Chez Marianne, Paris

3.5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

2 Rue des Hospitalières Saint-Gervais, 75004 +33 1 42 72 18 86

Chez Marianne, le Marais, Paris
  • Pastrami, Falafel, Couscous, Meatball, and Pickel
    Pastrami, Falafel, Couscous, Meatball,...
    Chez Marianne, le Marais, Paris
    by ForestqueenNYC
  • chez marianne madrais: You will never forget this place

by garrygood Updated May 31, 2010

food in window looked very enticing , 4 of us came back for dinner next night on 26th may 2010.
    We had the assortment of Mezes. We all got food poisoning.

Favorite Dish: The assortment of Mezes . Why it's going to give you vomiting & diarrhea for a couple of days.

• mpileggi's Profile Photo

Chez Marianne: Great Middle Eastern Food

by mpileggi Written Aug 24, 2007

This place (like l’As du Fallafel) is located right around the corner from where we were staying (32 rue Vieille du Temple). Chez Marianne is a very busy restaurant and has outdoor seating. An enjoyable restaurant, packed with hungry diners. Reservations are not needed.

Favorite Dish: It was drizzling when Louisa and I went there to eat, so we sat inside. We had stopped by the day before to make reservations and the man at the counter said no need to. We arrived and there were just a few empty seats. The restaurant turns their tables quickly, so I understood his comment - people arrived, and left quickly. Chez Marianne serves Middle Eastern and Easter European dishes. Louisa and I ordered mezes (12€ per four mezes) to share. Wow, what wonderful food! We had fallafel, Kefte, hummus, sliced pastrami, tarama, feta cheese, grilled eggplant, olive tapenade, eggplant caviar (the waitress added this to our dish by mistake) and bread. Pita bread was extra, but the bread that was served to us was great: rye and a dark pumpernickle type bread. We shared a small bottle of wine. We walked away stuffed! 18€ per person. Highly recommended.

Assortment of Mezes Assortment of Mezes

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Chez Marianne: CHARMING MIDDLE EASTERN, LE MARAIS

by ForestqueenNYC Updated May 11, 2007

Since arriving in Paris, I have wanted to eat at Chez Marianne. There is always a long line outside and that made me think the food was more than good. Recently I had a chance to try it as it must have been an off day and there was not even anyone eating inside. It is an adorable, charming little restaurant, for sure. The food, as you can see from the photo, is set up in a buffet fashion in the window, but you do not serve yourself. You select 4 or six items on the menu and it is brought to you. I ordered the pastrami, falafel, and couscous. As you will see the meat has a dyed pink color. I have no idea what they did to make it look like that. It was good in spite of the color. Also notice the large pickle. I haven't seen those in France. You usually find those little tiny cornichons. So with a large pickle like that and the pastrami, you could almost think you were in a deli.

The food was good and I would probably go back if I were in the mood for Middle Eastern food and in the neighborhood.

The long line outside, I discovered, is for the take out window.

Chez Marianne, le Marais, Paris Chez Marianne, le Marais, Paris Pastrami, Falafel, Couscous, Meatball, and Pickel Chez Marianne, le Marais, Paris Take Out Window, Chez Marianne, Paris

• Iggy_P's Profile Photo

Chez Marianne: An absolute must when in Le Marais

by Iggy_P Written Jul 3, 2012

Wonderful little Middle Eastern restaurant full of colours and flavours. Varied menu, delicious dishes and reasonable prices. A little jewel at the heart of Le Marais.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Chez Marianne
4.0 out of 5 stars