles and miles of unspoilt coastline waiting to be explored - all within a few miles of Trévignon Point and the town of Trégunc.
    For more serious walkers the coastal path provides a relatively easy passage in beautiful scenery, sometines leading a little way in land to follow a path through the woods behind the protected dunes.
    The coast attracts many birds including my favourte cormorants. We met many solitary walkers,, shell seekers and bird watchers and a few bathers - it was October, still warm but some of the bathers were wearing wetsuits so I guess the water was cooler.

by ranger49 Updated Jan 2, 2010

Trévignon Point is about 4 miles south of Trégunc. It is the sort of place children love and always remember.
    It has everything that make for a perfect family holiday; safe sandy beaches, rock pools, and great rocks for climbing. There are boats and fishermen, and lots of grass for picnics and games.
    Plenty of cafes for ice creams - or something more substantial.
    There is a a little lighthouse and lifeboat station, and a pretendy castle but you are not allowed in it.
    I could imagine the fun and mysterious games that our imaginative grandchildren would create in a place like this - and really wished they were with us on this trip.

Lifeboat station and the Remembering those lost at sea A safe haven The Giant rocks The climbing rocks.

• Trévignon Hotels

0 Hotels in Trévignon

Trévignon Restaurants

by ranger49 Updated Jan 2, 2010

We visited in the second week of October, during the mid-afternoon.
    Only one of the restaurant/cafes was open, and as we had had lunch in Trégunc we did not try anything except a coffee there.
    But I imagine that in high season you would be able to get perfectly acceptable meals at any of these establishments.

Trévignon Warnings and Dangers

by ranger49 Updated Jan 2, 2010

If you take a walk down the path towards the faux castle be careful if you walk in the grassy dunes near the rock pools on the left of the path, just before he castle gates.
    Several thin, long brown snakes almost slithered, in quick succession, across my feet . It is so long since I last saw an adder or grass snake that I was not sure......
    A French woman who was nearby assured me they were "harmless vipers" - but they can give you a bit of a surprise!

Instant Answers: Trévignon

Comments

Trévignon Travel Guide
Map of Trévignon