Eiffel Tower, Paris

Know about this? Rate It!

see it! ave Rapp shot
    afar the Dome of Invalides
    another shot of the lady Tour Eiffel
  • fishandchips's Profile Photo

Night Travel

by fishandchips Updated Jan 23, 2007

The Eiffel Tower at night

Favorite thing: Paris is a nice place to wander about at night with the city having its monuments lit up to the best effect. The saying "all cities look the same at night" is true of paris in the main however there are a few exceptions. An example is the Eiffel Tower that gets lit up every hour after dark for 10 minutes or so and looks great.

A very exciting place to be when this happens is the lookout at Troccadero or from a boat on the Seine as I am in the photo in 1999 (220 days before Y2K).

• Cruise

• ayesh's Profile Photo

The towering Eiffel

by ayesh Written Sep 18, 2002

Favorite thing: There is no going around this one: the Eiffel Tower. For me this was the best experience in those few Paris days. When we arrived we dropped our stuff at the hotel and went straight for the tower. We wanted to see it glow in the dark and watch all those tiny light beneath us.
    It was freezing cold, but absolutely worth it. The dark night embraced the city with its bulk of lights and gave us an eternal impression.

Fondest memory: The thing I miss the most when I am not in the city of lights is.... the crèpes with sugar! They are never the same when you make them at home, unfortunately...

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

TOURIST SEASON: VERY LONG LINES

by ForestqueenNYC Updated May 19, 2007

Long Line at Eiffel Tower

Favorite thing: THIS IS NOT A FAVORITE THING, BUT A GENERAL TIP.

Now that the tourists are starting to flock to Paris you will see long lines every where. Be prepared to wait for quite while to purchase your ticket for entry into the Eiffel Tower. There are snack bars and bathrooms nearby in case of need.

You cannot buy your tickets in advance.

• Singles
    • Seniors

• alycat's Profile Photo

Eiffel hopping

by alycat Written Feb 1, 2007

Welcome to the Eiffel

Favorite thing: Going to the top of the Eiffel Tower is a must-do in Paris. It is an architectural masterpiece. The first level has a restaurant and a museum. There is another restaurant on the second level and the third floor offers an incredible view.

It is hard to get tickets, you have to wait in a long line for that, but the views from top level proved to be well worth the wait. I can still recapture the feeling of standing on the top of the tower in the gentle breeze looking at the city. It was an awesome experience, something everyone should do once.

You can buy tickets using your redit or debit card, if you are not carryin French currency, you know the rush to see the Eiffel!!

• ChicBaby's Profile Photo

Toilets at Altitude 95

by ChicBaby Written Feb 24, 2005

Looking down from the Altitude 95 level

Favorite thing: We were a bit disappointed by the toilets at Altitude 95. They were very dark, the paint color and lighting was dim, dirty and it smelled like urine. One of the toilets in the women’s room could not flush and the floor and counter by the sink was wet. I suppose no one was attending to the bathroom that day, but I was hoping for at least a clean floor or dry counter to change a diaper on my son.

• Women's Travel

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

Moving on up!

by dejavu2gb Updated Nov 9, 2005

Favorite thing: If you fancy taking a trip up this famous landmark of Paris, and you get there and the queue is 200m long, consider walking up the stairs, as its cheaper and you appreciate the view that much more when you get to the top. Although you can only climp to the 2nd level and not all the way to the top, the view is still gorgeous, and well worth the climb!

Fondest memory: Seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time was quite emotional as I have always seen it on television as a small kid, and then to be standing next to it was just the best thing ever.
    Paris is just stunningly beautiful, with lots to see and do, brush up on your french before you go though, because not everyone speaks English.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo

Tour Eiffel at night (2003)

by Mikebond Written Nov 6, 2005

Tour Eiffel with intermittent illumination

Favorite thing: The Tour Eiffel gets a special intermittent illumination at regular intervals at night (I think it is at the minute 15 of every hour). During the rest of the night it is also illuminated, but with fix lights, as you see in the last picture of this tip. We took these photos from the top of the Tour Maine-Montparnasse. I recomment you'd climb it, too, in order to enjoy such a beautiful view!

