Eiffel Tower, Paris

Know about this? Rate It!

see it! ave Rapp shot
    afar the Dome of Invalides
    another shot of the lady Tour Eiffel
  • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Best Place to take a photo of the Eiffel Tower

by GentleSpirit Written Aug 3, 2013

Favorite thing: You can see the Eiffel Tower from just about everywhere in Paris, however, the best place to get a good photo of the tower is from the plaza at the Palais Challiot. The double decker buses stop right in front at the Trocadero Square. The Trocadero Metro (lines 6 and 9) is right nearby as well.

As my photo shows, you will not be alone in trying to take your unforgettably perfect shot of the Eiffel Tower

• Photography

• gwened's Profile Photo

The Tour and the Dome

by gwened Written May 29, 2013
    see it! ave Rapp shot

Favorite thing: PARIS, here it is again ,and what better way than to showcase the Tour and Dome. The two of the most symbolic places of Paris.

The Tour Eiffel has gone beyond words and explanation as to why it is so popular and people line up its stairs and mount its elevators/lifts to see the city ,the top the ultimate trip to Paris. I know its repetitive but its a must at least once in your lifetime.

You have the Dome ,the Invalides, that muscle powerfurl museum of the military history of France, of its great leader DeGaulle, and of the great Emperor Napoléon. It is visible from many parts of Paris too even from Mount Valerien outside of Paris. Its another jewel, perhaps less visited but equally impressive and ,also, a must to see at least once.

I have taken pictures and have passed by it so many times.This time was business and was working on the 13th floor of a building with these views, ohh hard to work here...lol!

Fondest memory: seeing Paris is always a fond memory flash. Its a virus a delicious infection that last your lifetime and its pass on to the younger generation with love and care.

• Museum Visits

• balhannah's Profile Photo

EIFFEL TOWER

by balhannah Updated Feb 27, 2013

Favorite thing: The Eiffel Tower.............Even before we left home, both my husband and I weren't at all interested in going up it.

We arrived at the TOWER AT OPENING TIME, THE BEST TIME FOR BEATING THE CROWDS.
    If I had wanted to buy tickets, I could have nearly walked straight up to the window. By the time we crossed the River, had a look there and came back, the queues were quite long.

Were we disappointed......Not in the least!
    We had seen it so many times on Television, that it had lost the wow effect!
    It was good, an amazing piece of architecture, etc. etc., but for us, standing underneath and viewing it from a distance was satisfying enough.

Please check the website for times and for prices of different levels.

Admission elevator top ADULTS...€ 14.00
    age 12 - 24year....€ 12.50 4 - 11yrs and disabled € 9.50

• gwened's Profile Photo

Princess Diana and Eiffel

by gwened Written Sep 7, 2012
    Flame of Liberty and unoff Diana memorial

Favorite thing: Well just read that it was the 15 anniversary of the accidental death of Princess Diana by pont de l'alma in Paris. This is just around Place de l'Alma with plain view of the tour Eiffel.

So was just having some drink in my favorite place,and went over took some with my blackberry phone.

First the origins of the flame of the entrance to the under road by the seine. This flame of liberty is at the west entrance to the tunnel of pont de l'Alma that reproduce the flame of the Statue of LIberty in NYC USA. The monument measures 3,5 meters high covered in copper doree residing in a socket of gray and black marble.

This flame of LIberty was offered to France by the USA in 1989 to thanks for the restauration of the tower of liberty in NYC at the moment of its centenary.

Upon the announcement of the death of Lady Diana in August 31 1997, this spot was covered with flowers from all over the world . AFter Elton John dedicated a song called a Candle in the Wind ,the relation of the flame and Diana have taken a greater dimension that is seem even today. This year it is the 15th anniversary of her passing and the place is full of flowers. However, the actual monument dedicated to her passing is at clos des Blancs-Manteaux, public garden in the Marais,located at 21 de la rue des Blancs-Manteaux

Fondest memory: driving under the tunnel one cannot forget this tragic accident as I do take the tunnel often. It is ,also, a gift of the people of France to the USA so that makes it even more a remarkable place.

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

The eternal symbol of Paris

by Laura_Mexico Updated Jul 9, 2012

Me & La Tour Eiffel - 2007

Favorite thing: This is me in front of the beautiful Eiffel Tower, viewed from the Trocadero...

