Fuxia, Paris

5 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

40, rue de Ponthieu 75008 Paris 0033 1 40 75 07 12

• Fuxia - Pasta with eggplant, salad w artichokes
    Fuxia - Pasta with eggplant, salad w...
    by BeatChick
    Luigi Righetti Wine
    by BeatChick
  • BeatChick's Profile Photo

Fuxia: Italian Dining near Palais Royal

by BeatChick Updated Dec 8, 2007

Fuxia - Pasta with eggplant, salad w artichokes

My first night in Paris this past trip was my good friend Michael's birthday. So after tromping around the Louvre a bit and traipsing around the area of the Palais Royal hunting down film sites, we strode to Fuxia, one of Michael's favorite Italian places.

And it was divine! I'm not really into Italian food as my family has worn out my taste buds with pasta dishes but this was fresh & inventive, something wonderful & new to ease my jaded palate. The rigatoni pasta was firm, the sauce light & flavorful, it was kicked up with wonderful eggplant (aubergine). The accompanying salad had artichokes, black olives, tomatoes and shaved cheese, some of my favorite things (I LOVE vegetables)! The suggested red wine so perfectly complemented the meal - I included a photo for reference. We ended beautifully with a lovely lemon tarte (sorry, no photo, too busy drooling)!

This is a great mid-priced place for vegetarian meals (Michael & Scott are both vegetarians).

Fuxia is a local chain with 7 locations scattered throughout the city:
    Richelieu & St-Honoré in the 1st
    François-Miron in the Marais
    Ponthieu in the 8th
    Martyrs in the 9th
    Raymond Poincaré in the 16th
    Batignolles in the 17th

Their Martyrs location also is a traiteur so you can do Italian takeaway! The Richelieu branch is open every day but only for dinner on Saturdays.

Expect to spend less than 30 euros per person for dinner. Lunch menu is 11 euros.

Truly this was one of the best dinners I had this past trip. Italian - totally unexpected - who'd have thought it?!?! :D

Photos: November 2007

Favorite Dish: Both the pasta with eggplant and the salad with artichokes & black olives were divine!

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Fuxia
4.0 out of 5 stars