Unique Places in Tours

Most Viewed Off The Beaten Path in Tours

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

French Countryside!

by lmkluque Updated Aug 23, 2012

Visit Noyant if you want to experience small town living. I think it was considered a market town and though it was small, it was charming in a countryside way. A slower, quiet living type of community from what I saw.

It took about a half hour to drive from Tours, so would make a nice daytrip. The castle at Saumur is along the way and I was surprised to see so many chateaux around Noyant. There are many old houses, churches to see as well.

• Adventure Travel
    • Castles and Palaces

• adawn412's Profile Photo

Internet!

by adawn412 Written Oct 27, 2005

My first day in Tours I was directed to a rather scary internet establishment (see my dangers and warnings), On the second day I asked for places in the tourism office and they gave me two but when I passed one of those off of Rue Lavoisier the tariffs were not so good. However just a bit later, I was just strolling down the street and came to CyberGate, a delightful little internet place that I think specializes mainly in gaming and things like that--but it suited my communication needs very well. And was a great deal--an hour of computer time was about 2.50 euros and the people who worked there were very friendly and helpful. It is located right off of Rue Commerce on Rue du Pt.Merville, it's just south of the Museum of Natural History with a big blue and yellow sign that is hard to miss :) It is very near Place Plumereau....just east of.

• Singles

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Relais Saint Eloi
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Tours

Comments

Tours Off The Beaten Path

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Tours locals.
Map of Tours