Fontainebleau Favorites

the Throne room and me and son
    by gwened
    at the entrance me and son
  • end of galerie des assiettes 1840 and boys
    end of galerie des assiettes 1840 and...

Best Rated Favorites in Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau is special

by gwened Written Sep 27, 2013

back de la fontaine at lake Carpes to Pavillon

Favorite thing: When I came to know my girlfriend's parents, she took me here, so it was the first castle and place outside her town and Paris that I saw of France in 1990. Ever since, the castle has been associated with us, we support it, and volunteer plus participate in activities links to its upkeep.

the town is royal and imperial at the same time, with much of the history of France and Europe at least.
    Surrounded by a royal and wonderful forest the town is compact as many in France, link by 7 roads linking it with the rest of France. By far the biggest structure is the castle more so than in other famous castle cities, in Fontainebleau the castle is it.

From bd Magenta on the right of the castle facing it to the Rue Royale coming straight at it, to the rue Denécourt, all is gear towards getting here.

Fondest memory: walking along rue Royale towards the castle and visiting during the hunting event in honor of the hunters saint St Hubert.

• Castles and Palaces

Fontainebleau is awesome!

by gwened Updated Dec 23, 2013

side entrance at pl des armes

Favorite thing: This is a memorable castle for us. It was the first castle I visited ever in France as my wife is from the region. We are friends of the castle and participate in many volunteer events over the year. It is like home.

the salle de la belle cheminée is private the photo was taken in one of my functions in the castle, the room is not open to the general public.

Fondest memory: walking the gardens during the Fête de St Hubert

• Castles and Palaces
    • Architecture

Fontainebleau and me

by gwened Written Jan 2, 2014
    on that first visit way back in 1990.

Favorite thing: well this like i said elsewhere was the first castle I visited in France because its near the birthplace what later became my wife, and she took me here to show off, lol!

its a sentimental favorite of course, and we are very much close to it, in many ways than just visiting it.
    Fontainebleau has its charms
    Château de Fontainebleau can be proud to have experienced eight centuries of continuous sovereign presence. Capetians, Valois, Bourbons, Bonaparte and Orleans, each Member of the dynasties who reigned on France succeeded in its walls. Kings and Queens, emperors and empresses are attached to beautify the Castle built around the original moat.

Fondest memory: walk the castle and grounds

• Museum Visits

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

The State Apartments

by Krystynn Written Dec 21, 2003

Favorite thing: That's me... resting on the manicured garden on the grounds of the Chateau de Fontainebleau. Hey, it can be a heavenly experience too! :-)

Instant Answers: Fontainebleau

Comments

Fontainebleau Favorites

Reviews and photos of Fontainebleau favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fontainebleau sightseeing.

View all Fontainebleau hotels