Indiana Café, Paris

Montparnasse 01 47 97 90 01
    Indiana Cafe montparnasse
    looking out from Indiana Cafe
    by gwened
    the menu du jour and the bd Montparnasse

• gwened's Profile Photo

Indiana Café: Indiana at République

by gwened Written Sep 26, 2015

This is a chain I love, usually go more at the Montparnasse /Maine properties (see entry) but the one at République was just as good. Very nice friendly service talkative and fast; vibrant ambiance with sport TV all over, and a nice terrace on the square. The place was packed by the time I left it.

Other than the ones above, they have properties at Les Halles, Sebastopol,Ternes,Clichy, Richelieu-Drouot, Bonne Nouvelle,Bastille,Saint Antoine, Tolbiac,Denfert-Rochereau,Saint Cloud,and Gambetta. You are covered in Paris.

The ambiance is all, the food is good, the service is prompt, and the price/quality ratio tops. Good for the whole family but later at night kiddies can be away. Good looking crowds at nights.

Favorite Dish: I go for the big juicy hamburgers like the pastrami burger with fries cole slaw, and a great affligem beers, noisette coffees at end. Change the burger once in a while but the rest is mine ::)

Indiana Caf�� and the counter bar at arrival the look out into the terrace from my table the pastrami burger and beer platter goood! i am coming at you Indiana Caf�� R��publique
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• gwened's Profile Photo

Indiana Cafe: French tex mex Indiana

by gwened Updated Sep 25, 2015

This is the French tex mex imitation, several ones in Paris, I always hook up with them in the montparnasse area my old work area. There is one in Montparnasse blvd and other one at ave du Maine. We stop with the family at the Montparnasse this time.

The motifs are of American Indians, and the service is always nice and friendly. You have Fajitas, burgers ,and salads in big portions, with great cocktails inside or in terrace. it gives a young ambiance with darker colors decorations like in the US desert with old photos in the walls.

The Indiana Cafe also offers great entertainment and a ever changing musical ambiance with sounds of électro-chic , soul, and Caribbean ! You have nights of rock, pop and soul projected in a big TV screen .

See other entry on different location at République.

Favorite Dish: well big juicy hamburgers with great glass of red wine for lunch is good,while looking at the world go by on blvd montparnasse.

Indiana Cafe montparnasse looking out from Indiana Cafe the menu du jour and the bd Montparnasse

• Turska's Profile Photo

Indian: Quite o.k. chain restaurant

by Turska Written Sep 6, 2011

My husband loves tex mex and when he saw this place, he thought it would be something similar. I wasn´t so keen to going here, but since I was tired and it was raining (again..) I said o.k.
    Staff was friendly and allthough I understang some how the French menu, it was nice to have an English one. Actually we went here twice. At the last day in Paris it was raining more than ever during our stay. We had to kill the time at Forum les Halles shopping centre, but there was no "real" restaurants and some we founf had so long lines, that we went out. This was the only place open at the moment at the street we needed to get our bags from, so I had to say o.k. again ;)
    Funny thing at our first visit: There was a man weither, who put an AC/DC concert dvd on the tv. It was quite quiet, but we turned our heads to see it all the time while waiting the food. The weither came to us, and asked if we would like to hear better? we said we would and he turned the speaker close to us on. So we could enjoy the music :) We loved that, but I hope no one else didn´t mind. Next time we went the music was boring ( in our mind) MTV hits.

Favorite Dish: at first time I had steak with bearnise and chips. The chips were quite "Mc Donalds-style" not good in my mind and the sauce tasted like it came from can. But the steak was really good, so.. better to have good steak with not so good sauce than other way around.
    Next time I had chicken breast with rice. Not really spicy, so i guess the steak was my favourite then.
    My husband had fajitas at first time and a hamburger at next time. He was really pleased to what he had. Maybe those things are more what they do at this place.

I will add the photo soon!

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Indiana Cafe: MARGARITAS AND NACHOS IN PARIS

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Aug 8, 2010

THIS REFERS TO THE ONE AT DENFERT ROCHEREAU

AUGUST 2010: I am upgrading Cafe Indiana at Denfert Rochereau. I recently had a bacon cheeseburger there with a side salad instead of french fries. Both the burger and the salad were delicious. I like mine medium rare so I ordered it saignant (pronounced say nyon).

MAY 2007: Cafe Indiana has a very popular happy hour every day and it is always packed, mostly with young people. The two old ladies that you will sometimes see in there complaining about the rude service and the watered down drinks are my Parisian landlady and me. We swear every time that we are never going to set foot in there again and every week we go back. We are just too lazy to trek across town to le Cubana to get ourselves a good tropical drink. We also like Indiana's nachos and cheese, even when slightly burned, and guacamole.

MARCH 2007: Well I am back in Paris and once again find myself at this place and nothing has changed. Since I first started going here, I have encountered only two people who work here in any capacity who are friendly. Other than those two, the servers are usually very rude. And except for the B52, which is straight alcohol and sugar, the drinks are mostly fruit juice with a dash of liquor. It just happens to be close to where I live and they do have nachos and cheese, which are pretty good, and a passable B52. The Long Island Ice Tea was little more than fruit juice.

ORIGINAL POSTING: This is the French effort at Tex Mex food. It could be owned by an American for all I know, but not only is the food not very good, but the service is terrible with the exception of a few of the wait staff. The one that I have frequented is at Denfert Rochereau. I have had two unpleasant incidences there. They do have a half price happy hour.

If you are dying for a Margarita, go to La Perla.

Favorite Dish: Bacon cheeseburger.

Cafe Indiana Long Island Ice Tea and Coco Punch
    • Seniors
    • Women's Travel
    • Study Abroad

• Indiana Café: Beware!

by HarmonyALZ Updated Oct 7, 2003

I went on New Year's Eve with a friend. Even though there were plenty of empty tables, my friend and I were there for over 2 hours and only had recieved an overly priced glass of champagne and a guacomole and chips appetizer. Because of the awful service, my friend and I missed going to the Champs Elysees on New Years Eve! I'm still bitter about it!

Favorite Dish: The guacamole (the only thing I got to have) was really good. I'm sure the rest of the food was fine.

• exotique18's Profile Photo

Indiana Café: If you like Mexican and American food, go for it!!

by exotique18 Written Nov 14, 2002

The inside of cafe/restaurant is cool, there are many Indian posters and kind of typical American restaurant atmosphere!! You can try some mexican food. They have varieties in their menu.
    The prices are not expensive.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Indiana Café
4.5 out of 5 stars