Angelina, Paris

226 Rue de Rivoli +33 1 42 60 82 00

• Angelina
    by virtualtanielle
  • Angelina Salon de Thé, Hot Chocolate, Paris, 07/08
    Angelina Salon de Thé, Hot Chocolate,...
    by von.otter
  • Angelina
    by virtualtanielle
  • odysseus_23's Profile Photo

Angelina's: is chocolate better than sex?

by odysseus_23 Updated Apr 30, 2008

well, the title is sure to create a headache for me, but it sure can't rival the buzz that THAT sinful concoction cafe Angelina on Rue de Rivoli serves. wanted to really call the topic choc-orga..., but well felt that it would cause a serious headache, firstly coz les femmes would agree and then les hommes would disagree.. and the world would of course spin on its routine axis!!
    anyhoo, THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE BEST CHOCOLAT!!-now if they only served Johnny Depp with it...it (le chocolat-besides of course cher Johnny)gives you the most divine sugar high followed by a seriously decadent crash that just makes you want to loll around.i can't even post my picture.. coz i really look so blissful that even i feel guilty.
    the place should be declared a gastronomique pilgrimage site.. the staff was incredibly pleasant and helpful, the place is within a 10 min walk of the louvre, can u imagine-da vinci, botticelli,carravaggio, rembrandt, .....and angelina's !!!!
    hmm, when am i returning to la Paris again???
    c'est l'Amour de la cite

Favorite Dish: CHOCOLAT CHOCOLAT CHOCOLAT-the rest ain't 2 bad either, but really-the CHOCOLAT ANGELINA-that's what its called

• Angelina: Best Hot Chocolate Ever!

by rebnnix Written Jan 11, 2008

After reading everything about this place, we couldn't wait to give it a try. We weren't disappointed. The hot chocolate truly is to die for. It was such a lovely respite from the hustle and bustle outisde also.

Favorite Dish: Hot Chocolate! Rich, creamy, decadent- it even feels like a splurge!

• Angelina: Slightly overrated....

by warsash29 Written Nov 6, 2006

After reading tons of reviews about the legendary hot chocolate at Angelinas, I knew I had to go there and try it for myself with hubby. The line was pretty short (lucky for us as when we passed by again the next day the line was 5 times as long!!) and we got seated quickly. We debated for ages whether to order 2 hot chocolates or share one. Finally, we ordered 2 hot chocolates and a mont blanc. The hot chocolate was brought in a pitcher type thing with whipped cream. To be honest I've had better hot chocolate elsewhere, like in Spain. Yes it tastes like melted chocolate bars, but not milk chocolate (which is MY favorite) but more like DARK chocolate. The drink was very rich and slightly bitter. The serving for 2 gives you 2 tea cups full per person - way too much. We wished we had only ordered 1 serving - too rich to finish. The Mont Blanc however was to die for! I wish we had ordered just that without the hot chocolate so we could have enjoyed it better. One mont blanc will easily serve two - especially if you're getting the hot chocolate also. we didnt finish it because we had become overwhelmed by the hot chocolate - shame. So go experience it because it is a really nice place, but for heaven's sake, just order 1 serving of hot chocolate and see if you like it first - you can always order more if you love it!

Hot chocolate Mont Blanc

• Angelina: Don't Miss the Best Chocolate in Paris

by Aamoss Written Aug 15, 2006

I was referred to Angelina's for the best chocolate in Paris. Angelina's is not only the best for chocolate it also has great food. We stopped in for lunch and the food was delicious. The hot chocolate is to die for.

Favorite Dish: I had the veal which was very tender and had a great taste.

• Angelina: Lovely restaurant but....

by southgator Written Jul 4, 2006

I read and heard so many great things about the hot chocolate here. It was near our hotel so we stopped in late in the afternoon. Lovely atmosphere, but sorry.........I did not like the hot chocolate africains. It was not sweet enough for me and almost had a mocha taste to it. However, my grandson drank it and loved it. Just a matter of taste! The pastries were to die for and service excellent. Also no air conditioning on a very hot day.

• fossettes's Profile Photo

Angelina: Can there possibly be too much chocolate?

by fossettes Written Apr 3, 2006

There are many places in Paris said to have the best chocolat chaud (hot chocolate). My girlfriend's favorite is Lenôtre, specifiacally the location on Rue Cler. Another loves the chocolat served at her corner cafe. But for me, and a lot of others, the best, most decedant chocolat chaud served in Paris as at Agelina.

First, the room is charming in a shabby chic sort of way, after all it's been keeping Parisiens and visitors happy since 1903. And it's the whole experience of the service. What makes their chocolat different? The chocolate tastes as if it was just melted (or concocted) as it was brought to your table. It is rich and velvety beyond compare. It is accompanied by a pitcher of whipped (unsweetened) cream. Then you play mad chemist (or chocoholic) and make your mixture. You won't forget it!

I have enjoyed the chocolat chaud at any time of day. As a start to a busy day early in the morning to with croissants, for lunch, after enjoying a delicious quiche Lorraine, and in the afternoon, after a chilly walk in the nearby Tuilleries. There is often a line here, which should tell you soething!

If you LOVE chocolate, make the time to include Angelina in your plans...you won't be sorry!

Favorite Dish: In case you couldn't figure it out, my favorite "dish" here is the chocolat chaud!

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Angelina: Chocolate to die for! *1e

by shrimp56 Updated Apr 3, 2006

I had heard so much about Angelina's that by the time I got there I was underwhelmed. The surrounding seemed a bit worn and the service was far from solicitous. I was not up for the hot chocolate, needing, as I did, a caffeine jolt, but I did taste my companions -- it certainly is rich and yummy -- but a whole cup? We had between us the pictured "Mont Blanc", a whipped cream concoction covered in chestnut paste [MUCH too sweet for me ...] and the madeline [dry] I WANTED to love Angelina's, but I didn't.

Mont Blanc & Madeleine

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

Angelina: Lives up to its Reputation - Fabulous!

by Albernfrau Written Jan 21, 2006

Angelina's is as great as everyone says it is. Eating there was the highlight of my trip. Although there can be a line it moves quickly. The menu is fabulous as there is so much to choose from. The service is wonderful and the decor is beautiful.

Favorite Dish: Boeuf, bernaise, gratin

or the chocolate buns
    or the chocolate ...

Favorite Dish: the CHOCOLATE

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Angelina
3.5 out of 5 stars