• Architecture

• vivalasteph's Profile Photo

Of course, you must.....

by vivalasteph Written Apr 16, 2004

base of the Tower

Favorite thing: I would be repeating myself, and the advice of millions, to say that the Eiffel Tower is a must. It is. Go. Stand in line for a ticket. Stand in line for the lift. Stand in line again for the smaller lift. Elbow your way to get a good spot along the railing. It is completely worth it.

On the first level are shops and cafes. On the second level is the well-known Jules Verne restaurant.

There is a post office where you can purchase stamps and envelopes postmarked "Tour Eiffel". Buy a postcard and send someone a special treat.

Fondest memory: As we approached the Tower, it was chilly and the sun was shining. By the first level it had started to drizzle. By the time we reached the second level it was really raining.

So up the final lift we go, out on the deck and up the last few stairs to the open-air deck and voila! A blizzard! The snow was circling around the top of the Tower, blurring everything below. All of us up there were laughing so hard! Snow at the top of the tower in March!

By the time we returned to the first level, it had gotten dark and the rain stopped. As we exited the tower on the ground, we looked back up and the lights came on!

We spent about 2 hours at the Tower, but the pictures suggest we were there in 3 different seasons! Wonderful memory!

• Summer33's Profile Photo

Beware

by Summer33 Updated Mar 8, 2004

Favorite thing: I would recommend walking the steps up the eiffel tower. I didn't have the chance to cause I was with some older folks but wish I had. Also beware of the lines you just might get someone behind you that doesn't understand what a "personal bubble" is. Perhaps it's just me being American but I can't stand it when people stand too close, it's very awkward especially when waiting in line for good amount of time.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Top views 2 from Eiffel 2nd floor

by Carmela71 Updated Dec 12, 2003

Favorite thing: The second floor of the Eifel towers is the best place for photos

10 euros is expensive, but going to the top even if it is not great for photography (stay for that at the second level) deserves with no doubt.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Best Place to take a photo of the Eiffel Tower

by GentleSpirit Written Aug 3, 2013

Favorite thing: You can see the Eiffel Tower from just about everywhere in Paris, however, the best place to get a good photo of the tower is from the plaza at the Palais Challiot. The double decker buses stop right in front at the Trocadero Square. The Trocadero Metro (lines 6 and 9) is right nearby as well.

As my photo shows, you will not be alone in trying to take your unforgettably perfect shot of the Eiffel Tower

• Photography

• balhannah's Profile Photo

EIFFEL TOWER

by balhannah Updated Feb 27, 2013

Favorite thing: The Eiffel Tower.............Even before we left home, both my husband and I weren't at all interested in going up it.

We arrived at the TOWER AT OPENING TIME, THE BEST TIME FOR BEATING THE CROWDS.
    If I had wanted to buy tickets, I could have nearly walked straight up to the window. By the time we crossed the River, had a look there and came back, the queues were quite long.

Were we disappointed......Not in the least!
    We had seen it so many times on Television, that it had lost the wow effect!
    It was good, an amazing piece of architecture, etc. etc., but for us, standing underneath and viewing it from a distance was satisfying enough.

Please check the website for times and for prices of different levels.

Admission elevator top ADULTS...€ 14.00
    age 12 - 24year....€ 12.50 4 - 11yrs and disabled € 9.50

• Architecture

• bakpakchik's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower 1

by bakpakchik Written Apr 18, 2003

Favorite thing: How many times can one photograph the Eiffel Tower? In how many ways that havent already been done and redone a thousand times before? I tried to do my bit. Some attempts worked. Most failed miserably. Here are some that worked.

• bakpakchik's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower 3

by bakpakchik Written Apr 18, 2003

Favorite thing: Something I have yet to see in a postcard. But let me tell you a secret .... I saw the same shot in a newspaper just weeks after my return home. A press photographer photographing some kind of protest staged by performing artists had captured the same angle and even the same graffiti. I must have been on to a good thing ....

• iamjacksgoat's Profile Photo

For an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower...

by iamjacksgoat Written Aug 18, 2008

View from the Trocad��ro

Favorite thing: For an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower, go to the Trocadéro. This was the first view I had of the Eiffel Tower, and it took my breath away. Anyone going to Paris must see this view. Stand in the courtyard, where all the golden statues are.

• Castles and Palaces