Cigale, Paris

1 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

11, bis, rue Chomel, Saint-Germain +33 (0)1 45 48 87 87

• La Cigale Recalmier: Bastille Day. So Lucky. A Reservation. Too Bad

by todocs Written Jul 17, 2009

I felt so lucky when the earringed reservation taker said he could do it. The great souffle. What could be better? They seated us immediately. Where were the other people our man had said made this reservation difficult? My wife and I disagree on this. She says the French can be snobby. I think they deserve to be. Not since I ate here. The blonde seemed too busy to talk about my order. She was folding napkins for the guests with the other reservations. The first souffle, Frois Grois was tasteless. I thought the duck was good. My wife, who cooks, said it was supposed to be like that, only better. I thought the chocolate souffle was good. My wife, the one who cooks, said it was supposed to be soft in the middle except they had left it so long it wasn't. Anyone who gives you a ten o'clock reservation shouldn't be cleaning up noisily by eleven. They should serve you the wine. They should offer you coffee. That's what my wife said. Not at La Cigale Recamier. The blonde paid more attention to the change she was counting. My wife said that anyone so fortunate to be able to eat in Paris on Bastille day should be treated better than we were. Too bad we chose this restaurant. It's hard to go wrong in Paris. They cook so well. Too bad for us that they didn't care for us at La Cigale Recamier.

Favorite Dish: The poor service and rudeness spoiled what may have been tasty.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Cigale
4.5 out of 5 stars