Café des Deux Moulins, Paris

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Café des Deux Moulins: Montmartre Starting Point

by pieter_jan_v Updated Nov 5, 2011

Caf�� des Deux Moulins - Interior

Café des Deux Moulins is a good starting point for a slow walk up the Montmartre hill.
    The café is known as one of the sets from the movie Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain. Some pictures on the wall show scenes from the movie.

Enjoy an early breakfast here and walk the hill clockwise to the top via the lesser steep streets.

We enjoyed a typical croissant and coffee/tea breakfast here.

• fairestmom's Profile Photo

Café des Deux Moulins: Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrive!

by fairestmom Updated Jul 16, 2007

Cafe de deux Moulin - nighttime view

We walked from Chez Eugene at Place du Tertre all the way to Clichy Boulevard so we could see the Moulin Rouge and take some pictures. After this we were all starving and we just happened to walk by the Cafe de deux Moulin and decided to stop in.

We were thrilled to find that on this particular night the first bottles of the 2003 Beaujolais Nouveau could be served. Traditionally each year the new Beaujolais wines are available for consumption on the 3rd Thursday of November. How lucky could we get! We finished 2 bottles during our dinner.

It was nighttime when we visited this place so I remember it being charming. Anyway, it is an old building and it can't be perfect. Our server lady was quite pleasant and the service was good.

Favorite Dish: The meal we had was really great. Our friend Roderick had been wanting to try the Cocovan there so that's what he ordered for us. For appetizer we had a wonderful pumpkin soup and the Cocovan is a chicken and potatoes dish served with a sauce. We shared a creme broulee for dessert. It was sooo delicious I could have eaten 3 all by myself.

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

Caf? des Deux Moulins: Amelie!!! Amelie!!! Amelie!!!

by Albernfrau Written Jan 21, 2006

We came here of course because it was the main set for the movie Amelie! Yes, it does look a little different than in the movie but essentially it is the same. I was sooooo excited to eat here!!! If you are a fan of the movie you have to go. The only thing was it was packed with people. I also wanted to take more photos but I didn't want to annoy people so the photos on the inside were limited. Outside though I took lots! The food was good too.

Favorite Dish: Creme Broulee is named after Amelie so you have to have it!

• Voyageuse30's Profile Photo

Café des Deux Moulins: Amelie's cafe

by Voyageuse30 Updated Jun 26, 2005

Inside Cafe des Deux Moulins, Paris

The menu and service here is quite good. I particularly liked the 50's-ish decor. I had a typical Croque Madame sandwich and a salad and it was great.

This cafe doesn't look exactly like it did in the film "Amelie" but it's certainly recognizable. Besides the people who work there, I don't think there were actually any French people in there at the time, just tourists, which is funny considering that several years have passed since that movie came out. I was glad I went, though, because I loved that film and I had to see this place for myself.

• gaechka's Profile Photo

Famose place: Cafe Des 2 Moulins (Ameli's Cafe)

by gaechka Updated Jan 14, 2005
    inside of cafe

i dont remember well, cause u knows...Paris...wines... so, inside of Cae looks nothing special, but BAR lokks cool! Also, there was sweetheart little black girl(maybe 6y/o), who starded to kiss me and to say, that she love me...hehehe

• Café des Deux Moulins: Amelie's workplace

by ilya74 Updated Jul 27, 2003

Caf�� des Deux Moulins

This is the cafe from "Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0211915)
    In the movie it looks infinitely better than in real life (surprised?). although the coffee is just as awesome as anywhere else in Paris, the place is very disappointing to be in. Not too clean with some music totally inappropriate (so i think) to the interior.

Favorite Dish: café

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Café des Deux Moulins
4.5 out of 5 stars