Chez Clement, Paris

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 26 Reviews

99,bd Gouvion St.Cyr +33 1 45 72 93 00

chez clément daytime St Michel
    by gwened
    night at chez clement capucines
    Chez Clement St Michel
  • gwened's Profile Photo

Chez Clément: Classic French chez Clément

by gwened Updated Feb 25, 2014

Chez Clement St Michel

This has several restos believe 10 in Paris, one in Bougival, ; I like them and try the one in Bougival, and the bd Capucines in Paris, the latest one tried was at Pl Saint André des Arts near St MIchel. We had even celebrated my kids birthdays at Bougival near our old home. However, I worked in Paris nearby so did stop for dinner several times at the Capucines location. The ST Michel is just as good, with belle epoque deco.

Classic French and very good service. Children menus.

the deco is very parisien at Capucines, like a convent. Other like at Bougival is like a mansion or hôtel particulaire fantastics oasis of luxury with excellent prices.St Michel is belle epoque, and the service impeccable.

Favorite Dish: menus from 14,90€ very reasonable at all season.To the menu 32€ around special occasions. I order the steaks here, and house red wine always.
    we went for the all inclusive 35 euros at St Michel, from apéro drink lillet to express coffee with bottle of red blaye bordeaux and half a bottle of alsace rieslings and Evian/Badoit waters. excellent.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Chez Clément: Pots and Pans at Saint Michel

by pieter_jan_v Updated Jul 15, 2013
    Chez Cl��ment

There's a chain of Chez Clément restaurants through Paris; 11 in total.

The one at Place St-André-des-Arts is in the middle of the histir center of the Notre Dame area.
    The terrace even is build around a public potable water fountain.

Fresh food is served.

Plate service from Euro 15,--.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• jenn5179's Profile Photo

Chez Clement: A good chain for seafood and a variety of dishes

by jenn5179 Written Sep 19, 2011

Yes, this is a chain, but we ate at one and the food was very good, the prices were about average and it was possible to get a table on a Saturday night for which we forgot to make reservations....

Favorite Dish: We started off with a seafood platter ~ Oh it was awesome, however, they don't rinse their oysters, so the oysters were EXTREMELY salty!
    But, it was delicious nonetheless!

• Penelope4's Profile Photo

Le Victoria: Chic resto near the Champs d'Elysees

by Penelope4 Updated Sep 18, 2011

The place caters to the upper middle class in my opinion. It is very chic and the waiters are very polite. The dishes are quite nice.

Favorite Dish: I had aiguillettes de poulet, my friend had escalope de veau. Our bill was less than Euro 40.

• Penelope4's Profile Photo

Chez Clement: At the Opera

by Penelope4 Written Sep 14, 2011

I noticed that most of the guests were tourists at the time we went there. I had the impression that the waiter who served us is used to making the customers have their meals at a great speed. That was put bluntly alright but observe it when you go there.

Favorite Dish: The place is known for seafoods. I had a set meal. It was alright. The fish was very good and the soup was also very nice. The dessert was so-so.

• davequ's Profile Photo

Chez Clement: Average

by davequ Updated Apr 4, 2011

I saw all the tips/reviews on Chez Clement and could not resist adding my lowly 2-cents worth.....

I forgot that in late Oct. 2001 I ate here
    (the one on Boulevard Montparnasse - the one on Place St. Michel purportedly is better - at least better looking, but how can a chain of places that serve the same menu be that different from one to the other?). I forgot because, at least when I ate there, it was no big deal, average at best.

OK though for a Paris "non-event" type dinner, and on the plus side it is "affordable" (for Paris) with prix fixe around 28 Euros ($35.48 at exchange rate). Back when I ate there at xchange rate of ~ $0.88 / Euro, it only cost me about 20 bucks so I didn't mind it.

Summary: not bad, average, good for a quick "in&out" dinner when dinner that night is just something to get out of the way (though 40 bucks can be more wisely spent on dinner somewhere else).

Favorite Dish: They specialized at that time in what they called their "Rotisserie Menu" which is kind of like mild barbecued meats.

I made a mistake and had "Beef" rotisserie : Piece of beef, pork spare ribs with honey and spices, crispy chicken. - The seafood entrees are supposed to be much better.

The honey sauce was very mild and can best be described as "so-so." People recommend this place (it's a chain of about 12 restaurants all over Paris) so if you order something different than what I did I hope you might like it.

Ambience was not bad - a few Parisians, but there were lots of tourists.

Here's the menu:
    Chez Clement rotisserie Menu

• Bigjones's Profile Photo

Chez Clement - Champs Elysees: Fine cooking, reasonnable prices

by Bigjones Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is the best restaurant we tried during our week-end in Paris. In comparison to others, the prices were reasonnable (portions are big!) and the food was delicious. We ate outside with view on the "Arc de Triomphe" on the Champs-Elysees but it was also very nice inside (a very original decoration with spoons !). As it's a chain, you can find "Chez Clement" restaurants everywhere in the city (more info on the website) but I don't know if the quality is the same everywhere.

Favorite Dish: I had crepes filled with ham and cheese + artichokes + glass of cider + a piece of blueberry tart as a dessert.

