Café Jacquemart-André, Paris

158, boulevard Haussmann 75008 Paris. 33 1 45 62 11 59.

Musée Jacquemart-André
  • ExGuyParis's Profile Photo

Café Jacquemart-André: Eat in Art

by ExGuyParis Updated Oct 19, 2012

Food, Glorious Food

One of the most beautiful settings of any restaurant in Paris. Here you dine in the dining room of Edouard André and Nélie Jacquemart's beautiful mansion, now a museum featuring their remarkable art collection. The restaurant is open for lunch and afternoon tea. The lunches are light, with a large choice of interesting salads, a daily quiche, and a daily hot plate (you can have a full-meal salad for as little as € 9.50). The dessert pasteries are outstanding. Lunch is served from 11h30 to 15h00, and afternoon tea runs from 15h00 to 17h30. There is also a Sunday Brunch. The hostess is charming, and speaks a bunch of languages (Italian, French, English, ...)

You will find yourself staring at the incredible tapestries and the painted ceiling (look for the monkey's tail!). You enter the café through the museum gift shop. Don't wait in the (sometimes long) line of individuals and groups waiting to buy museum tickets. Enter the passageway from the street, walk on the right (bypassing the line) to the gift shop doors, go in, turn right, and immediately back outside to the right. Walk up the gravel drive, and enter the mansion. The restaurant is immediately to your right. There may be a line at the restaurant but it moves fast.

It is hard to find such a spectacular decor for such a reasonable price. If you want to combine dining with a visit to the museum, it's worth it. (See the description in my "off the beaten path" section.)

Favorite Dish: Any and every dessert-- fantastic. The salad with chicken, greens, fruit... awesome. Great food, great ambiance... one of those Parisian gems!

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

Musée Jacquemart-André: Tea in a Museum Setting

by BeatChick Updated Jan 6, 2008

Mus��e Jacquemart-Andr��

I tried a light snack at the Café Jacquemart-Andre. How elegant to have an afternoon tea of raspberry sorbet and sip a pot of tea in such a grand setting! I wanted to take a photo in the café but it is verboten so I stole a few while passing through the museum (hence the oddly-angled ceiling shot).

I have to thank VT member aussiedoug for pointing me the way to this fabulous place!

Set Lunch - 16.50€
    Quiche, salad & pastry
    Afternoon Tea - 9€
    Includes pastry or sorbet and a pot of tea
    Brunch - 26€
    Served Sundays from 11am-3pm; includes coffee, tea or hot chocolate, fresh-squeezed o.j., baked goods, poached eggs, blinis with smoked salmon, salad, dessert.

Photo: February 2006

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Cafe Jacquemart-Andre: Fruit Tart to Die For!!!

by aussiedoug Updated Dec 14, 2003

Jacquemart Andre front

Visting Musee Jacquemart Andre is worthwhile in its own right, but little did I suspect what a treat was in store for me (& that my friends is a classic piece of understatement!). Our group had a late-ish morning tea there after doing in an interesting audio tour of this delightfully interesting museum.

Favorite Dish: Any of the fruit tarts would have been, but I had to settle for one didn't I. Yes unfortunately dear reader one only pour moi! Because after all I didn't want to put on the extra 2-3 kilograms that the guide books warned I would from eating the rich food of Paris. But, to the point (at last you say!), it had to be framboise (raspberry) the fruit we don't get good quality at home, but they do in France and I fell in love with it. Absolutely delicious it was and I wish I could go back another 3 or 4 times to try the other ones!

Instant Answers: Paris