Disneyland Paris, Paris

Know about this? Rate It!

• "Winnie the Pooh and Friends, too".
    Me, Goofy and Iris.
    by Jerelis
    Tigger delivered the birthday cake.
  • Jerelis's Profile Photo

Disneyland Paris - Well ... what to say???

Not my cup of tea :)

At 25 kilometers of the city of Paris you will find Disneyland Paris. And ever since the opening of Space Mountain and the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Disneyland Paris has a variety of good fear-and-thrill rides. There are a much wider variety of things to do than at a funfair or ordinary theme park too, and many of the sets are incredibly detailed. The complex is divided into three areas: Disneyland Park, the original Magic Kingdom, with most of the big rides; Walt Disney Studios Park, a more technology-based attempt to recreate the world of cartoon film-making, along with a few rides; and Disney Village and the hotels, where you can eat and sleep if you're determined to see both the other attractions. For all the omnipresent Americana, occasional French elements do creep through: science-fiction writer Jules Verne appears in a couple of Discoveryland rides; Sleeping Beauty's Castle is based on an illustration in the medieval manuscript Les Très Riches Heures du Duc de Berry; and there's a faintly discernible French slant to some of the cinema-themed attractions in Walt Disney Studios. Otherwise, that's about it and the food throughout the resort is almost all Stateside fare. That said, the commentaries or scripts in the more theatrical attractions are almost always in French, though there are sometimes disappointing translated summaries displayed on a caption board, and, in the most audience-focused attractions, you'll always find an English-language headset to don.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Disneyland Paris - Walt Disney Studios Park.

by Jerelis Written Oct 11, 2011
    Getting hit by a meteor.

During our first two days of our stay in Disneyland Paris we didn't visit this part of the park, so at day three it was about time to enter and enjoy Walt Disney Studios Park. After enjoying a parade at the entrance I was thrilled to enter the "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith", a terrifyingly fast, corkscrew-looping, Metal-playing white-knuckler. But it is also fun to focus on what Disney was and is still renowned for – animation. We tried our hands at drawing and we were part of the audience. Besides that some special-effects and stunt shows were very impressive.

Finally we also took the Studio Tram Tour, which is an atmospheric ride on the studio tram. We drove through the catastrophe canyon fire and floods, followed by a ride through the streets of London in ruins and ending with scenes from the stunt show. It is a must do!

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Disneyland Paris - Birthday party of Iris.

by Jerelis Written Oct 11, 2011

Tigger delivered the birthday cake.

Before I booked the trip to Disneyland Paris with my kids I realized that my daughter Iris had her birthday right at the time we were there. So tell me ... how could I not arrange this magical way to enjoy her big day? So I booked the birthday cake for Iris. Please note: When you arrive at your hotel or in the Disney Parks, please reserve your birthday cake for a specific time and place (subject to restaurant's capacity)!

But anyway we join our host, Pat E. Cake, for a happy, fun-filled celebration featuring music, merriment, laughter and cake decorating — with a special appearance by Mickey and Minnie Mouse and all their Disney friends. This is so worth it, it's amazing and Iris loved it so much. She got to spend time with lots of Disney characters all to herselves to take many pictures, recieve autographs et cetera. Onbe word for this ... fantasic. We ate the birthday included a drink with diner and sang happy birthday. We had ours in Mickeys diner and had a fantastic holiday and this just made our day!

• Singles

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Disneyland Paris - The ultimate parade.

Magical moments.

The main "Wonderful World of Disney" Parade happens every day at 4pm and lasts for half an hour. This is not a bad time to make for the most popular rides, but if you have kids like I do they will no doubt force you to press against the barriers for the ultimate Disney event. One of the best vantage spots is on the queuing ramp for It's a Small World, right by the gates through which the floats appear. From here, the parade progresses, very slowly, to Town Square. The best seating is in front of the Fantasyland Castle, one of the points where the floats stop and the characters put on a performance. The parade floats represent all the top box-office Disney movies – Dumbo, Snow White, Cinderella, Pinocchio, The Jungle Book, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Hercules, with Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck making an appearance. Everyone waves and smiles, and characters on foot shake hands with the kids who've managed to get to the front.

• Music

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Disneyland Paris - The shows.

Setting of

Disneyland Paris offers a lot of shows to visit and they are worth while. My favorite was the Tarzan Encounter, a jungle themed show in the Chaparral Theatre. This show is a half hour acrobatic musical of the Disney Tarzan story. There are some similarities to Tarzan Rocks, but The Encounter is different. In Tarzan Rocks the acrobatics are on roller blades and the show is longer. In The Encounter the show is acrobatic dancing (without wheels) into which the discovery of the baby, a little of Tarzan's life, the encounter with the Porter expedition, and a musical score (mostly in French) is interwoven.

We also visited the show "Winnie the Pooh and Friends, too". We witnessed all of Christopher Robin's imaginary universe in the setting of "One Hundred Acre Wood". Through the show, we reliveD the thousand and one adventures of Winnie the Pooh, surrounded by all his friends, in search of his favourite treat, honey.

• ardnas67's Profile Photo

meet Donald Duck

by ardnas67 Written Nov 4, 2008
    a little impression

Our second visite on Disneyland in Paris. A few new attractions, and still very nice for a day or three. One day in the studios, one day in the Disneyworld and the last day to go what you want to see or do again.

