Eiffel Tower, Paris

Know about this? Rate It!

• Eiffel Tower
    by joiwatani
  • Arial_27's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower: Eiffel Tower

by Arial_27 Updated Feb 19, 2007

The Eiffel Tower shows a gorgeous view of Paris, especially at night with all the lights. During the summer, the tower is open daily until midnight.
    Reserve at least two hours of your time for your visit to the Eifeel Tower. The line up is usually very long, and then it's up to you how much time you want to spend up there ( they don't force you to come down at any time.) There is a restaurant and a small gift shop on the second floor, but it's usually very expensive and crowded.

And be prepared for your ears to pop as you go further up to the top floor ; )

Dress Code: Bring a light jacket or something with you even if you're going up there in the summer. It can get really windy and don't be alarmed if the whole tower seems to shake and sway in the wind - im sure its very sturdy!

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

7e Vin: Just eating and drinking until 1 am!

by joiwatani Updated Feb 26, 2009

The VT Paris Meeting

Our VT meeting was wonderful that the restaurant owner didn't close until we all went back to our hotels or to those based in Paris, to the comfort of their homes.

We had fine dining, wine, desert, coffee and the best part was we had a great company.

I truly enjoyed the company of Pedmar, footstool, ForestqueenNYC, CestVT and Penelope4.

We talked about VT, VT members and how fun it is to be a member of VT!

Dress Code: Personally, I wore the same pants for five days- since I had been travelling non-stop and didn't care much how I looked at that time. I just wanted to meet all the VT members who signed up for the VT Paris meeting last February 20, 2009.

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

Tour Montparnasse: Sipping Champagne atop Tour Montparnasse

by BeatChick Updated Apr 4, 2011

Les Invalides from Tour Montparnasse

After dinner we headed out to la Tour Montparnasse with the intent of having a glass of champagne at the top of the tower affording us with the divine view of the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately, the bar was closed to us that night as someone had rented Ciel de Paris and had The Gypsy Kings playing! While we didn't get to see them playing we did get to hear The Gypsy Kings live - amazing. And the views are stunning, too!

Photos: February 2006

Dress Code: Party clothes or dress appropriately for the weather atop the Tour Montparnasse!

• Wine Tasting
    • Music

by coceng Updated Jul 15, 2004

Eiffel Tower in Paris !

Here I was at the base of the tower ! Well, almost.
    There were too many people, at that time when me & Alain were there around 11 pm.
    The tourists, the local people, the students, the couples all mingle together underneath the Tour Eiffel. Is that suppose to be romantic underneath The Eiffel Tour ? Well, you have to be there to decide.
    I decided not to go up the tower because we just didn't have enough time to explore the area better.

by coceng Written Jul 15, 2004

Closer on the tower.
    It is brightly lit with all the glittering lights !
    Alain was telling me that the lights were changed every year to make a different photo every time tourists coming to see the tower.
    Year lighting added contributing to Paris' reputation as 'City of Lights' in 1986.
    There are 352 projectors of 1000 watts to flow electricity to the whole tower !

by coceng Updated Jul 15, 2004

Infos :
    The weight is 7,000 tons although 1,000 tons were removed during 1990's renovation.
    The base is 412 feet square, roughly about 2.5 acres.
    It's a great feeling for me of course to see Le Tour Eiffel with my own eyes although prior to reaching Paris, I thought it was just another tourist trap ! It is not...

by coceng Updated Sep 8, 2004

Eiffel Tower in Paris !

Seeing Eiffel Tower at night was nice ! This is Paris landmark that you don't really want to miss !
    Height: 300.51 meters
    1st level - 57 meters
    2nd level - 115 meters
    3rd level - 276 meters
    Height including television antenna: 320.755 meters (1052 feet).
    This photo was my first sight of the tower with Alain walking next to me...on the first night in Paris !

• TravelChick67's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower: Sunset on the Tour Eiffel

by TravelChick67 Written Aug 7, 2004

View from Eiffel Tower just after Sunset

I know most people go up the tower during the day but I highly recommend going up at night as well.

