SNCM ferry .
I travelled on SNCM ferry from Bastia to Marseille in march 2008 , the timetable was 18.30 hrs to 06,30 hrs, it took 2 hours more because of bad weather,but the ship is very stable. There a cafe, restaurant , and bars. My cabin had facilities and tv, i watched the euro football match. Corsica Ferries also go to Toulon, Nice , Savone, and Livourne.
Airport to Bastia City
Bus from Airport to Bastia City is 4 euro/person
The driving takes 20-25 min, depends on the traffic.
Remember, the bus leaves sometimes before schedule. They leave 5 or 10 minutes earlier than the schedules on the board. So, be before time
- Budget Travel
There are so many car rental company in Bastia (Hertz, Europcar, Avis etc etc). There are also some garage rental car company which is less price.
Those the car rental companies 'with name' offer 96euro per day (the cheapest one)
Taxis to and from Bastia Airport.
Having now returned from a wonderful sunny fortnight in Corsica, I can offer the following Useful Tips about Taxi Transportation to and from Bastia Airport.
(1) If you contact the official Taxi Company based at the airport, www.corsica-taxis.com to reserve a taxi, do not expect them to take any action whatsoever!! I reserved a taxi by means of e-mail, having been given a fixed price of Euros 120.00 each way for my journey, reminded them the day before of my arrival time . . . . and nobody from the firm met me in the Arrivals Hall.
Once outside I spoke to the Taxi Drivers, who all claimed no knowledge of my booking - but they agreed to take us to our destination at the quoted price (the equivalent in sterling of GBP 102.00 - - - much less than the GBP 154.56 per leg finally quoted by Easyjet's taxi-finder partner company www.holidaytaxis.com!)
(2) For the return journey to the airport ask your Holiday Accommodation Receptionist to find a local taxi firm. They will pick you up at a guaranteed time and they will charge you the metered rate for the distance involved . . . so the charge will match the cost of the outgoing journey.
(3) Try to avoid travelling to and from Bastia on a Sunday, when the taxi fares are much higher than on other days. This is difficult when all the seasonal flights from the U.K. are on Sundays - - - but there are low cost flights from Brussels on Wednesdays and Saturdays run by www.jetairfly.com , a subsidiary company of Tui Travel.
- Budget Travel
Narrow Gauge railway
Corsican railways are being upgraded, and new modern trains due, but in away the romance of Corsican railways may disappear when you see the old fashioned carriages parked up in the rail yard.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!