Chez Eugene, Paris

• Helga67's Profile Photo

Chez Eugene: Paris in the 19th century

by Helga67 Written Dec 20, 2003

Chez Eugene

Although a real touristy spot, it's a nice place to have lunch or a cup of coffee and some crepes (pancakes). It is located on the famous Place du Tertre, the artiest's square. You can sit outside and enjoy the artiest's works on the square or sit inside and enjoy your lunch in an interior of Paris in the 19th century. Even the waiters are dressed in the proper clothes.
    I was amazed by the quick service.

• AnythingButOrdinary's Profile Photo

Chez Eugene: Don't miss some nice Crepes..

by AnythingButOrdinary Updated Nov 2, 2003

Chez Eugene its a very nice and calm place on the Montmartre where you can spend time drinking cofe or tea with some very nice hot Crepes with Chocolat:) hm,....delicions

Favorite Dish: Crepes are very nice there, tried in other places as well,as to me,at "Chez Eugene" seemed to be very nice ones...

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Café Chez Eugene: A Place to Stop in Montmartre

by lmkluque Updated Aug 27, 2012

An inexpensive, behind the scenes look at Paris

A touristy cafe, but a charming spot to take refreshments after ascending the hundred steps to Sacre Coeur, even if it was by cablecar.

Located behind the Basilique du Sacre Coeur off one of the Artist's Squares, loaded with the lovely creations of local artists, in Montmartre.

This was one of many cafes to choose from. I went to this one because my friends chose it. It was small and a bit crowded but I enjoyed the ambiance and could imagne the time before many of the world's greatest artists had hit stardom.

Favorite Dish: Espresso is all I had here, but others ordered a meal and the food looked delicious and smelled wonderful. If I hadn'd just had lunch, I would order a savory crepe.

A good way to experience as many cafes and restaurants as possible without depleting the pocketbook, is to stop many times for tea or coffee. I do this everywhere I go--even in San Diego--and Paris offers some of the best places to pop into!

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Chez Eugene: Looking at the Artists

by gordonilla Updated Nov 5, 2009

Entrance

This was a visit that was made on a rather wet Saturday evening on the last day of October. It was quite a pleasant abd busy restaurant which has both an indoors and outdoors eating facilities.

The waiting staff have a some what interesting uniform - flat caps, striped trousers, braces and waistcoats.

Good service!

Favorite Dish: I like veal, so would recommend this from the menu!

• Chez Eugene: Place to relax & enjoy

by gogo.m Updated Jun 1, 2004

Situated just behind the magnificant Basilique du Sacre Coeur, in the old - and romantic- part of Montmartre. The atmosphere resembles the one from biographies of the Impressionists at al. A piece of Parisian magic, as far as I am concerned.

Food was very, very good and they have some excellent wines on offer too.

Efficient and, overall, impeccable service with a friendly smile and trustworthy advice.

Favorite Dish: I am not much of an "academic gourmet", so I cannot repeat the full title of the main course. It was veal in a tasty, creamy sauce and it was tender and succulent.

Out of couple of restaurants visited during my stay, this will be the one with fond memories.

• Chez Eugene: my favourite place to be

by statsinparis Written Sep 21, 2006

I first discovered Chez Eugene on my second trip to Paris. Ever since, I have felt at home there. I love nothing better than to sit outside under the heater in the winter, and to eat my evening meal. The food is always served with a smile, and as I travel alone normally, I can usually depend on conversation with someone or other there. I can taste the steak and peppercorn sauce now, and close my eyes to see the view. I will be going back soon, I have promised myself, and the first meal I have will be at Chez Eugene, in the shadow of the sacred heart, with the artists trying to push their works on me. Then I will be home.

• adema29's Profile Photo

Chez Eugene: Good view over Place du Tertre, and nothing else

by adema29 Updated Feb 13, 2014

Chez Eugene-Nice location

As almost all of the restaurants in the touristic areas this one is just another "touristic trap".
    With waiters keeping their hands deep in their pockets trying to create somehow a "specific" Parisian atmosphere, food with questionable taste and a cheap wine - high price, it could only give you shelter in a rainy day if you're in the area.

Favorite Dish: My "experience"-Day menu-25,5 Euro:
    -Onion Soup-strange colour, strange taste, some "things" floating inside (probably toast and a kind of omelette) but all very hot to cover all of it.-see the photo.
    -Lamb chops with French Fries-nothing to mention, excepting the fact that instead of three chops they brought me two only. The "pile" of French Fries were probably intended to cover the bad quality of the rest.
    -Profiterole-this one is competing for the worse ones I have ever tried.
    -A glass of red wine "Bordeaux"-4,6 euro/140ml of a reddish liquid having nothing in common with wine.
    Overall impression was that the personnel was sick of having people around the table...to many tourists, isn't it?

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Cafe le Zimmer: Quick bite near Chatelet

by Herkbert Written Apr 20, 2013

Cafe le Zimmer

This was the first place we ate upon arriving in Paris on a rainy afternoon. It's a nice little cafe located near Chatelet Theatre and right around the corner from our hotel. Food was good and reasonably priced.

We stopped back on a later trip to Paris for a glass of wine and some people watching on a sunny day.

• fairestmom's Profile Photo

Chez Eugene: A wonderful stopping place on a cool night

by fairestmom Updated Jul 16, 2007
    inside view of Chez Eugene

I will speak mostly to the ambience of Chez Eugene as we did not order a full meal here. Amy and I had both gotten chilled to the bone while at the Place du Tertre and we wanted something hot to drink. As we looked around, Chez Eugene looked like a very inviting place so we went in.

We were not disappointed. We sat upstairs and relaxed--enjoying a hot cup of cocoa and taking in the ambience of the place. Our friend Roderick joined us here and overall it was a pleasant experience. Chez Eugene has a fun atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Did not order a meal but we were nevertheless pleased with the service.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Chez Eugene
3.5 out of 5 stars