Giverny Restaurants

• kathymof's Profile Photo

La Musardiere: Do not try to eat here

by kathymof Updated Apr 4, 2011

Argh!

Well I can't give an opinion on the food as we never managed to get served. We were there for over an hour and politely asked for service several times in both English and French (one person with us had native speaker fluency) and the staff always seemed like they would help but the most we ever got was a menu. We left without as much as getting a glass of water. It was ridiculous

Favorite Dish: what dish?

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo

A Bonne Etable: Good French farm fare

by TimDaoust Written Jan 5, 2008

The restaurant

Some locals we met at the bus stop told us about this place and we followed them there. It's a very homely kind of place, an old farm turned restaurant. There was an hors d'hoeuvres buffet inside and I had the steak au poivre which was amazing. All of it inexpensive as well.

• Kettleman's Profile Photo

Art Museum Restaurant: Lunch?

by Kettleman Written May 8, 2007

The restaurant is just inside the entrance to the Museum of American Art by the shop. It serves full meals or you can sit in the terrace or int he garden and simply have a coffee.

Favorite Dish: On;y had coffee, but the menu looked very smart.

• Kettleman's Profile Photo

Did it have one?: Sandwich or Hot Dog

by Kettleman Written May 8, 2007

After a walk around the gardens it is nice to have a sit down and a snack for lunch. Opposite the main entrance to the Monet House & Gardens is a little window next to the flower shop selling simple snacks, sandwiches and hotdogs and a drink.

The Parisian (cheese and ham) hits the spot when breakfast was 5 hours before!

• kathymof's Profile Photo

Restaurant Mussee Baudy: But eat here

by kathymof Updated Jul 17, 2005

Very nice dinner; reasonably priced and good service; one of the only places open at night. Very different from my other eating experiences in Giverny - read my other restaurant tip

Favorite Dish: We all had good food

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Les Amis de Monet: Vernon - Wait for the train with a glass of wine

by rexvaughan Written Nov 16, 2004

Les Amis de Monet

This is a charming and convenient brasserie just across from the train station. We did not actually eat here, but had a drink while waiting for the train back to Paris. It is a good place to meet other travelers while you sip your wine or espresso. We me a lady and her two daughters from Denmark. I almost had them convinced that Ted Turner had bought Tara (Scarlett's home in "Gone With the Wind") but my wife ratted me out.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

La Nympheas: Try the apple cider and apple brandy

by rexvaughan Written Nov 16, 2004

Las Nympheas entry

Las Nympheas is next to the gardens and is a great place to stop for lunch before or after a visit there. There is a small terrace room with a glass wall so that even in cool weather you can be almost outside. It has a lovely garden in front.

Favorite Dish: Since this is in or near Calvados you should try things made from the local apples. We had cider with lunch - it is slightly sweet, but very light and tasty. Calvados is also an apple brandy so I had a Normandy apple tart with Calvados poured over it. It as well as my salad and quiche were delicious.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Les Nympheaus: Garden Restaurant in Giverny

by Roadquill Written Nov 2, 2005

On the patio

The outside patio was very comfortable and the salads were excellent as well as filing. The service could have been a bit faster and the waiters were, well they were French. nuff said.

Instant Answers: Giverny

Comments

Giverny Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Giverny restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Giverny sightseeing.