Tours Restaurants

Continental Pub
    by alectrevor
    La Bekaa
    by d_d
    Spinach crepes are the best
    by yooperprof

Most Recent Restaurants in Tours

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Le Boeuf sur la Place: A Local Favorite

by lmkluque Updated Aug 23, 2012

This small restaruant is on the old town square of Tours. It is not far from the Language University and the clientele seemed to be "regulars" and mainly from the academic community.

Entering, my friend seemed to have serveral friends seated at some of the tables and we stopped to say, "Hello!" This caused me to feel a bit intimidated as it seemed to me at the time that the French were rather critical of the table manners of foreigners. I didn't want to embarrass my friend by doing something dumb.

To compound things, we were seated at a table that was raised in the center of the room. A view for all. We ordered a steak, French style and while waiting for the wine to be served, my friend dropped his knife! I was so happy that I had to thank him for "breaking the ice." He didn't understand until I explained. The rest of the meal was spent in a relaxed atmosphere.

I had a wonderful time.

Favorite Dish: It seems that the owner of this restauarnt had been a butcher, which explains the good quality and flavor of the steak. I also enjoyed the wine even though I had to order white. (I'm allergic to red wines.) Still, no one seemed to notice, even the waiter.

• Wine Tasting
    • Business Travel

• TygerLyn's Profile Photo

L'Arche de Meslay: Best restaraunt in France

by TygerLyn Written Feb 24, 2012

Classical, you can see Ludovic and his fellow chefs cooking from the restaraunt, spotlessly clean. Light and airy wth classical greek coloumns inside and out.

Although set in the middle of a group of very cheap overnight hotels this place has class. Spotless table linen, all staff in black and whte, it is excellent.

First night, husband had carpaccio, which he drooled over. I had smoked salmon tha dill dressing. Then he had veal and I had more fish. All of it was delicous. We could not believe our luck!

Favorite Dish: Never had a bad one so hard to tell. Each was mouth watering.

• Suet's Profile Photo

Le Cheval Blanc: Excellent French Food

by Suet Updated Apr 4, 2011

Blere has a gourmet restaurant called Le Cheval Blanc tel 02 47 30 30 14 which serves marvellous food and of course the local Val de Loire wines. Last meal there was two menus at 30 euros each and a bottle of Chenonceaux rouge at 20 euros.......... nice wine!!!! Well worth visiting.

I am afraid I don't have any pictures, I bought my digital after I left France, but the website below gives you excellent pictures and a good idea of the place.

Favorite Dish: The desserts of course! marvellous desserts like works of art, beautifully presented and tasting delicious. I had a strawberry tart which melted in the mouth.

It cannot be stressed enough...... the wines from this region are really worth having. The Touraines, the Sancerres, the Chinons. I had the happy chance of having a Carrefour near the Railway Station St Pierre des Corps which had a HUGE wine aisle of the local produce. A Sancerre at around 2.50 GBP??? I was in heaven.

• Wine Tasting

• tiabunna's Profile Photo

Bistro 64: An enjoyable jazz bar

by tiabunna Written Jun 21, 2006

Bistro 64 jazzbar

As I wandered around the old town part of Tours, I heard some very pleasant jazz music wafting by: I looked around and found the source where, heavens be praised, cold beer also was on offer. It was too much to pass, I just had to stop for a drink, enjoy the music, and watch the passers by. And very pleasant it all was, too.

It was mid-afternoon and I stopped only for a beer, so the food must remain a mystery, but Bistro 64 was very enjoyable. It probably kicks on somewhat more in the evenings, so maybe this should go under the heading of ‘nightlife’. No, that bewhiskered bloke in the main photo is not me!

• Beer Tasting

• Suet's Profile Photo

L'Emeraude: Steack Frites!!!

by Suet Updated Jun 8, 2006

This cafe is situated right at the heart of Blere, in the Place d'Eglise, the town square. It is next to the boulangerie where I bought my bread every day and also a newspaper to do the crossword and have lunch.

It is VERY local, you got to know people, but also a favourite spot for tourists. The food was simple but tasty and well prepared. The house wine was yummy *trust a Frenchman to only buy the best for his restaurant!!!!*

It's one of those places where you come away thinking: that was a GOOD choice, I'll go back again.

We had a disaster with out little red Renault, the clutch cable snapped and we had guests, so having made a dinner reservation at Le Cheval Blanc, we arrived by taxi. After dinner we had no means to get back home so I trotted off to le Patron at L'Emeraude who obligingly called a taxi for me and didnt even charge me for the phone call! He is one of the good guys.... say hi to him from me please :)

Favorite Dish: I loved the seafood. I used to favour the mixed *fruits des mer*, a platter with a small salad and the usual basket of bread. Did the trick just nicely, thank you. A chilled glass of Sancerre and I was one happy lapin.

• TravelerM's Profile Photo

I dunno...:o(: Superb Pastries!!!

by TravelerM Written Jul 5, 2003

I went to this bakery twice and both time I was very satisfied. I actually went there three times, but the last time it was closed. The pastries were soooo good to pass. Not only the tarts looked pretty they also tasted wonderful!! My lemon tart still tasted nice and cruchy even it was placed overnight. I miss them soooo much!!!!

• d_d's Profile Photo

Bar Arsene: Italian spoken!?

Bar Arsene

Bar Arsene is a local restaurant, but you can have also pizza (i don't know how it is, cause I eat pizza only in Italy....).
    Very good meat and salad dishes.
    Nobody speaks English, but they can speak Spanish and Italian (in a fluent way).

• d_d's Profile Photo

Le petit patrimoine: A local restaurant

Le petit patrimoine

Le petit patrimoine is a really nice restaurant with local kitchen.
    The owners are very nice and, as wirtten on menu's pages, they try to speak English.
    I had a big salad with meat, vegetables, apples.... and a creme brule! Big dishes and quite cheap prices.
    I'd like to come back.
    Once again in rue Colbert!

La Bekaa: Lebanese's food

La Bekaa

La bekaa is a Lebanese restaurant, located in rue Colbert (a nice street with many restaurants of different types).
    The waiter talks a bit of English (not so common in Tours).
    At La bekaa, I had my most expensive dinner (18 EUR), anyway I had too much food....
    The meat is very good.

Vietnamese Cuisine

by Sharrie Updated Jun 1, 2003

I was dying for Asian food after 12 days in Greece. Well, Ivan did buy a sashimi dinner but I was still hungry ;-) So, happened to find this Vietnamese restaurant near to my hotel & the train station. & the Vietnamese Spring Roll as well! Geez, I missed that since my last one... probably more than half year ago in Toronto. So, regardless of the price, I had to have one at least! Actually, I had a few more, lol... the price for each is Euro 3.50. You can have a choice of shrimp or beef filling. I tried both & they are as good!

Le Baron: Rabbit!

by Sharrie Updated May 29, 2003

Favorite Dish: This is a set menu. There's a choice of fish or rabbit. I had never tried the latter, so I picked that. Afterall, if they are going to be well prepared, it's got to be in France, I figured. Turned out to be very good!

Le Baron: French Appetiser

by Sharrie Updated May 29, 2003

Great ambience. Friendly staff & great service. Speaks English (most importantly, lol...). Food is excellent. Just had a very wonderful time here with a new friend :-)

Favorite Dish: I forgot to copy the name down. This is what it looks like. Anyhow, the menu changes daily.

French Bread

by Sharrie Updated Jun 1, 2003

What's France without the French bread, right? I tried a couple of sandwiches there & found most of them to be great regardless of the outlet. If they look good, then they are good! Easy as that!

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Tours

Comments

Tours Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tours restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tours sightseeing.