Flam's, Paris

Near the Montpanasse station and tower

Flam's: Amazing Flammekueche
    by iamjacksgoat
    Flammekueche from Flam's
    by iamjacksgoat
  • My friends enjoying their Flam's desserts!
    My friends enjoying their Flam's...
    by bisous333
  • iamjacksgoat's Profile Photo

Flam's: Absolutely Delicious!

by iamjacksgoat Written Aug 17, 2008

Flam's: Amazing Flammekueche

This was definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Paris. The food was amazing. We started out with a salad and water, as usual in Paris. Then, the waiter brought out tons of these pizza-like things, flammekueche. They are like a super-thin pizza, without tomato sauce. Instead, they have a creamy sauce that is delicious. They come with ham, bacon, mushroom, etc. Since I was in a group, we were brought many different kinds of the pizza. It was a great experience to end my stay in Paris.

For dessert, you can get the same flammekueche, but with dessert toppings. My group got a baked apple and a chocolate chip dessert pizza. I did not think I would like these, but they were amazing as well.

Favorite Dish: My favorite flammekueche would have to be the delicious ham one, shown in a picture. However, I loved every one I tried. For dessert, the baked apple was amazing as well. All of my friends loved the chocolate chip dessert flammekueche.

• Study Abroad

• bisous333's Profile Photo

Flam's: Yummy and great to share!

by bisous333 Written Jan 28, 2008

My friends enjoying their Flam's desserts!

I doubt you have been to a restaurant that serves food like this anywhere else. It is typically from the Alsace region. Well Flams, which are Flammekuches, are thin based pizza like, except its not made from bread at all. Have a look at the Youtube link below:

Flam's restaurants can be found all over France, especially in the North, Paris and Lille. The first one I went to was in Lille and I throughly enjoyed the experience. Always go there on an empty stomach! Asyou have an 'eat all you like' option, so if you go in a group, to celebrate a birthday or something you make the most out of the evening. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed, you just have to concentrate on shovelling all those flammekeuches in your mouth. As they are very light in texture, you can try many before you get full, unlike a pizza buffet.

Favorite Dish: My favourite would have to be the creme fraiche, mushrooms and cheese with onions. You can ask the staff to leave off the ingredients you don't want. I'm not a huge fan of salty bacon, so I ask them to drop that. If you like bacon, by all means have what you like. The great thing about the meal deals is that you can have a great dessert to go with it after you have had your eat all you like flams ' volonte'. I have had the apple crumble with vanilla icecream scoop that was fab, but very filling. I have also tried the profiteroles which was fabulous, and my friend had the bana split with iceam and nuts and chocolate sauce.

• hollykate's Profile Photo

Flam's: Flam- Thin, Pancake-type pizzas!

by hollykate Written Apr 6, 2007

Flam is like a pizza with cheese and no sauce. When I went, I had a Ham Flam (ha ha!), Ham and Mushroom, and for dessert, a Chocolate Chip Flam, and an Apple Flam. I really enjoyed this unique food; I'm not sure if it's originally French, but I would recommend trying it anyways! The restaurant also had a nice, warm environment. The waitstaff was very friendly as well.

Favorite Dish: The Apple Flam was delicious! It tastes like an apple pie, but this is just a new and fun way to eat it in.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Flam's
3.5 out of 5 stars