Chambord Tourist Traps

You need time to see that (roof)
    by vinc_bilb
  • Tourist Traps
    by Jontxu

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Chambord

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo

Quantity or Quality? Contacts list

by vinc_bilb Updated Sep 4, 2009

You need time to see that (roof)

Not really a trap but I saw some tourists making a very short visit of the castle, shooting some photo's, going to the souvenir shops and ... moving to the next castle.
    It's not a race and I recommend to stay enough time in Chambord (one half day typically for the castle, the same for the parc+village+...).
    It's a pity in my view to make the visit as short as possible, missing the essential master pieces of this site.

Unique Suggestions: Select less castles and forecast your visits (personnaly, we did that even if organized by ourself: only Chambord and Chenonceau in 2 days)

Fun Alternatives: - Don't select operators for the "Loire valley castles tour" proposing to visit 8 castles in 2 days... (I'm slightly kidding)
    - If you are running in limited time, select the conducted tour with a guide (see my general tip for more details)

Supports for pre-selection:
    castles of the Loire valley
    Offical tourism information center of Blois(english): which proposes also some "packages" and could inform or advise you efficiently

A recommended tour operator (according to Chambord staff members) is
    Val de Loire prestige

• Architecture
    • Castles and Palaces

• Jontxu's Profile Photo

Inside the castle...

by Jontxu Written Jun 21, 2007

After spending 6 days driving along the Loyre Valley and visiting some of it´s amazing castles, and sleeping in some of them, experience we will not forget so easily, we arrived at Chambord, the park is amazing, the castle from outside also, we walked around and have a very nice time... untill we went in the castle, there is nothing to see appart from the famous double spiral staircase, nice and very original, but not for 10 euros, what I think it´s a robbery!!
    Don´t miss the castle, go, walk, enjoy the day... but think if the having a look of a staircase costs 10€, I think that there are much nicer castles inside than Chambord, and no very far from there, like Cheverny or Chenonceau.

Instant Answers: Chambord

Comments

Chambord Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Chambord tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chambord sightseeing.