Besides climbing the tower, if you decide to do so (it's a MUST DO for many tourists that visit Paris for the first time, although not for me personally, but you must be ready to wait in line for a long time to climb it), I highly recommend that you walk around this area - Champ de Mars, the park & green areas surrounding the tower and the fountains at the Trocadero are wonderful to take a walk or just sit down for a while and relax - and eat one of the snacks that are sold in the stands you'll find all over the place (warm waffles - called gauffres -, or crepes)... they're GREAT!!!

Since several years ago - 2007 or earlier - they started illuminating the Eiffel Tower with these lights that look like white "sparks" or blinking stars besides the regular yellowish light that illuminates the monument permanently in the evenings. The sparks aren't permanent, they only display them for 5 mins. or so every hour, starting at 8:00 PM if I'm not wrong and up until midnight. It's an awesome view which I was able to appreciate both while being very close to the Tower and also from afar, while at the top of the Montparnasse Tower. The picture I took back then was terrible, but this time I was able to take some better pictures with a digital camera to replace that old ugly one.

• Photography

• Cool breeze walks on green perfect lawn Paris air

by hwandra Written Sep 9, 2011

Favorite thing: Shopping was awesome please Tour the purfumerie factory and make a purchase there as well. The effel Towel was my best spot I brought a perfect basket lunch from home in Wiesbaden Germany that consisted of smoked Gouda and buttered Brotchen with fruits and Wasser. I soaked up the air and sun and everything was lovely...no rush no hustle and bustle.

Fondest memory: A Make up kiss in the Effel Tower and getting a BIG HUG from Goofy for Paris Disney.

• jewei88's Profile Photo

Take the steps up

by jewei88 Written Dec 11, 2009

Up the steps of Eiffel

Favorite thing: Travelling in Paris during early June seems good as the weather is cool and you can walk for miles not sweating except when I challenged myself to walk up the steps to the 'top' of Eiffel Tower.

Fondest memory: I miss the Louvre. They have so many beautiful paintings and relics which I have yet to study closely in details. You really really need a lot of time or maybe days to study them all! I love the slow, interesting and beautiful long walk from The Louvre to the Arc de Tromphe. Don't give excuse not to walk as you see many interesting palces and happenings along the way. At 8.30pm, it's still quite bright in the sky. By the time I reached the Arc, it got dark. Travel by underground metro is most convenient in Paris.

• jeudi41's Profile Photo

Don't forget. le 'Monsieur"!

by jeudi41 Written Sep 29, 2009

Favorite thing: I would definitely take them to the Eiffel tower, and while there take them around the base to see the wonderful bust of 'Monsieur Eiffel'! I believe it would make them feel 'closer' to the maker of the most exciting viewpoint in all of Paris!

Fondest memory: We lived in the 7th arrondisment for nearly three years and came to love the area and know every nook and craney! Avenue de la Bourddonais was our main street and we knew all the shopkeepers along the boulevard. Our apartment was one block from the Champ de Mars and many happy hours were spent strolling the length of the parc. Rue St. Dominique was the street with
    boulangeries, patisseries, G-20 hyper-marche, etc.., and it was a few blocks away. the American Library was one block away and was the bus stop! It is the most perfect Parisien neighborhood anyone could want to live in.

• Study Abroad

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Visit the Eiffel Tower at about 5:00 pm

by joiwatani Written Feb 24, 2009

The view of the Eiffel Tower from the park

Favorite thing: Personally, the best time to go to the Eiffel Tower is at about 5:00 pm when the tourists are dwindling and are about ready to go home and you still enough time and sunlight to see everything at daylight time. And, you will see the lighting of the Eiffel Tower after it gets dark...

The best part to see the whole view of the Eiffel Tower at daytime and or at night time is at the park of the Eiffel Tower. There is a parking lot over there facing the park, but definitely, you can take the whole view of the Eiffel Tower not like just taking the foot or the base of the Eiffel Tower.

Definitely, it is worth going over there at this time. The only thing is you might not be able to get to the Tower. However, you can do that early morning so you don't have to fall in line and you can avoid the many hussles and buzzles of tourists!

