Jules Verne, Paris

4 out of 5 stars 13 Reviews

• Le Jules Verne, table settings, Paris, 07/08
    Le Jules Verne, table settings, Paris,...
    Le Jules Verne, the view, Paris, 07/08
    Le Jules Verne, cocktails, Paris, 07/08
  • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Le Jules Verne Restaurant April 2009: Dine&view the lights of Paris with an odd smirk.

by wise23girl Updated Sep 23, 2011

We dined at the very top

This was a once in a lifetime for us.

The views of Paris as night came in were stunning and we were lucky to have a table by the window. We could even see folk walking below on the 2nd viewing platform .

The concierge from Bel Ami Hotel had booked us in 2 months before.Not easy to find a booking later than that I am told.

The decor of Le Jules Verne is plush, yet cosy .The food a delight .

The senior staff were very attentive and helpful. Yet a few of the younger waiters exchanged glances between each other which I observed when I took my eyes away from the panoramic views of Paris. One smiled a false smile as the sauce was poured...almost a smirk and the smile dropped from his face almost before he had turned away. Not only at our table either. What a shame I thought to spoil this beautiful place with waiters of this mind set. Of course they could never afford to dine in Jules Verne themselves I guarantee.

At the end of the evening again it was the lift on its long journey down from the heights and the finishing touch was being escorted to our taxi..

Now when I see photos or souvenirs of the Eiffel Tower I remember being in Le Jules Verne almost at the top of the world.

Favorite Dish: Would you believe I do not remember exactly what I ordered but it was fish and tasted devine.
    We had main course and sweets...well I had cheese. Any more would have really stretched the pocket as with wine and coffee it cost for 4 of us about $A900.

• von.otter's Profile Photo

Le Jules Verne: Dining in the Sky

by von.otter Updated Apr 9, 2009

Le Jules Verne, entry awning, Paris, 07/08

“We may brave human laws, but we cannot resist natural ones.” — Jules Verne (1828-1905)

You should not find any resistance locating réstaurant Le Jules Verne; it is located in the Eiffel Tower. Situated on the first level of this landmark, Le Jules Verne does not rest on its location and the view. The food and service are first class. That is not always the case with marquee restaurants.

You will not have to contend with tourists seeking to get to the top of the Tower. There is a separate entrance for Le Jules Verne; it is in the Tower’s south pillar. Enter through the door under the awning (see photo #1) and a staff member will check for your name on the reservation list. It would be wise to place your reservation three months in advance; and get your hotel’s concierge service to make the arrangements. They are steps I followed; it was quite easy.

You will be whisked up on the restaurant’s private elevator to the dining floor, and shown to your table (see photo #2). All tables have excellent views (see photo #3). Order a cocktail (see photo #4); we enjoyed a Kir Royale. Dinner will be wonderful. And if it is a special occasion you will be given the royal treatment (see photo #5).

Enjoy yourself 403.5 feet in the sky à la tour Eiffel.

• Museum Visits

• kmohandas's Profile Photo

JULES VERNE RESTAURANT: DINE ON TOP OF PARIS

by kmohandas Updated May 7, 2008

Overlooking the skies of scenic Paris, Jules Verne Restaurant, at a height of 123 meters from the ground on the second level of Eiffel Tower, is a unique place to dine and wine. You can enjoy a quiet evening here.
    This restaurant is very expensive and if you don’t reserve your seat well in advance, you will not be able to dine here. Reservation can be done over telephone. Lunch timings are from 1215 hrs. to1330 hrs. Dinner is served between 1830 hrs. and 2130 hrs. Lunch costs around Euros 50/- to 75/-. A dinner may cost between Euros 150/- to 190/-. Wines are priced around Euros 30/-.

Favorite Dish: You can enjoy the finest varieties of French cuisine and wines here.

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• bianchis's Profile Photo

Jules Vernes restaurant: A very expensive view

by bianchis Written May 29, 2007

An worthwhile experience

We took the advice of our VT'er friends and booked in advance at the prestigious Jules Verne Restaurant on the second floor 125 meters above ground with its own private elevator access (south pillar) and so avoided the queues. Visitors in 2006 were about 6,719,200 so you can imagine the crowds.

However, we left with an empty feeling, we knew the prices would be exorbitant but still we didn't think it was worth the money.

The next time we will use the stairs which are open to the public and go up to the second floor (115 meters).

• HarShe's Profile Photo

Jules Verne: Great food, great views, great time!

by HarShe Updated Aug 4, 2006

The entrance at bottom of the Eiffel tower

A la carte or a fixed menu. A huge selection of French wines. Everything very well presented.

Warning: Need to book in advance, specially for dinner. I couldn't get a dinner booking three months in advance! NO email booking - only by phone or fax.

Although expensive, great for a 'special' occasion!

• Luxury Travel

• Jules Verne: Horrible customer service

by fabiensfp Written Jul 4, 2006

Made reservations for lunch via fax a month in advance. When in paris called the same day of the reservation to confirm. Was told that there was no sign of my reservation and they were fully booked! I asked the girl if they could track a fax, since many faxes create a journal but she told me this was not possible!
    The girl was very apologetic but couldn't do anything for me! Very poor service for such a restaurant. Went to th Montparnasse 25 restaurant instead which was very nice.
    If you plan to go to the Jules Verne reserve over the phone and get conformation in writing!!!

by jnyvegas Updated Jan 26, 2005

A picture of the bill for 2 people. This is a once in a lifetime dinner and I dont expect to spend this much ever again. yikes!!

Favorite Dish: Make sure you get a va table by the window, or its like being in any other fancy restaurant.

by jnyvegas Written Jan 25, 2005

I was chicken to pull the camera out before the Desserts came, but they were Great. I recommend the Crepe suzzette.

Favorite Dish: The Lobster appitizer was great (78euros) and so was the Steak with wine sauce(75 euros).

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Le Jules Verne: Lunch on the Eiffel Tower

by Callavetta Written Oct 4, 2004

Jules Verne

The day after Christmas, my daughter and I decided to treat ourselves with a splurge at le Jules Verne. It was a wonderful experience!

The elevator that takes you to this "restaurant in the round" is private and doesn't require standing in the 30 minute plus lines that folks trying to ascend the tower must stand in. Arriving at the coat check, you immediately know you are in a very luxe place. While we were not seated right next to the window, we were close enough to have fantastic views of all of Paris. (Get there early for the best seating).

Favorite Dish: We ordered from the menu, chosing a selection of amuse bouche, delicious fresh breads, soup, an entree and dessert. When we thought we would absolutely burst, our check came with a plate of wonderful little ganache delicacies. The 3 hour meal cost the equivalent of $150. I had two glasses of wine.

After eating, diners can choose to take the next elevator to the top of the tower, or can proceed down directly.

by teitss Updated Aug 24, 2002

It is the Eiffel Tour overlooking the city of Paris. It is mostly tourists that go here but if it is your first time to Paris or you have never eaten in the Eiffel Tour it is a must.

Favorite Dish: We were very surprised because all of the food was absoluetely outstanding but especiialy the souffle

by teitss Written Aug 24, 2002

by teitss Written Aug 24, 2002

by jnyvegas Written Jan 25, 2005

Located about 38 stories up the Eiffel Tower this restaurant is hard to get into and very good, but very very expensive.

Instant Answers: Paris