Capucine, Paris

• b1bob's Profile Photo

Capucine: Capucine

by b1bob Updated Aug 31, 2006

b1bob and the Capucine ma��tre d'h��tel

This was my first real restaurant experience in Paris. The previous one in France was at a truckstop somewhere along the autoroute as we were coming from Lucerne and at what could be loosely described as our hotel that morning. I was a rising senior at Lee-Davis High School in 1986 and I had 3 years of French. The maître d'hôtel (head waiter, for those of you in Roxboro), was very impressed by my comparative fluency in French that he served us personally. I ordered for my group in French and I ordered escargots for myself. I also had cream puffs for dessert.

Favorite Dish: I had escargot as the entree and cream puffs for dessert. The service and food were great and the ambience wasn't bad either.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Capucine: Excellent food & a great view! *2e

by shrimp56 Updated Jan 5, 2005

We lucked out here as we dined late for lunch. We were escorted to the first floor and given a window table in a slightly elevated alcove.

Favorite Dish: The food was excellent -- the best we ate this trip and the wine wasn't bad either! I had the "sandre" fish filet resting on a bed of spinach. My husband had the farm chicken. We both had the endive salad.

• OrlandoBR's Profile Photo

Capucine: A traditional restaurant on the Grands Boulevards

by OrlandoBR Updated Oct 5, 2003

Les Grands Boulevards

I took the advice of my friend Nat (B1BOB on VT) and found an excellent French restaurant with a nice ambiance, on the Boulevard des Capucines (Grands Boulevards). The place looks the same today as in the 80's, judging by Nat's picture.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Capucine
4.0 out of 5 stars