Guy Savoy, Paris

Near Arc de Triomphe, Paris

• CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Guy Savoy: 3 Shiny Michelin Stars

by CruisingGoddess Written Dec 5, 2012

Guy Savoy offers the typical modern French fine dining experience. Jackets are required, but not ties so dress trendy. They do have loaner jackets. The establishment itself is located in a side street and is not much to look at from the outside. The interior is modern but still warm with many partitions to separate dining rooms.

Expect lots of truffles (the expensive fungus kind, not the chocolate kind) and foie gras in nearly every dish. For me, the most exceptional dish was the turbot fish. The ingredients in every dish were amazingly fresh and well prepared. The cheese cart is something to behold. I’m not a big fan of cheeses but there were so many choices with so many bread pairing selections that anyone who can appreciate fine dining would find something they would like. If you are a cheese fan, then you may think you died and went to heaven. The wait staff was very friendly and took the time to explain the menu items thoroughly in English.

We were fortunate enough that Chef Savoy happened to be at this location and he gladly walked us to the kitchen for a photograph. Although far from being cheap (meaning very expensive), it was a good experience to have and to be able to check off dining in a three Michelin star restaurant in Paris off of the bucket list.

Favorite Dish: Turbot

• Luxury Travel

• The Gus Savoy Restaurant: Pricey - but worth it

by QueensLady Written Sep 13, 2008

This restaurant is one of the best in all of Paris. Pricey, but worth the investment for a great night of dining.

Favorite Dish: I had the grilled sea bass, which was phenomenal. Neither undercooked or overcooked, it was amazing.

• jnyvegas's Profile Photo

Guy Savoy: Good & Expensive!!

by jnyvegas Written Aug 22, 2008
    Front Door

The food was very good and the restaurant had a good atnosphere, the waiters were excellent and spoke every language. We had the grand Tour tasting menu which I think was 7 courses but turned out to be more like 11 courses with a huge dessert trolly. I am glad we went the food was very good and innovative my favorite thing we had in the whole meal (this may sound funny) was a brioche topped with truffle butter it accompained the soup course. It is strange with the 9 different breads( 1 for each course) and the champagne and wine i remember this the most. The lobster was also excellent. I also picked the runniest and smelliest cheeses on the cheese try...they were excellent. They also say coat and tie required but half the men there just had coats on and NO tie. I hear they have a excellent internet special where you can get a lunch prix fix for 100 euros, I think if we go again it will be for lunch as this meal came to 750 euros or $1240.

Favorite Dish: Brioche topped with truffle butter, Lobster 3 ways, and make sure to try one of everything on the dessert cart.

• Stasigrace's Profile Photo

Guy Savoy: An unforgettable meal for a special occasion

by Stasigrace Written Jul 16, 2003

This restaurant was recommended to us by Parisian friends as THE place to go in the city for that once-in-a-lifetime, break the bank meal.
    Everything lived up to and exceeded expectations. The services was impeccable--I have never felt so attended to. I believe we had 5 people just waiting on us--and Guy himself came out to welcome us! They kindly explained each dish to us in English and complimented my French. There is not a hint of pretension.
    The room is warm and comfortable (dark woods, modern/african art). A very diverse clientele--families, lovers, celebrities, and businesspeople.
    We made reservations 5 weeks in advance. They don't really go any earlier than that.
    One note: we were warned that our meal could cost as much as $500, and were prepared for that. After wine, bottles of water, an aperitif, the exchange rate, etc., it ended up being over $700. So just a word of warning: prepare yourself for this kind of spending.
    That said, it was worth every penny.

Favorite Dish: Imagine if you will an entire meal where every dish you try is the best thing you've ever eaten. We were blown away at each course.
    We chose a tasting menu (200 euros per person) that was delicious and never-ending. We were laughing by the end because they brought something like 5 desserts!
    Best dishes: Guy's a genius with soups (artichoke w/truffle & parmesan & carrot), and very good seared foie gras. But everything was phenomenal.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Guy Savoy
4.5 out of 5 stars