Barrio Latino, Paris

46-48 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine

Know about this? Rate It!

• Barrio Latino
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Barrio Latino: Birthday Celebration

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 24, 2013

~Happy Birthday~

As part of my BIG birthday celebaration Geisha_Girl put together a birthday bash here at Barrio Latino.

This is restaurant with four floors a bar and nightclub. The wait staff pushed around a glass covered trolley where they dispense snacks from. The first and third floors are dance floors with its own blend of funky Latin sounds. The second floor is a restaurant catering to Latin dishes and the top floor is a combination nightclub where you can find the VIP section.

Christian managed to get us the VIP Key which was quite nice. We had a lovely section up on the fourth floor with our own dance floor and the dj spinning a mix of dance traxs.

We ordered a large tray of tapas and of course I had my Mojito!! Yum.

Dress Code: Smart casual, party clothes

• Wine Tasting

• tintingerri's Profile Photo

Barrio Latino: service was not good

by tintingerri Updated Jun 26, 2007

We read from our Tour guide book that this place plays salsa. As me and my husband were so eager to experience salsa in Paris we tried this place out. When we arrived the guard who allows the people to get inside asked us if we can pay 20 Euro for drinks. At first we didn't understand him as his English were very bad. So we said yes we will pay for 20 Euro. When we were inside we were asked to go to the 2nd floor bar for our drinks. As we were excited to have our drinks my husband selected the one in the menu a drink for 15 Euro and I wanted to have a Cosmopolitan. But then the waiter told us that we cant order on that menu card instead he gave us the small menu card for the drinks good for your 20 Euro entrance which costs only for 9 Euro. So we called the attention of the manager because it's like ripping off. We paid 20 Euro for our drinks but all we get is only a drink for 9 Euro. My husband took the 2 drinks and I ordered Cosmopolitan which is an additional payment. The worst Cosmopolitan I ever had. The manager was so unfriendly.
    They only played i think 6 salsa music and then they started to play house music till 1AM. In fairness the house music was good.

i give 2 stars

Dress Code: no dress code, but it would be nice if you were a nice clothes inside

• draguza's Profile Photo

Barrio Latino: For Salsa and Mambo lovers

by draguza Written Aug 23, 2005

Inside Barrio Latino

For all of you who like Southern American dances, this is the place!

I was there a couple of times and they play very good music. The dancers though seemed to be all professionals so I was ashamed to try dance as well..if you're common people like me, it's a great place to go out in Paris. Lots of flirting, nice dressed and warm people. Great decoration makes it even more worth the high prices for the drinks.

Dress Code: Semi formal, no sneakers

• Wine Tasting
    • Music

• Bigjones's Profile Photo

Barrio Latino: El palacio de la salsa ! (Bastille - 11e arr.)

by Bigjones Updated Jan 10, 2005

A fantastic place !! The restaurant transforms into a salsa dance floor every Sunday afternoon from 3 to 7:30 pm. Great music and dancers in a colourful setting. What an atmosphere there, believe me !!! Salseros and salseras, don't miss it, it's too great.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Barrio Latino, Café Beaubourg, Viaduc Cafe: The Best Mix of Clubs To Suit All Moods & Folks!

by Krystynn Written Dec 17, 2003

Dear VT members, in case you haven't already discovered (which is really very unusual for such an intellectual & fun bunch of readers).... Paris’s has MANY diverse nightlife options to suit all kinds of club-hoppers, moods and people.

I mean, this is the place which literally comes alive AFTER-midnight. So you can expect nothing less than the very best. Remember, you can always catch up on your sleep back home/ at work. ;-) But for now, don your sequinned dress... and bring out those cool killer heels... and let's par-tey, baby!

On my last visit to Paris circa. 2002, the action centered around the following places:

For those Into Salsa Music & South American Cuisine:
    Try - Le Barrio Latino. Barrio Latino is truly a club that I would describe as out of this world! You'd be forgiven for thinking that you've stepped back in time circa. Havana, Cuba in the 1950s. The Che Guevara Mosaic located on the top floor is also an attraction (well, for country bumpkins like me, that is). Their dancefloor is forever packed with beautiful people... and don't forget to order their Mojito Cocktail. Legendary (read: cocktail consists of some mint, lime, rum and club soda). At the Restaurant serving South American cuisine - everything is so delicious (in my opinion). Would I recommend this place to my friends living on the other side of the planet? But of course!

The Rock Chicks & Their Beaus Will Adore:
    Man Ray and of course, Les Bains (as mentioned earlier).

The Intellectual Jazzy Bunch of People Will Congregate At:
    New Morning (Not bad. I like this place. They play smooth jazz too).

The Techno-piles Were Last Seen At:
    Les Carmes

The Really Arty-Farty Folks Will Be Seen Sipping Their Coffee At:
    Café Beaubourg and/or Viaduc Café.

Needless to add - all normal folks - like you and I - are also very welcomed to people-watch at these places.

Prenons un pot!

Dress Code: The Parisians dress up in their immaculate best regardless of the venue that they'd be heading to.

• Barrio Latino: Ultimate party

by jblewis Written Jul 21, 2003

I booked this venue for my wifes 21st Birthday party. I had a lot of friends flying in and the venue HAD to be good!!

Sally at Barrio's was really helpful in helping me set the party up over the phone and by email and we prepared a great night.

When we got there it was nice and quiet at 8pm, we met our friends and started drinking and eating. The choice of drinks was amazing - cocktails, beers, bottled drinks, vodka or whisky by the bottle with unlimited mixers - the list could go on!

By 11pm we were all full and more than a bit drunk - the music had been building up for a while and was now starting to crescendo. e all took to the dance floor that was a sea of people and danced to seamless tracks for hours.

By 3am we had danced, drank and had the most amazing night. The staff are friendly, efficient and multi-lingual, the DJ (Carlos) is a mixing God and the venue is nothing short of breathtaking when the lights go down and the atmosphere buils up.

100 out of 10 - totally recommend the Barrio experience!!!

Dress Code: Men: Trousers, shoes, open shirt

Ladies: Sexy! Less is more as the temerature is incredible when the dancefloor gets busy!!

• Luxury Travel
    • Women's Travel
    • Singles

• kcochran111's Profile Photo

Barrio Latino: 5-stories of salsa

by kcochran111 Updated Jun 12, 2003

Barrio Latino is my favorite Paris club for a few reasons. 1) It has five stories of dancing, dining, and drinking. 2) The DJs know what "dance music" means. 3) It's the only Paris club I've been to.

We got there around midnight, and the place was packed by 12:30. Barrio Latino serves food (which I've heard is delicious), but their drinks are insanely expensive ($10.50 for a shot!). I suggest prefunking!

HRS: 10am-2am Mon-Fri; 10am-3am Sat-Sun

Dress Code: Look hot~ There are beautiful people here! And, it's a sweaty time on the dancefloor, so less is more.

• School Holidays