Le Havre Restaurants

• Gyppo's Profile Photo

Lauda's: Lauda's Restaurant, Le Havre

by Gyppo Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Lauda's

Lauda's is a good restaurant serving a lot of seafood and meat dishes, and there were several pasta dishes for vegetarians. It had friendly staff who tolerated our poor French (one of my companions accidentally ordered all the fish they had). Food was good and reasonably priced.

Favorite Dish: One of my friends said the Tournedos was excellent. My pasta dish was also very good, but that's harder to mess up!

• Punjab: Great Indian

by jlb49 Updated Mar 14, 2007

I'm working in Le Havre and am getting the opportunity to visit many of the restaurants in the area. I have visited Punjab twice of the past couple of weeks and enjoyed the service, ambiance and food. It is a small restaurant and is well decorated. I had the palak paneer and the naan paneer. The palak paneer was well seasoned and tasted great. The naan came out hot and gooey with cheese. At a previous visit I split a biryani and chicken tikka, and both were very tasty.

• aemilys's Profile Photo

Au Roi de la Frite: Do not eat here

by aemilys Updated Dec 21, 2005

Hello! I ordered a CLUB sandwich

I had a few hours to kill in Le Havre and so I decided to get a sandwich in one of the restaurants near the train station. It looked ok from the outside but not only was the food disappointing the ambiance was dreadful.

A whole table of drunken locals were making a lot of noise (mind you it was 2:30 in the afternoon). I didn't think anything of it until one of the drunks got way out of hand and started making rude remarks in my direction. Usually in this type of situation someone will tell the guy to calm down (his table mates or the people working in the restaurant) but no, they just let him go on and on. I tried to ignore it but when he came over to my table and put his arm around me that it was it and I told him to "f "off in no uncertain terms. He went away and I finished my sandwich (after all I paid for it) but really it was too gross.

Update: although I wouldn't go here again, after another visit to Le Havre I think this place is not reflective of the city in general, it's just a dive like you can find anywhere.

Favorite Dish: Check out the "club sandwich" on stale bread and you'll understand why it was so bad. The diet coke was ok though.

Instant Answers: Le Havre

Comments

Le Havre Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Le Havre restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Le Havre sightseeing.