Or, if time is limited, go in the late afternoon so you can catch a few minutes of daylight and then watch the sun set across Paris and all the magical light come on. It's a beautiful sight.

Dress Code: At 1,046 feet tall, the top of the tower can be quite windy so be sure to bring a sweater if you're the type who chills easily.

• aznsophisticat's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower: Night Lights

by aznsophisticat Written Jul 7, 2007

I climbed up the Eiffel Tower, and when I looked down on Paris, I was astounded! It's a breathtaking view, and I recommend you go up as far as possible to take pictures of Paris.

Dress Code: Wear comfortable shoes to climb the Tower!

by coceng Written Jul 15, 2004

Infos :
    Built in the years 1887-1889 for 1889 Universal Exhibition and Centennial of the French Revolution.
    The engineers were Maurice Koechlin and Emile Nouguier.
    The architect was Stephen Sauvestre.
    The tower originally was for the occasion of the 1889 Universal Exhibition.
    Construction Period was from 23 January 1887 to March 1889 (2 years, 2 months & 5 days).
    It was inaugurated on March 31, 1889.

• laughingsun69's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower: you only live once get up there.

by laughingsun69 Written Oct 14, 2003

its along way up

Hi youve got to get to the top of eifel tower at night its an experience with great views , its amazing they built this when they did back in the early 1900s and it moves with the wind aswell t o give you that extra feeling of altitude..

• christineintheworld's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower: On top of the world... or at least Paris.

by christineintheworld Written Apr 16, 2009

I had read a few tips about the Eiffel Tower at night and, hands down, it was the best possible way to experience that spectacular monument.

Not only are the lines much more sparse (when we went, there was no line at all), you can meander around the various levels without having to worry about competing for a view, pushing and bumping through crowds, or fearfully clutching your bag with worries of pickpockets and thieves.

If you chance upon a clear night, the view is, again, spectacular. The city unfolds below you and is still quite busy with the comings and goings of people. It glows.

One of my favourite photos from our trip is using the camera timer, placing the camera on the ground, pointing up, and, us, leaning over the lens... there we are, smiling, as the Eiffel Tower fills the sky above us.

Dress Code: A jacket, if it is cool.

• theskydancer's Profile Photo

Nightlife... except the...

by theskydancer Written Aug 26, 2002

Nightlife... except the ovbious attractions... like dining out (some nice areas are la bastille and saint germain), or clubbing... you can also ride the elevator to the top of the eiffel tower and enjoy paris by night. it's really charming/romantic. In the photo you can see the tracadero monument.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower: The illuminated tower at night!

by Jenniflower Updated Apr 28, 2006

The illuminated Eiffel Tower

Something that everyone has to do when visiting Paris is to go on a night cruise… when Paris is gloriously illuminated.

We went on an evening that was fine and mild, although on the waters it was understandably colder. It lasted for two hours, and we went under bridges and quite a way down the Seine.

This sight of the Eiffel Tower standing so majestically just off the banks of the river is an image that will stay with me forever.

Picture is a little blurry as I had neglected to turn my camera onto night mode (something I often do!)

• Cruise

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Eiffel Tower & Paris streets...: Outdoors and simple "nightlife"!

by Laura_Mexico Updated Jul 9, 2012

Beautiful Tour Eiffel at night!

It might sound boring for those of you who like to go clubbing or dancing or bar-touring at night, but believe me: just sitting in front of the Eiffel Tower (at the Trocadero gardens) and watching people pass by, the boats sail along the Seine river, and the wonderful lights of Paris all around you is a WONDERFUL night activity!! I did it twice during my stay and I loved it -- and I had some company once, so it's also a good activity to do if you just want to stroll and chat with someone. This is what I call to *LIVE* Paris to the fullest and enjoy every single minute of it! The lights of the Tower don't go down until 1 AM or so.

May I also suggest that you eat a crepe or a "beignet" (a kind of donut coated with sugar) or a warm waffle with whipped cream, nutella of jam in one of the many stands you'll find around this area... They're DELICIOUS! It's a nice treat to complement your "night tour".

• Photography