Dame Tartine, Paris

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 6 Reviews

In Jardin des Tuileries

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Dame Tartine: Glassed Walls Offer A View!

by lmkluque Updated Aug 28, 2012

Napkin Souvenir

Dame Tartine located in Jardin des Tuileries which, (at the time of my last visit) was in the process of being renovated--the beautiful gardens were bare as a desert! Also it was winter and the trees had no leaves. Still, the view was beautiful through the glassed walls!

Beware of the trip to the WC, it is down a very narrow flight of stairs which were easy to trip on. (Or could it just be me?)

I apologize for not having a proper photo of the place or the view. Out of respect for my French friends who cringe everytime I pull out the old camera, I left it at home.

Update:

Just a note to say that they were not actually renovating Jardin des Tuileries as I thought. It simply was winter. Coming from California I'm not used to the effects of cold winters on the flora of an area. Sorry for the confusion.

Favorite Dish: Unique Qualities: Glass walls, lovely views, great food, very busy.

Dame Tartine was near the Musee du Louver but closer to Place de la Concorde. Convenient for a respite before or after a tour of the museum.

I ordered a ham and cheese sandwich this time. Don't know what it is, but even such an ordinary item as a ham sandwich tastes better in Paris.

• Museum Visits

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

Dame Tartine Beaubourg: Eric Rohmer's Rendezvous in Paris

by BeatChick Updated Dec 2, 2007

Place Igor Stravinsky

Dame Tartine
    2 rue Brisemiche

By now you've figured out that I'm a HUGE film buff. Dame Tartine was featured in Eric Rohmer's Rendezvous in Paris - A FANTASTIC FILM! Rohmer is one of the premiere, original Nouvelle Vague (New Wave) French directors, known for staying true to the original tenets of the New Wave ideal. Quentin Tarantino said of Rohmer, "You have to see one of (his movies), and if you kind of like that one, then you should see his other ones, but you need to see one to see if you like it." I think Rendezvous in Paris is an excellent one to start with, having so many great scenes of the parks & squares in Paris such as Jardin du Luxembourg, Parc de Belleville, around the Trocadero and Place Emile Goudeau. Thanks to Mimi (Cigalechanta) for recommending him to me.

I had dinner here one night. It's in a great location facing the Place Igor Stravinsky (neatly tucked away between le Beaubourg & Eglise St-Merri - great views); this is always a lively area. Dame Tartine is where I ate my first ever Croque Monsieur (grilled ham & cheese sandwich - a Croque Madame has a fried egg on top) and only after 4 trips - LOL! Along with their selection of tartines (open-faced sandwiches), Dame Tartine is also famous for their wines.

***UPDATE***
    I returned to Dame Tartine and sat out on the terrasse people-watching over Place Beaubourg, the Tinguely/St-Phalle fountains and St-Merri church. That was still a great time! You have street performers dancing on the square, it was fun!!

Photos: February 2006 & November 2007

Favorite Dish: Croque monsieur (7.40€) & double espresso (3.20€), s'il vous plait! Sigh! My first croque monsieur ever! :)
    Total: $15.50USD

This last trip I drank vin chaud (4.20€) and double café crème (4€) to ward off the chill.

• Lady_Mystique's Profile Photo

CAFÉ VERY - DAME TARTINE: Off the Beaten Track in the Off-Hours

by Lady_Mystique Updated Aug 23, 2006

P��t�� en cro��te de poire

We came here to celebrate Maria's nephew's good fortune.
    Istran had just been chosen for a small part in a French film.
    So, being an aspiring actor, he brought us here because it was affordable (he was treating his mother and aunt), and it was close to where we were staying (in a hotel in the 1st arrondissement).

THIS particular 'DAME TARTINE' (there are more than one in Paris) is beautifully located in the Jardin des Tuileries, and, although it stays open as late as 10:30 p.m., not many people come here after 6 p.m. because they think since the gardens are closed the restaurant is also. NOT SO!!
    Not many people know this, even the Parisians themselves, some of whom were carefully, and with puzzled looks on their faces, watching us as we walked through the "closed" garden gates(!!!) to get to the restaurant.

When we arrived at 7 p.m. there was only one other table that was occupied, so it was quiet and we got excellent service with undivided attention! :o)

Open Hours:
    Noon -10:30 p.m. daily (summer);
    Noon -10:30 p.m. ~ Thur-Sat (winter);
    Noon - 7:00 p.m. ~ Sun-Wed (winter)

Favorite Dish: After spending much too long reading through the menu (I can never make up my mind!!), I finally decided upon an almond chicken dish on a bed of cinnamon rice.

I can't remember what else came with the meal except that we had the house red wine and a PEAR TARTE for dessert.

ALL very delicious!!!

• lohki's Profile Photo

DAME TARTINE: Sweet....Chicken?

by lohki Written Oct 28, 2005

Avec Kir et Badoit!

Had totally forgotten about having Dame Tartine on my "to eat at" list until I (almost) literally stumbled onto the patio.
    It was a little chilly out that day and the fountain had not yet been turned on yet -to my great disappointment- so I ate inside.
    Just your basic cafe in Paris, as usual I received wonderful service, though it should be said that inside was very quiet when I was there.
    In May they were showing a local painter's vibrant series of African animals. Quite enjoyable.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken with cinnamon and almonds.... Tartine le Poulet avec canelle et amande.
    Or something like that. Was very good..... Not really my thing. I had actually decided on the Tartine with the Beef and Artichoke, but when I asked my waiter ..... oui c'est bon? He kind of shrugged and said Le Poulet was better so I went with his recommendation.
    Again VERY GOOD I just don't really like the cinnamon almond chicken thing.

• bcorbitt's Profile Photo

Fogao: French Brazilian restaurant

by bcorbitt Updated Apr 10, 2005

The French especially in paris have fallen in Love with Brazil as new bars and restuarants with Brazilian themes are popping up everywhere. Had plan to eat at the nearby Chatelier but the wait was too long so came here to eat instead. I will say this place is more Brazil themed food then Brazilian actually having spent over a month in Brazil with my Brazilian wife. They had brazilian music playing and a huge plasma TV that flashed through pictures of Rio. They also had the requisite Caprinha which seemed to be on every bar menu. The service was good with our waitress coming by on numerous occasions to ask if we needed anything. The menu was varied and seemed to offer many Brazilian classics like Moqueca and various meat dishes along with Picanha and seafood dishes like Mariscada. That is where the Brazilian ended as my Picanha came with a Hollandaise sauce instead of Molho campanha and no black beans and rice in sight. The meat was of high quality but undercooked by brazilian standards.

Favorite Dish: My wife had the Mariscada which she said was excellent while I had a Picanaha dish which was of good quality but came with an overbearing sauce that could have been skipped as I would have preferred some simple tomatos and onions mixed with vinger and Olive oil.

• bcorbitt's Profile Photo

DAME TARTINE: Street Cafe near Centre Pompidou

by bcorbitt Written Apr 10, 2005

Ate there with a friend of my wife, her husban and their three four year old kids. The restaurant was picked more for its closeness to the Centre than the food. The cafe also was near a nice fountain area which had many art pieces and a small square for the kids to run around. The food was nothing special though service was good as they quickly cleaned up tables as people left so as to combine 4 tables so 7 people could sit down. They also had a 3 choices for kids menus which cost under 10 euros and were big enough to feed two four year olds.

Favorite Dish: My wife had the Lasagna which she said was good while I had a Salmon dish which was of good quality but covered in an overbearing sauce that could have been skipped.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Dame Tartine
3.5 out of 5 stars