• Chez Clement: Didn't make it to the table! - Worst Service EVER!

by nataliejessica Written Feb 21, 2010

The restaurant advertised continuous service and it was about 3.30pm. We were cold and starving - we waited at the service counter for about 3 minutes. Clearly the manager who was standing at the register was more interested in his accounts and bills than us, because we were completely ignored even though we were standing less than a metre away from him. Eventually a waitress came up to us to show us to our table (after having been ignored by at least 3 others). We then asked for details about the fixed price menu. The manager answered one of our party in a detached, disinterested way. When we asked for further clarification, he was just darn right rude and barked that he had just explained it all to us. We have had great service and friendliness in the past four days, this was the exception. We departed to find frinedlier pastures. And found them: just 100m away is Capucine Cafe where we throughly enjoyed every part of the experience.

• babelic's Profile Photo

Chez Clément: Great food and affordable prices

by babelic Written Sep 6, 2009

I read a tip about this restaurant chain here before our trip so when I saw one close to our hotel I dragged my sister there. We shared a selection of starters as we wanted to try a bit of everything. I liked most of them, but wasn´t impressed with the creme brulee that had bits of foie gras in it. Our main dishes were really good - my sister had duck with foie gras and I had chicken, both came with mashed potatoes which was great. For desert we again shared a selection of the desserts - all very good. Very good service, nice ambience and friendly staff who spoke English.

• Chez Clement Paris: Worst restaurant in the world

by Nevill Written Jul 15, 2008

I dined here on Bastile Day (14th July) 2008. It was the worst meal I have ever eaten anywhere in the world. Locals, who should know better, took us there. They had eaten there on other occasions and thought it good value. Maybe the Chef was on holiday, or drunk, or just not a Chef ! I had Duck Delight, some of it was raw in spite of my asking for medium. The sasuage served with it was also raw. Just awful ! Do not go there. Judging by the other reviews other restaurants in this chain may be good, but not the one that you can see the Arc de Trihump from.

• npratt11's Profile Photo

Chez Clement: Good food, great people!

by npratt11 Written Mar 13, 2008

I read a few things and decided me and my husband would give it a try. We were both pleasantly surprised, the food was great and the people were lovely. I know most would disagree, but we had a very hard time with the people. Maybe because of our rental apartment being in the busy 1st arrondisment, but we had a lot of bad experiences with attitude from locals. My french is almost non-existent, but I did try, at least to ask in french if they spoke english. Well, this place had lovely staff and the food was very well priced and good. Maybe it's decent compared to what people expect from Paris, but the food we both got was delicious and well worth it. We even came here two nights in a row because we felt a little afraid to face a non english speaking local brasserie or cafe.

Favorite Dish: The rotisserie is quite good. For 14.90 euros you get a huge stack of delicious mashed potatoes and a portion or short ribs, chicken and your choce of salmon, beef or duck. The warm chocolate cake with pear sorbet is delicious. We went to both the Opera location, which was huge and very nice inside and also the Champs Elysses location, which the staff was lovely.

• peterd1331's Profile Photo

Chez Clement: Great Typical French Food!

by peterd1331 Written Jul 23, 2007

The food at chez clement was very good, although maybe a bit salty. The restaurant itself was very nice and inviting, and in a great location right next to the arc de triumph. I found the bathrooms very nice too.

Favorite Dish: my favorite dish at Chez Clement was the mashed potatoes. I think they were the best ones i've ever had. The creamy and delicious taste was unmatched!

• Business Travel

• daryll's Profile Photo

Chez Clement: Famous CHEZ CLEMENT!

by daryll Written Nov 23, 2006

Confit Duck

Je ne comprend pas? No problem, Chez Clement provide an English written menu for typical authentic french cuisine. Its famous in Paris for home style cooking and served most traditional french food with an authentic ambience.

Favorite Dish: First course:
    Egg Nicoise Salad - Freshly season mix salad with olive and an egg on a crystal square plate.
    Refreshing

Cost EURO 3

Main Course:
    Duck Confit - is a must at Chez Clement - irresistable, delicious duck sauce made from duck fat, huge portion of homemade mash potato is the best tasted mashed ever.

Cost: EURO 7-8

Grilled Mix Meat - Veal, Steak and Chicken portion grill and also served with brilliant brown sauce and tasty mashed. Fabulicious!

Cost: EURO 7-8

All together plus drink and service charge at EURO 17 per person

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Clément Bastille: Chez Clément : French food

by Luchonda Updated Nov 20, 2006

Chez Cl��ment and Claudia

A very good restaurant, special funiture.
    During the City trip we went twice to this place, located at the Boulevard Beaumarchais
    My opinion:
    This is a separate story, i will tell you all about it later.
    "How to get a pancake flambé and a french digestive" for free !! , orchestrated by Belgian non professional musicians but knowing everyting about eggs and a cat and this all supervised by Claudia - Maitre d'hotel at the restaurant

Favorite Dish: I will tell you later, about the menu and proposed fine French wines, about oisters, about salmon dishes, about desserts

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

Chez Clement: Nice dinner for those on a budget

by Albernfrau Written Jan 21, 2006

So many people had recommended this chain of restaurants as a budget meal option. I have to say that it wasn't incredibly cheap by N.A. standards but by French it was and I tell you I never would have known it was a chain unless someone had told me. The restaurant was wonderful--the service outstanding, the food fabulous and the decor was excellent. This was our "big splurge" for dinner as we are BUDGET travellers. You will also like the restaurant if you want to a lot of choice and perhaps dare I say you can eat something not too "french". I guess I mean you can have a meal where you know what everything is on your plate. For instance I had roast salmon with vegetables and my hubby had the grand rotisserie which included roast duck, chicken, beef and ribs.

Favorite Dish: See description.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Chez Clement
4.0 out of 5 stars