Le Havre Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Le Havre

• Ricky_globetrotter's Profile Photo

Driving Culture

by Ricky_globetrotter Written May 18, 2007

I was truely amazed by how each and every driver actually came to a full stop to let the pedestrians cross the streets!! Even after asking them to move on, they insisted on me crossing first. And as I said, this didn't happen with just one or two drivers but with each and everyone. Really liked this thing.

• aemilys's Profile Photo

Friendliness

by aemilys Updated Dec 21, 2005

I guess this just stands out to me because I have grown so accustomed to Parisian indifference but these people are friendly (at least in the off season). Drivers actually stop to let pedestrians cross! You can ask for information and it will be given to you! and it will be correct! The people of Le Havre are proud of their city and they seem to want you to have a good time too. When my camera card died the photo shop people were kind and sympathetic (and this was in a shopping center). The hotel staff was well informed. The guy at the bookshop gave me tons of information and don't forget the world's neatest barbershop!! Thanks Le Havre, I had an excellent weekend.

Instant Answers: Le Havre

Comments

Le Havre Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Le Havre local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Le Havre sightseeing.