Chez Eugene, Paris

Chez Eugene-Nice location
  • adema29's Profile Photo

Chez Eugene: Good view over Place du Tertre, and nothing else

by adema29 Updated Feb 13, 2014

As almost all of the restaurants in the touristic areas this one is just another "touristic trap".
    With waiters keeping their hands deep in their pockets trying to create somehow a "specific" Parisian atmosphere, food with questionable taste and a cheap wine - high price, it could only give you shelter in a rainy day if you're in the area.

Favorite Dish: My "experience"-Day menu-25,5 Euro:
    -Onion Soup-strange colour, strange taste, some "things" floating inside (probably toast and a kind of omelette) but all very hot to cover all of it.-see the photo.
    -Lamb chops with French Fries-nothing to mention, excepting the fact that instead of three chops they brought me two only. The "pile" of French Fries were probably intended to cover the bad quality of the rest.
    -Profiterole-this one is competing for the worse ones I have ever tried.
    -A glass of red wine "Bordeaux"-4,6 euro/140ml of a reddish liquid having nothing in common with wine.
    Overall impression was that the personnel was sick of having people around the table...to many tourists, isn't it?

Chez Eugene-Nice location Chez Eugene-Onion Soup Profiterole-Chez Eugene Chez Eugene-inside view Chez Eugene-the bill

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Cafe le Zimmer: Quick bite near Chatelet

by Herkbert Written Apr 20, 2013

This was the first place we ate upon arriving in Paris on a rainy afternoon. It's a nice little cafe located near Chatelet Theatre and right around the corner from our hotel. Food was good and reasonably priced.

We stopped back on a later trip to Paris for a glass of wine and some people watching on a sunny day.

Cafe le Zimmer

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Chez Eugene: Looking at the Artists

by gordonilla Updated Nov 5, 2009

This was a visit that was made on a rather wet Saturday evening on the last day of October. It was quite a pleasant abd busy restaurant which has both an indoors and outdoors eating facilities.

The waiting staff have a some what interesting uniform - flat caps, striped trousers, braces and waistcoats.

Good service!

Favorite Dish: I like veal, so would recommend this from the menu!

Entrance Interior 1 Interior 2 Outdoor eating Artwork and Chez Eugene

• fairestmom's Profile Photo

Chez Eugene: A wonderful stopping place on a cool night

by fairestmom Updated Jul 16, 2007

I will speak mostly to the ambience of Chez Eugene as we did not order a full meal here. Amy and I had both gotten chilled to the bone while at the Place du Tertre and we wanted something hot to drink. As we looked around, Chez Eugene looked like a very inviting place so we went in.

We were not disappointed. We sat upstairs and relaxed--enjoying a hot cup of cocoa and taking in the ambience of the place. Our friend Roderick joined us here and overall it was a pleasant experience. Chez Eugene has a fun atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Did not order a meal but we were nevertheless pleased with the service.

inside view of Chez Eugene another inside view

• Chez Eugene: my favourite place to be

by statsinparis Written Sep 21, 2006

I first discovered Chez Eugene on my second trip to Paris. Ever since, I have felt at home there. I love nothing better than to sit outside under the heater in the winter, and to eat my evening meal. The food is always served with a smile, and as I travel alone normally, I can usually depend on conversation with someone or other there. I can taste the steak and peppercorn sauce now, and close my eyes to see the view. I will be going back soon, I have promised myself, and the first meal I have will be at Chez Eugene, in the shadow of the sacred heart, with the artists trying to push their works on me. Then I will be home.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Chez Eugene
3.5 out of 5 stars