Been here? Rate It!
Place du Forum & le Cryptoportique Gallo-Romain
What was once the Roman Forum of Durocortorum (Roman Reims), remained a square full of commercial activity to the present day. Below ground level at the centre of the square is an archaeological site, le Cryptoportique Gallo-Romain, consisting of a 3rd century AD arched gallery that served as a granary during Gallo-Roman times. It is one of a few vestiges remaining from the Gallo-Roman period. The Cryptoportique is open to the public, but only in summer months, and has a small exhibit of objects found on site. Unfortunately, when I visited in November 2010, it was closed for the season.
- Museum Visits
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Reims Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Trinidad Hotels
- Durham Town Hotels
- Greater Accra Region
- San Clemente Hotels
- Batangas City
- Lake Taghkanic State Park Hotels