Fondest memory: I love the flickering lights at night. I had the view of the Eiffel Tower while I was riding on an evening boat ride at the Seine River.

• iamjacksgoat's Profile Photo

For an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower...

by iamjacksgoat Written Aug 18, 2008

View from the Trocad��ro

Favorite thing: For an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower, go to the Trocadéro. This was the first view I had of the Eiffel Tower, and it took my breath away. Anyone going to Paris must see this view. Stand in the courtyard, where all the golden statues are.

• Castles and Palaces

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

TOURIST SEASON: VERY LONG LINES

by ForestqueenNYC Updated May 19, 2007

Long Line at Eiffel Tower

Favorite thing: THIS IS NOT A FAVORITE THING, BUT A GENERAL TIP.

Now that the tourists are starting to flock to Paris you will see long lines every where. Be prepared to wait for quite while to purchase your ticket for entry into the Eiffel Tower. There are snack bars and bathrooms nearby in case of need.

You cannot buy your tickets in advance.

• Singles
    • Seniors

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Gustave Eiffel

by freddie18 Updated Mar 24, 2007

Gustave Eiffel in his Office

Favorite thing: The man behind the Eiffel Tower is.....who else, Alexandre Gustave Eiffel or just plain Gustave Eiffel.

The man was born in Dijon France in the year 1832. He practiced independently and formed his own business as an engineer-contractor in the year 1864. He specializes in metal structural work and built metal structures of all kinds around the world.

If you want to see a replica of the man who made the Eiffel Tower possible, all you have to do is go up to the tower. On the Third Level you will see him in his office. I posted a picture of Gustave Eiffel while welcoming Thomas Edison.

• Museum Visits

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Paris - 550 La Tour Eiffel

by grandmaR Updated Mar 18, 2007

Les Cartes Postal 1964 of the Tour Eiffel

Favorite thing: I sent this post card to my daughter from Paris. The stamp said "Republique Francaise Postes" on the top, the price was 0.65. The bottom said "Dinan" and "Valle de la Rance". The picture included a bridge.

The postmark had a cross and an outline of a nurse on it and said "Devenez ....Des Horptaux__De Paris.

Fondest memory: ...
    Dear Daughter

I am now trying to get a Wagon Lit from Irun to Madrid. I have had breakfast (2.5F) and checked my luggage to the next station (2.6F) and found my toilette case which slipped behind my bunk and I had to go back on the train for it.

I had a good night on the train. I missed our cousin in Frankfurt, but I talked to your Aunt on the phone.

___________________

I didn't have any luck - no bookings fror Irun at this end. I almost left my pocketbook in one of the inquiry places.

I have climbed 400 steps to the top of Notre Dame (1.5F) and am now on my way to the Eiffel Tower

Love Mummy

• Trains

• stev0305's Profile Photo

The First Thing You Do

by stev0305 Updated Mar 13, 2007
    B....E...A....UTIFUL

Favorite thing: I have a suggestion for something to do in Paris France. Specifically this should be the first thing you do as a "tourist", when you are wandering the city for the first time. You must go directly to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Take some time to look at the beautiful city that you have come to visit. Spend atleast ten minutes looking each direction. When at each side look and try to spot what are going to visit, look at the beaty of Paris, and just take it all in. There is no view like the view from the Eiffel Tower. It is truly one of the wonders of the world.

*Check out the pictures for summer view of Paris.

Fondest memory: Meeting up with my best friends after a summer apart. I was the best city we could have met up in. I loved Paris. (besides the prices)

• Study Abroad

• alycat's Profile Photo

Eiffel hopping

by alycat Written Feb 1, 2007

Welcome to the Eiffel

Favorite thing: Going to the top of the Eiffel Tower is a must-do in Paris. It is an architectural masterpiece. The first level has a restaurant and a museum. There is another restaurant on the second level and the third floor offers an incredible view.

It is hard to get tickets, you have to wait in a long line for that, but the views from top level proved to be well worth the wait. I can still recapture the feeling of standing on the top of the tower in the gentle breeze looking at the city. It was an awesome experience, something everyone should do once.

You can buy tickets using your redit or debit card, if you are not carryin French currency, you know the rush to see the Eiffel!!

Instant Answers: Paris