Tours Local Customs

• hquittner's Profile Photo

Bagpipes

by hquittner Written Mar 7, 2009

Bagpiper

Outside the Cathedral as we emerged , we encountered the sound of a doleful bagpipe droning away as a memorial group assembled to enter the church for a special service. (Bagpipes on solemn occasions seem to show up all over the world).

• Seniors

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Swallowing fire ...

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Nov 11, 2006

Tours - A man swallowed of fire

A man swallowed fire and entertained tourists at the square.
    I don't know, whether it is a local custom, or a man swallowing fire is simply a guest performer. However I have seen such a show for the first time.

• Festivals

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Red Wine

by Sharrie Updated Jun 7, 2003

This is the Loire Valley & nowhere in France can you find more Red Wine than here. I'm no expert on wines since I'm allergic to alcohol but I did see lots of wine on sale everywhere in Tours. & mind you, they are dirt cheap, some even cheaper than chocolates!

So far, I only saw bottles in the range of Euro 3-30. I did buy a bottle for my dad but it was in Paris that I bought it. Highly recommended by Guyon are those labels from St. Julien, St. Estephe & Pomerol. The one I bought costs Euro 75 (duty free).

• fabrice's Profile Photo

my mother has lived 1 year in...

by fabrice Written Aug 24, 2002

my mother has lived 1 year in blois(loir-et-cher),see the strange stairs of its castle on the picture and 1 year in romorantin-lanthenay(loir-et-cher);we used to come with my wife to visit her,and these 2 cities seemed so peaceful compared to paris!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

A different kind of melon

by Sharrie Updated Jun 7, 2003

They are melons but I'm not sure what they are called. Unlike any I've seen in the States, Canada or Australia.

Just something new :-)

Instant Answers: Tours

Comments

Tours Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Tours local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tours sightseeing.