Rex Club, Paris

Know about this? Rate It!

• Rex Club
    by Tomtom-Paris
  • Rex Club
    by BenFromParis
  • LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

Rex Club: Big Techno/House Club

by LostBoyPN Updated Oct 1, 2005

This large club was empty at 1:00 am. It didn't open 'til Midnight and I was thinking we'd found the wrong place to try to party. But, surely enough people started flocking in and by 2:00 am it was packed, but didn't really start to get really hopping 'til 3:00 am. I had read in Lonely Planet that clubs don't get going 'til 1 am and they weren't kidding. I was ill prepared to stay up that late, though, especially after going to Versailles and walking the grounds there. My legs were like rubber.

The music changes depending on the night, but the night we went was primarily House with some Techno thrown in. It was comparable to clubs back in the States, but without all the obnoxiously drunk Americans. The French are not excessive... save for maybe with smoking Marlboros. They don't really drink beer and aren't that loud. It's a nice change from the rah-rah US drunkards oozing with machismo who are ready to fight if you look at them funny. A buff guy approached me and I wondered if it was his girlfriend I was ogling for the past hour. Turned out he thought I was a drug dealer. He was looking for esctasy. Couldn't help him.

Dress Code: Pretty relaxed. Converse All-Stars and track jackets seem to be the hot items. Girls were dressed kind of conservatively. No trashy hooker types in here.

• Singles
    • Study Abroad

• Rex Club: Rex Club

by miromi Written Sep 7, 2002

People told me this club had the best sound in Paris, and it was indeed great, especially since I was there for a drum and bass night--the bass was superb!!! Tasteful 1920 art deco interior styling and great lighting. First Wednesdays of every month are free, and the crowd is loyal and fresh!!!!, so be prepared for a wild and crazy evening with tons of spirit. miss ficel? and another brasilian girl spinning great drum and bass.

• Tomtom-Paris's Profile Photo

Le REX Techno

by Tomtom-Paris Written Sep 12, 2002

Le REX Techno
    If you like Techno, you have to go there. It's the best techno club in Paris

Instant Answers: Paris