Boulangerie Paul, Paris

Also at CDG T2 F
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Boulangerie Paul: breads, croissants Paul

by gwened Updated Jun 8, 2014

This is a chain now in France(even at the airports) and abroad, its a fast food a la Francaise, with formule sandwiches and light meals upstairs at the rue tronchet les tortues location. its always very fresh and pack because its good, the area off the haussmann and near the grand magasins and madeleine up the road is grand.

I believe it has the best ambiance of them all, it was on my pathway to work every day in Paris and whether it was to carry something to the office or pickup to bring home at the end of the day it was always glorious.

a bit of history
    stores started in 1889, from a line of agricultural people, one Charlemagne Mayot open the first store in the rue de la Mackellerie at Croix near Lille , and it never stop growing after ward.

Then I have stumbled upon them at the airports, great way to have something good to eat on your Farewell from France.

Favorite Dish: pain au chocolat and croissants but also almonds goodies, delicious and always fresh.

boulangerie Paul Tronchet aux Tortues Also at CDG T2 F CDG T2F by gate F27 CDG T2F by area 3

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Boulangerie Paul: Yummy croissants

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 25, 2013

We were walking around the Marias area and wanted a little something to snack on before dinner as it would be another 3 hours before we'd be seating down for a meal, so when we happened upon Paul's Boulongarie we decided to see what we could find. I was specifically looking to have a chocolate croissant and I wasn't disappointed.

The enticing cases drew us in with a huge selection of items. This is a French Chain as I learned later on with over 34 locations, but that didn't dimish the excellent food items and service.

One of the things I did like about Paul's was the large selection of sandwiches, macroons, tarts and of course croissants.

There were quite a few people waiting to order, but the line moved quite quickly. We perused the casings and decided to have a choclate croissants. I must admit that the chocolate croissants in Paris are always better than the ones back home.

There is seating available inside to enjoy your selection or take your order to go. They also have an assortment of teas, hot chocolate and coffee.

We ordered our croissant to go and enjoyed it while wandering around the Marias and enjoying the wonderful weather.

Favorite Dish: They carry a very large selection of items from an assortment of sandwiches on their baguettes, to macroons, tarts and other sweets as well as croissants especially their delicious chocolate croissants.

An assortment of items Macroons Wow, yum!~ Croissants The store front

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Paul's Boulangerie: Fantastic hot chocolate

by Beausoleil Updated Sep 17, 2010

You can get a lovely breakfast at Paul's on rue de Seine at the corner of rue de Buci. It's a patisserie and you can certainly get delightful pastries and breads there but they also have full breakfasts and their hot chocolate is to die for. The pastries are incredible and it's got a bit of Paris ambience. We nearly always breakfast there.

Paul's is a chain and we've visited a few of them but the one on rue de Buci in the St. Germain district is the best. It's a real sit-down, utterly charming restaurant. There is one older woman waitress who is a bit moody and on her down days, she's not fun, but the others are great and she isn't always in her "mood." We absolutely love it. If you speak French it garners points with the grumpy one. LOL

If you're set on a good late breakfast though, try Paul's.

Update: There seem to be Paul's all over the place now. There are even two in St. Pancras Station in London. We've tried quite a few of them (in the name of research) and our favorite is still the one on rue de Buci in the St. Germain district of Paris.

Favorite Dish: In all honesty, we go to Paul's for the hot chocolate. I am a coffee drinker and my husband is not. He found the hot chocolate and Paul's is the only place I order it. It is incredibly thick and rich, almost like hot chocolate pudding in the US.

They have several breakfast menus on offer from the usual croissant and coffee to a pretty full breakfast with eggs. You may choose a pastry from the shop although there are so many and they are all beautiful that it is difficult to choose. I usually let the waitress choose for me and I've never regretted it.

Regarding the price below, you can get a basic breakfast for well under 10 euros but if you order a large breakfast the $11-20 bracket is probably most accurate.

Late morning at Paul's: who ate the pastries? Blvd. St. Germain near the patisserie
    • Business Travel

• maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Paul: Chain Boulangerie/Pattiserie

by maestrousmc Written Mar 27, 2008

Paul is a network of boulangeries/pattiseries throughout France. We stopped into the location on the corner of Rue de Rivoli and r. du Temple for breakfast -- with 34 locations throughout Paris alone it's quite possible that you'll come across one. As a matter of fact, I saw a couple in CDG terminal two. But don't let this commercial institution fool you as what could possibly be among some of the best bread I've had in Paris is sold here. Induldge in the viennoiseries and pastries. (I had an exquisite pistachio macaron on the way out).

Breakfast of orange juice, flute w/ butter and jam, and coffee was about 7 euros.

Friendly, quick, efficient service.

• Paul: Great quiche!

by ponyperson Written May 24, 2006

Although they have a sit-down section, I frequented the small chain of Paul bakeries when I wanted a quick bite to eat that could serve as a picnic. The food isn't cheap but the quality is excellent, and for Paris the prices aren't at all bad. Be prepared for lines at the to-go bakery counter during major meal times, though. Service can vary, especially as it can be difficult to hear in the crowded room and bakery attendants can get a little frustrated if your French isn't cutting it (although many of them speak English).

Favorite Dish: While you can't beat the eclairs, croissants, and macarons (a cookie that's crispy on the outside and kind of chewy on the inside), I love Paul for the quiche lorraine. It's absolutely incredibly delicious, relatively cheap ($3.50 and can serve as a good lunch), and easy to take as a picnic lunch to your favorite "place" or spot on the Seine.

• Diana75's Profile Photo

Paul Boulangerie: PAUL – The master of quiche-lorrain

by Diana75 Updated Feb 24, 2006

I have to admit that I had no idea about what quiche-lorrain means (or better tastes) before going to Paris.
    But now thinking back... hmmm... how much I'd like to taste another one.
    A ham, cheese and eggs pie, the best quiche-lorrain I've eaten in Paris was the one bought from Paul Boulangerie.
    A famous French brand, Paul is offering a wide range of pastry, different types of bread, sandwiches and sweets.
    Certainly not a thing to be missed in Paris...

Prices :
    Quiche-lorrain - EUR 2.85
    Cheese and Ham Sandwich - EUR 4.5

Paul Boulangerie

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Paul Bakery & Patisserie: Paul Bakery & Patisserie

by sue_stone Written Jan 3, 2006

Paul is a chain of French Patisseries that are scattered over Paris….along with many other parts of France and further a field as well. If you aren't familiar with Paul then you really should be - if you have a sweet tooth you won't regret it!!

The appeal of Paul to me is their fabulous window displays filled with various fresh baked breads and patisserie. They also have a big range of Macaroons. It is hard to walk buy without wanting to buy a treat or two.

Having resisted it for so long we eventually caved in one afternoon and popped into a branch on Rue Rivoli for afternoon tea. This branch has a counter area downstairs with some seating and a larger seating area upstairs.

Favorite Dish: We popped upstairs for our snack. Decided that we couldn't fit in one of the tasty sounding sandwiches or salads on the menu and just stuck to a coffee and a cake - I had a lemon tart and Alex had a something equally delicious.

relaxing at Paul