Brasserie Mollard, Paris

2.5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

115, rue Saint-Lazare 75008 Paris 01 43 87 55 62

• Brasserie Mollard: Go Here to Be Snubbed

by beckhart Written Dec 2, 2010

It was our last night in Paris. We would be leaving early the next morning so we went somewhere within walking distance of our hotel, the Concorde Opera on Saint Lazare.

It was November, and 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside. When we came in the hostess, who was obviously in pain from wearing ridiculously high-heeled shoes, hobbled over to us, and asked to take our coats. My husband parted with his. I told her I wasn't ready to part with mine. She looked annoyed.

She seated us, then some Guido-looking type of guy came to speak with us; our maitre 'd, I assume. He never smiled and just routinely went through the motions.

Our order was eventually taken after we further inconvenienced the waiter by asking for an English menu; clearly an oversight on his part to begin with.

My husband ordered Alaska flambe for dessert. The waiter lit it up, then told my husband to blow it out himself, as he walked away. I ordered chocolate ice cream. It came served as 3 little balls in a bowl with a cookie. I ate two of them, gave one to my husband and left the cookie. When the waiter came to clear our dishes, he looked into my dessert bowl, and made some expression of surprise. I have no idea why.

I love to observe people and situations going on around me. At one point, I caught the hostess casting a look and giving a whisper across the room, to a young waiter. It appeared very suggestive. I imagined that they were making after-hour plans.

I also observed our maitre 'd breaking into a warm smile, and shaking hands with the men, when two groups of older, French couples prepared to leave. He clearly liked them and wanted them to come back.

I predicted that we wouldn't get the same treatment. When we got up to leave, I took my time, put on my coat, put on my gloves...nobody came. The maitre 'd turned his back.

When we left, my husband gave the hostess a nice tip in return for getting his coat back. She smiled.

Favorite Dish: The French onion soup was the best I have ever had. My mom is a big fan of this soup. I'd love to take her there just to have it. Maybe by then I'll forget about the rude service.

Clearly the chef in this restaurant has a different idea about what "medium" means when preparing a steak. This request was obviously ignored because my steak arrived red, squishy, and still bloody but I was scared to return it and was in denial about our last dinner in Paris being less than perfect.

• Brasserie Mollard: don't go there

by Saramanz Written Apr 23, 2008

Just to give you a bit of feedback,

We decided to pick your restaurant to have seafood for my birthday on Monday night 21APRIL08.

Arrival: no one to greet us, we wait for a few minutes before we get some attention. A lady comes to pick up our coats while arguing with one of your staff about some change. First impression we have: rude and not professional.

During the meal: after we are seated and choose what we are going to eat, we wait a good 15 minutes to get someone to take our orders. The restaurant is far from being full. We have the feeling that the staff really don’t care. We give ourselves 5 minutes or we leave, at that point someone comes.

The 2 water glasses on the table are dirty, which is worrying after what we experience so far from the restaurant. We place them on the table next to us. No one notices until about half an hour later and then the waiter place them on another table for others.
    The wine arrives, the bottle is placed on the bucket next to us, no request to taste the wine…we have to do the service ourselves otherwise we don’t drink. the staff looks like they are just out of a funeral, just depressing.

Anyway, we decide this is not going to spoil the rest of our evening! We order a seafood plateau. When it arrives the mayonnaise looks sweaty…I witness the waiter gives the bread from guests that just left to another table. Is this hygienic?

We wonder if they are going to do the same for the table not so far from us who didn’t finish their seafood plateau.
    Bizarrely enough, the waiter goes outside with the half empty plateau where all the seafood is displayed.

we don't want to sound negative so we just pray for that same food not to be on our plateau! that would be wrong, right?

We wait another 15 minutes for the food to arrive (does it take such a long time to place a few shells on a plate??)

The profiterole desert was good, that’s the only think we enjoyed if you can call it like that.

The bill comes to 127.75 EUROS. And it included service!

The reason why I decide to write is because I woke up in the middle of the night vomiting the whole meal, as I suspect the sea snails were completely passed. My partner didn’t have any. Or something else went wrong..

All in all, I am very unhappy about that restaurant: the service was appalling, the hygiene was shocking and it was just the worst I have seen...just gutted!

Mollard (if you don’t know what it means in French) is just the name that describes the restaurant: a very nasty spit full of flegme! don't go there!

• Brasserie Mollard: Every thing bad about French service...!

by GMARANZANA Written Feb 18, 2008

A glorious place with a glorious past but.....!
    A national monument and tresor with an unbelievable decor wasted and gone bad!
    The decor and oysters would be worth a trip from Mars if they would not be spoiled by the bad value-for money and the disgracefull service this place has to offer.
    Waiting time is always long, staff always in a bad mood and friendlyness only available at the front door when you come in and leave thanks to the good looks, charm and warm greetings extended to you by the young hostess. The rest of the experience is usually a nightmare come true of what you think about how bad French service can be....

Favorite Dish: Oysters...not much that can go wrong if they are fresh which they really are.

• Gokcecicek's Profile Photo

Brasserie Mollard: Monsieur et Madame MOLLARD

by Gokcecicek Written Nov 16, 2003

We had a appointment with a friend of my boyfriend in Opera District and it was the last day before we return to Turkey. I was very sad that we would leave the day after because I adored the taste of "fruits de la mer" (I wish it is written like this) which does not exist in that variety at Turkish fish markets. So after a cup of coffee with that friend, my boyfriend and I decided to go to the closest "nice" restaurant which was Brasserie Mollard. I was impressed by the internal decoration because I suddenly felt in the 19th century. The brasserie is founded in 1867. However, famous architect Edouard Niermans in 1895, called on some Italian mosaic artists, to create original patterns representing allegorical characters and scenes from late 19th-century life.

Favorite Dish: I had a bowl of mussels (soup with onions, persil, white wine etc.) and a big plate of shells. The meal was absolutely delicious.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Brasserie Mollard
4.0 out of 5 stars