• Muarrij's Profile Photo

Not quite Florida - but almost the next best thing

by Muarrij Written Feb 12, 2007

Disney Land Paris, is probably dissappointing if you have been to any of the other Disney Resorts in the USA. You simply cannot compare it to the larger and more exciting developments across the pond. However, having said that Disney Land Paris still provides a fun packed day with kids. I went in 2002 with my friend who was originally going to take his misses, but as it turned out she couldnt go - so he took me instead! What fun!

• School Holidays

• eksploratorki's Profile Photo

Even if you hate Mickey Mouse....

by eksploratorki Updated Jun 8, 2006
    Hmm, I thought I knew who my husband was....

For those, who do not believe that one can hate Mickey Mouse, here's the explanation - Maja used to work there.... but after couple of years, beside the heavy rain in the middle of the day, the visit was pleasure for the both of us, especially Phantom Manor, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and more....go and see for yourself.
    And have fun.

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo

by Fam.Rauca Updated Nov 16, 2005

Disneyland Paris, the fairy-tale palace

Marne-la-Vallee

Disneyland Paris is an artificial leisure time paradise for all children.
    This known enjoyment installation is placed 32 km from Paris off and has a size of 1950 ah.
    In the middle of this magic country, you can see the fairy-tale palace.
    This magic empire has four provinces:
    Adventure land
    Fantasyland
    Frontier land
    Discovery land
    The children, but also the adults, can have much fun here.
    The temples of the death of Indiana Jones
    The adventures' playground Pirates' Beach
    The Aqua shows Crescendo
    The Disney's Parade around the world
    The Electrical Parade with millions little lamps
    In numerous stores, all is to be had, which belong to the Disney universe.
    Many restaurants, cafes and hotels, are placed here.
    It is a whole panorama of American architecture, with an in period style dressed up personnel.
    The visitors wander here like in film scenery.

• Yijie's Profile Photo

Let's go to Disneyland Park!

by Yijie Updated Jun 24, 2005
    Me & the Beanstalk

If you are coming to Paris, you can't miss going to Disneyland Park. Stepping in, you will enter into a world of its own. Elaborate and realistic architecture/surroundings can be found in every land of Disneyland park. (Adventureland, Discoveryland, etc.) The coaster rides here are entertaining, but not really thrilling since they have to take into safety considerations for children. Nevertheless, every kid will love it here.

• neilward's Profile Photo

Not after lunch !!!!

by neilward Written Oct 19, 2004

Billy and Charlie wanted to go on this ride,Space Mountain I think it was called,I had to look after Sam !!!!!!
    20 minutes later,out they came,Charlie looked ok,but Billy looked iffy,but suggested I`d like it !!!!
    So off we go,the rides in complete darkness,and bloody fast !!!Twisting though 360 degrees,as the ride finished the assistants asked if we wanted to go again,fooloisly we all said YEAH!!!!!
    What a mistaka to makea !!!!
    We were all feeling rough as hell as we slowly walked from the ride back to find some shade and lie down for a while.........
    Good fun though !!!!!....................

• neilward's Profile Photo

Bonjour Mickey

by neilward Written Oct 19, 2004

Our campsite was only an hour from here,so off we went,very well signposted from the roads.
    The first thing I noticed was the size of the place,immense,plenty of car parking,which you have to pay for.
    The whole complex is kept immaculately clean,really spotless,which was a lovely suprise,I dont like to run UK down,but I couldnt imagine any of our amusement parks kept this clean.
    The heat was incredible,over high30`s,plenty of water drinking facilities,and some sort of water spray which was HEAVEN if only for 5 minutes.

• Helga67's Profile Photo

A happy place for young and old

by Helga67 Written Dec 28, 2003

Disneyland Paris

If you have some extra time, do visit Disneyland Paris. It can easily be reached by public transportation. Take the train RER A towards Marne-la-Vallee.

There are two parks: Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios. To see it all, you will need 3 to 4 days.

Find out more on their website and watch my travelogue of my last visit to the park.

• vivimero's Profile Photo

My small journal

by vivimero Written May 11, 2003

27th April

On a sunday Paris is like a desert. Shops are closed and people are probably away for the week-end, we woke up early to go to the Gare du Nord to ask about the TGV to Bruxelles and we were astonished because of the price. It costs less to take a flight from Milano…. 127 € each…absolutely a nonsense even if I really wanted to see Sergio and Giusi.
    So, I convinced Paolo to go to Eurodisney, at least there it was full of people not like in Paris. But what had I done…gee, I decided to go to the STUDIOS and not to the PARC because I was already there. Is not boring but is not the same thing either. We went to see the ARMAGEDDON exhibition with special effects ( a long qeue but..uhm..it was better Back to the FUTURE in Los Angeles at the Universal Studios..), the rollercoaster in the dark with the music of AEROSMITH…LOOPS, I got quite scary and the photo that they took of us was incredibly ugly as I was fat, ugly and with a strange expression in my face for the shock and the fear to lose my purse during the loops. We went to see a show with all the Disney caracthers and to see the STUNTS show that helped us to learn all the tricks of the cars in movies.When we could, we switched to the parc and went to see PIRATES of CARIBBEAN and Small World, then we queued for the star rollercoaster but I got scary when I was coming closer…Paolo didn’t want to go without me.
    We had dinner at TGI’ friday in Blvd des Italiennes. Enchillada. Too much cheese. I left it all because I want to lose weight.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Disneyland, Parisian style

by Sharrie Written Feb 25, 2003

Disneyland, Parisian-style?!

It felt different in this part of the world... I don't quite know how to describe but I felt happiest when I was in Disneyworld, Orlando. Most people seemed to enjoy their time; American adults can be childlike whenever they'd like to. But, the French is slightly different... culture does play a part, I suppose?

Instant Answers: Paris