ETHNIC, Rouen

by morgane1692
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Perle d'Asie: Great oriental/Chinese/Thai/Japanese

by gwened Written Feb 28, 2014

This is a classic resto here that we have come over the years, right off the river seine off place de la République
    open from 12h-14h, and 19h-22h ,closed Mondays.
    AC restaurant.great Chinese oriental decoration throughtout.parking on the haute ville tour, around the corner, or the street; its family run and excellent dish presentation.

Favorite Dish: porc laqué, beef with onions, pork ribs with pepper and salt,canard laqué,scallops lemon taste,and the Thais food such as duck with basilic sauce. all good in many tries.

• gwened's Profile Photo

Bar-a-Tapas: Bar a Tapas near fine arts museum

by gwened Written Jun 27, 2013
    Bar't a Tapas rouen

nice Spanish ambiance right across from the fine arts museum. the place is decorated like an Spanish tavern with flamenco decorations, The food is done well and the service friendly and fast.

we were there for lunch twice while in the area and each time it was good. open 12h-14h30 and 19h- 22h30
    Its been a while not in the area since we moved so need to verify its hours and opening times.

Favorite Dish: we had the platter of tapas mixed, and a nice rose wine from Ruedas in Spain. then we had omelette with chorizo and cruzcampo beers. all well done and nice service

• Museum Visits

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo

Punjab: Not a Great Place for an Indian

by zadunajska8 Written May 11, 2013

It's hard to find a decent Indian restaurant in France. This restaurant was so close to my hotel that I thought I'd give it a try, but it turned out to be a great disappointment. Whilst the food was reasonable (I've had much worse in France) but not very spicy the restaurant had no ambience and very poor service due to the fact that the family of the owner seem to be kept in the dining area, including 4 young children. Having your dinner whilst these children are running wild around you does spoil the experience for me and I'm afraid I just did not enjoy the experience at all.

Google Map

• arv1's Profile Photo

ETHNIC: Restaurant Perle d'Asie

by arv1 Written Jul 19, 2005

The food a combination of chinese, vietnamese and thai. We ordered about 7 dishes between the 5 of us, and everything was absolutely delicious!! It is most definately the best chinese food i have had, and i have been to many far east countries!!

The decor and the atmosphere was great, as were the staff! There were indoor fountains, statues of Buddah and many other traditional chinese decorations. People were very lively here, and I loved the whole experience, it was very cosy!

Located near the Seine, it can also be seen as romantic...just great!!

You may need to book in advance

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish was the vegetarian egg fried rice platter, which was absolutely gorgeous!! So lovely that i wished I could have brought some back to England with me!!

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

Restaurant Bienvenue: The Vietnamese ravioli was to die for!

by morgane1692 Updated Jul 10, 2003

another in a series of great Asian restaurants I've run across in France, this was located around the corner from our hotel, which as you know was just across the street from the Rouen gare!

Favorite Dish: Vietnamese ravioli!

Instant Answers: Rouen

Comments

Other Restaurants in Rouen